PDA

View Full Version : F6B Down !!!!

jlyon
06-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Well it happened...

I got hit from behind the he destroyed my beautiful F6B....

:(

chipmaker
06-30-2014, 12:20 PM
I hope you are okay, and I hope you get rich!!!

Scotrod
06-30-2014, 12:38 PM
SUM-BITCH!!!! :furious: How are YOU?!?!?! Did you have a passenger!?!?! WTH happened!?!?!?

Exbmwrider
06-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Tough to look at. Hope you're ok and able to get back on the horse as soon as possible!

SmallPasture
06-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Holy Crap!
I take it you have most of your facilities or you wouldn't be able to post the pics! :shock:

Hope you and yours are Good!

goldtahoe
06-30-2014, 12:42 PM
That pisses me off ... I hope you're alright ... Post the pics of the new one that's coming ...

Scotrod
06-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Looks like they just drug yer 6 up on the truck,,, :banghead:

Who's sitting down in the background of pic 1?

CRAP!!!!!!

SmallPasture
06-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Ok...I see toes up in the accident photo!!:shock:

Need a health report on health!

God Bless ya, jlyon!!!

XKnight
06-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Wow, I hate to see that. Hope your injuries are minor or better yet non existent. Good luck with everything.

Slingah
06-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Yikes......you okay?
That is terrible.

brewcityf6b
06-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Holy Crap. Give us a health report. Hope you are okay.

Hornblower
06-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Well it happened...

I got hit from behind the he destroyed my beautiful F6B....

:(

Destroyed is the word :yikes:. I hope you're OK. Your bike was well equipped too so I hope your insurance company treats you right. Will you be getting back on the "horse"?

Steve 0080
06-30-2014, 01:02 PM
WOW!!!!!!! :yikes:

Jabbasan
06-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Man that just sucks. I hope you are ok?

motozeke
06-30-2014, 01:17 PM
DAMMIT! Ugh, this is my worst nightmare, after deer. I hope you are uninjured.

I don't know how much it helps, but this is why I pull up over to the far left of the lane when I stop, to put me directly in front of the driver's line of sight. I think the basic problem is that most people drive on remote control, letting their subconscious pilot their vehicle, and their brains' pattern recognition systems are looking for cars and they literally don't "see" us sitting there.

JUST DAMMIT! Sorry for your loss. So upsetting.

Dmoon64
Wow!!:yikes:

I do hope you are ok! The bike can be replaced.

Bama Bagger
Praying you are well! A new 2014 is in your future?

F6BPDX
06-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Echoing everyone else, first and foremost I hope you are okay and in one piece.

That being said, that'll buff right out. :yikes:

jlyon
06-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Hey Guys (and Gals),

Thanks for the support messages... they made me smile...

Feel like I've played a game of tackle football with a couple of NFL'ers, and they got to wear pads and I didn't !!!

I was sitting at a red light, two other bikers were sitting in lane next to me (an H-D and a Yamaha I think :) ) and we were exchanging pleasantries about it being a beautiful day to ride and complimenting each other on the bikes... There was a silver Ford Fusion behind me.... A red mustang convertible crashed into the Ford, causing it to crash into me... I did a complete 360 in the air, and landed on my back across my beautiful F6B about 30 feet further into the intersection than where I started, and then rolled to the ground (so those feet you see sticking up in the tan boots are mine - passersby / Samaritans made sure I stayed laying down, 'cause I wanted to take my helmet off and beat somebody bloody)... they came and back-boarded me and took me to the hospital... X-rays and being felt up by the Doc indicated nothing broken or bulging that they could see, so with some pain meds and valium I was released... The poor couple in the Silver Ford took the brunt of the collision, and probably saved both myself and the other two bikers from some serious hurting...

The driver of the red mustang... allegedly intoxicated with previous history of such... he was arrested (so i was told - I wasn't there by then)...

So... already talked to the dealer.... asking if any rumors about the 2015 model F6B will have cruise control or not are true !!! He said he didn't have any new info, but would offer my letter on the subject to the Honda Dealership Owner's Group meeting in Sept.

I have three other bikes ((2) H-D's and a brand new Victory Cross Country Tour) so I will be riding as soon as I am able to again.... but my '6 was my favorite scoot... and she WILL be replaced !!!

Again, thanks all for the concern... she held together well and the safety bars on the sides did their thing... it is a GREAT bike, and one I will be proud to own again !!!

"They ain't gonna stop the midnight rider !!!" :)

Joe

jlyon
06-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Side note on the F6B...

The driver backrest on the RDL seat took the brunt force of me moving backward and broke, but kept me from landing in the windshield of the car behind me... it did it's job !!! I am a fan of RDL's for life now !!!

Gotta go to the tow yard tomrrow and retrieve my personalized FSIXB license plate back too !!!

darcym
06-30-2014, 02:21 PM
:shock: :icon_frown: :icon_evil:

glad ur ok

CheckpointChcky
06-30-2014, 02:29 PM
I am so sorry this happened to you. I'm glad you are OK and got some good drugs to ease the pain. Hopefully, the law will take that idiot off the road for good. Just glad you are able to be here to talk about it. Please get well soon.

Darren
06-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Glad your ok. Shame about the bike though.

Scotrod
06-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Good to hear you're, for the most part, seemingly OK,,,

If it wasn't for that silver car, you might be singing with the Angels right now,,, :shock:

Simply not your time yet, but,,,, DAYUUUUUM!!!!!

jkelley
06-30-2014, 03:32 PM
All I can say is DAMN!

Glad you made it out of that relatively ok.
Hate it for you and your scoot.

Marine Gunfighter
06-30-2014, 03:44 PM
I hope all is well with you and you are not injured. You can buy another bike.

MSGT-R
06-30-2014, 03:51 PM
If you wait for the insurance company, you will be screwed for sure. If this guy has priors, everyone will get the short end of the stick if you don't move QUICKLY. Call The Law Tigers or Ride Lawyers today or first thing tomorrow morning. I'm not kidding on this; I had my GL1100 destroyed two years ago and would have been screwed if I left it up to the insurance company.

DO IT NOW.

Marine Gunfighter
06-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I blew up the pictures (which gave me a stomach ache to look at), and I think its a Maryland plate. I live in Virginia, and Maryland by far has the worst drivers I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!
Sue their ass.

SmallPasture
06-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Good to hear your not broken, jlyon!!! :clap2:

GiddyupF6B
06-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Wow I'm glad you're ok! That is one of my worst fears right there. I live in Frederick Md too, where abouts are you?

Spanky
06-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Glad to hear you are in one piece. Hope you can strip off the takeoffs after insurance pays... Sure can sell the areo pegs here. I was cut in front of a number of years ago on an old savage 650 and bought back for $200. Sold for parts and made a pretty penny.

powercruzer13
06-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Bloody Hell!!!
That looks bad! VERY glad you are OK. Scary to see such a big beautiful bike like that bashed up. You may have sustained far worse injuries on a lesser bike.
I will always be double-checking my mirrors now.
You do owe that Fusion driver a beer!!!:icon_lol:

Wild Bill
06-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Oh man that hurt my feelings to look at them photos.....Thank God your ok...I agree with majority opinion..Get a good lawyer and get whats comeing to you.The street is no place for impared drivers. Get well,Get a new scout and maybe we will see you in franklin.

Stress
06-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Glad you are ok. I am in the opposite position. I have a new F6B and can't ride it until my injuries from my motorcycle crash heals. On the positive side the insurance company treated me better than selling or trading in my bike..lol

Fla_rider
06-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Just like everyone said "glad your ok, bikes can be replaced, friends can not."

Hug your family and tell them you love them - and get another F6B!

Side note - rear tire still looked good! :icon_mrgreen:

jaygollner
06-30-2014, 06:22 PM
I am just glad that you are okay, That looks scary.

timjoebob
06-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Oh my goodness!

Glad you're able to talk about it and laugh about it!

That's my old RDL seat! Wow. That's a little too close to home.

I'm so glad you're okay.

SpeedyWho
06-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Thankfully you seem to be ok, and hopes of a speedy recovery.

That's the second totaled F6B that I know of, Lamonster hit a deer a while ago.

Phantom
06-30-2014, 08:21 PM
:stretcher:

Sorry to hear about this, glad that you are OK. Take it easy for a few days, you will be sore for 3-5 days. DO NOT tell the insurance company that you are fine and just banged up a little, let your doctor determine that. You may have suffered a shearing brain injury that feels like a headache but will scar in time and may possibly effect your sleeping permanently. Your neck ligaments and muscles may have been stretched (hyper-extended) from the whip lash. Your spine may have suffered as well.

Wait it out for 2-3 weeks before you make any medical prognosis …. MEANTIME Document all of your issues, pains and aches…. they could be the start of something permanent. I Hope not.

I speak from experience, 3.5 years ago I was rear ended while on a bike, suffered several injuries including a concussion and am still paying the price. My sleeping cycle has been permanently effected.

Take it easy, don't strain yourself and see a doctor. ;2cents2;

flyboy
06-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Just like everyone said "glad your ok, bikes can be replaced, friends can not."

Hug your family and tell them you love them - and get another F6B!

Side note - rear tire still looked good! :icon_mrgreen:

Glad ur ok too! (Right side Cobra pipe still looks good also)

firetech
06-30-2014, 08:57 PM
WOW!!! What a scary sight, just glad you came out of it well.
I seen bikes with a lot less damage and worse outcomes.
Take it easy and keep us informed.

99m3
06-30-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm with everyone else, the bike can be replaced. I'm glad that your are ok, that was a blessing for sure.

richw56
06-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Scary sight.
Hope you feel better quickly!
Hope you're riding again very soon.
The courts should award you whatever's left of the drunken idiot's Mustang, too! :icon_lol:

Ray H
06-30-2014, 10:40 PM
As others before me have stated, glad to hear you're ok. The stiffness will ultimately go away and toys can be replaced. Now, as for the clown that caused you all the pain and suffering……

Big Jay
07-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Just want to echo the thoughts and prayers of everyone else, glad your doing ok.

bobbyf6b
07-01-2014, 12:50 AM
:shock: :icon_frown: :icon_evil:

glad ur ok

Ditto! :icon_doh:

Paul B Blues
07-01-2014, 04:03 AM
I am so sorry to hear your news, but glad you are OK. It's a frightening thing to happen, take care of yourself.

Cool Hand Luke
07-01-2014, 05:27 AM
Just saw this thread, I wish you the best, health is the most important thing, bike can be replaced. Think positive - now you have a chance to get a faster black one!

Let us know if you're OK.

dickiedeals
07-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Wow that Sucks! Definitely glad you are ok. My worst nightmare is getting hit from behind ,Hence all the Lights added to the back of mine. Please take the advice of getting a bike Lawyer! I can tell you from personal experience if you rely on the insurance you will get the short end of the stick. It the adjusters job to get you to agree to as little as possible. As far as the drunk idiot, He'll be back on the road shockingly fast license or not. These kind of guys could give a crap. There are drunk drivers on the road that have been in jail 5 times or more for the same offence. Our system really sucks when it comes to keeping them off the road...........................Dickie

austin_tech
07-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Heartbreaking to see this, can't not respond. Glad as hell you're ok.
A reminder to keep our heads on a swivel out there.

SCMike
07-01-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm so glad you're not badly hurt. The problem is that guys like the one who caused your wreck are allowed on the roads.
You said he had prior drunken driving convictions. That's often the case. These guys are allowed to keep driving until they hurt someone badly or kill them. Only then do the courts take it seriously. Here's hoping they take him off the roads for good.

SPGrenier
07-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Let me get in line and wish you a quick recovery. Prayers go out to you and the good folks in the Fusion. Drunk and distracted drivers are scary when we are less protected than the cagers. No level of defensive driving skills will do much for you when you're just sitting there minding your own business.

WingThing
07-01-2014, 10:56 AM
I also want to wish you a speedy recovery and happy to know you'll be ok and back at it in no time. Looking forward to seeing your new 6.

Hornblower
07-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Maybe this is a good time to interject something I learned from local motorcycle cops. When coming to a stop behind cars, they leave quite a bit of distance between them and the car ahead. By quite a bit, I mean a full car length or 2. Then, as cars are approaching them from behind, they keep a lookout in their rear view mirrors. With this kind of extra spacing, they have several options if it appears someone is not going to stop in time. They can go left or right or, for that matter, even make a u-turn if they receive an emergency call while they are stopped. I don't always remember to practice this but I'm convinced it's a really good idea.

motoman
07-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Don't worry, that will buff right out. :icon_mrgreen:

CheesyRider
07-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm glad to read that it looks like you'll be fine. I know what it's like. I was rear ended on the freeway during rush hour 13 years ago. My bike was stuck upright in the car's grill and they needed to use a winch to get my bike out.

I know it wouldn't have helped in your situation, but I think a taillight modulator might have saved me.

Good luck with everything.

unsub
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Maybe this is a good time to interject something I learned from local motorcycle cops. When coming to a stop behind cars, they leave quite a bit of distance between them and the car ahead. By quite a bit, I mean a full car length or 2. Then, as cars are approaching them from behind, they keep a lookout in their rear view mirrors. With this kind of extra spacing, they have several options if it appears someone is not going to stop in time. They can go left or right or, for that matter, even make a u-turn if they receive an emergency call while they are stopped. I don't always remember to practice this but I'm convinced it's a really good idea.

Thanks for bringing that up. A good rule of thumb is leave enough room so that you can see the rear tires of the car in front of you touching the pavement.

I'm glad the OP walked away from that. I'm damn sure the car behind was quite surprised when they hit 1000 stationary pounds of F6B and rider too.

jlyon
07-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Once again, thanks for all the well wishes... I am sore, but I survived and I will ride again...

Update: The insurance adjuster will go look at the bike on Thursday...

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Jlyon you're a lucky man! Years ago I lived in Long Beach Calif and one night I was hanging out on 2nd street talking to a fellow motorcyclist who had a modified side car rig. The hack was modified so he could attach his wheelchair and the bike was equipped with hand controls so he could ride without use of his legs. A few years earlier he was aboard a "normal" motorcycle and was hit from behind breaking his back severing his spinal cord. That often happens when motorcycles get rear ended. He rallied back I must say. His name - Jim Knaub. He was, and continued to be, an accomplished athlete and went on to become one of the first primere wheelchair racers winning winning five Boston Marathons. Amazing.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Knaub

MarcPW
07-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Sorry for sending you my best wishes for a speedy recovery a little late, put it down to the time difference as I am ahead of the US (time wise)
Cheers mate, get well soon !

naga viper
07-02-2014, 03:55 AM
Glad you're ok for the most part.

F6Berto
07-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Hi neighbour. I am very sorry what happened to you. Hope you are doing better. These tragic accidents are a reminder to us that we are always at risk. I will definitely leave more room in front of me when at a stop and look in my rear view mirrors ALWAYS! Take care of yourself and ride safe...soon!

SmallPasture
07-03-2014, 03:43 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7f8_1404191860

Sorry, don't know how to get the video to post but this is exactly what happened to Jlyon. Apologize if someone has already posted it!

F6Berto
07-03-2014, 09:28 PM
First time seeing that video. Did you see the pedestrians in the intersection, they just kept on walking after seeing the accident. Wow!

F6Berto
07-03-2014, 09:33 PM
You can see the car approaching quickly in the rear view mirrors.

jlyon
07-03-2014, 09:36 PM
SmallPasture,

Dude !!! That is EXACTLY what happened !!!! OMG... My eyes were open the whole time, so this is exactly what I saw !!! Too damn funny !!!

In other news... met with the insurance adjuster and looked over the bike at the tow yard this morning... it was totaled... Received my check this afternoon... I know sometimes people put Progressive insurance down, but they were right on the spot, and did the right thing by me...

Now... do I wait to see if the 2015 has cruise control as a possible add-on, or get a deeply discounted red 2013 ('cause there are a lot more of the slower black ones available) :)

Joe

smokinjoe187
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM
SmallPasture,

Dude !!! That is EXACTLY what happened !!!! OMG... My eyes were open the whole time, so this is exactly what I saw !!! Too damn funny !!!

In other news... met with the insurance adjuster and looked over the bike at the tow yard this morning... it was totaled... Received my check this afternoon... I know sometimes people put Progressive insurance down, but they were right on the spot, and did the right thing by me...

Now... do I wait to see if the 2015 has cruise control as a possible add-on, or get a deeply discounted red 2013 ('cause there are a lot more of the slower black ones available) :)

Joe

joe...the mc cruise is avalible now and who better to install it than a dealer...

badpapi
07-04-2014, 02:49 PM
SmallPasture,

Joe
im glad the you so far are ok and also glad the progresive did the right thing for you .
i have use progressive for 8 years now and thanks god i havent need them yet and i hoppe the i never have to . that insurance payment money is the only money i pay and hoppe i never have to get something on return for it .

Steve 0080
07-05-2014, 07:47 PM
+1......yea they can keep the money!!!

Elin in So. Cal.
07-05-2014, 08:36 PM
I have had to come back to this thread before being able to reply. What everyone said goes for me, too. Seeing the (faster) red one in this condition torqued my day down, and yet I am so glad you are OK and were not the initial impact of that drunk SOB.

Let's all continue to ride safely and hope the road sheep (great term) will stay out of our way, both before and behind us.

small change
07-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Glad that you made it thru the accident. Where did you find that seat and back rest for your f6b.

jlyon
07-06-2014, 10:16 PM
That seat is a RDL seat... (Russell Day-Long)

Glad that you made it thru the accident. Where did you find that seat and back rest for your f6b.

grendl
07-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Just seeing this post, but adding my best wishes that you will be physically fine and get properly compensated for the accident. Gives me nightmares thinking of this scenario and some idiot driver rear ending a biker. To add I have had a near experience but I had stopped to the side of the lane,saw the pickup coming in too fast so I jetted out between the cars in front of me. That butt- head hit the car I was behind. Cant imagine how that would have turned out if I hadn't seen him as I didn't have an F6B I was on a 650 Kawasaki. He just got out of the truck and said something like "sorry bud".I was way too pissed to respond and I figured the police would be there before I stopped beating on him ,so just drove away,letting the car driver he hit deal with it..
So far it looks like you gracefully survived a horrible thing. Good Luck..

jlyon
07-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Alright folks...

Just sealed a deal on a brand new F6B (Red of course - the faster color !!!)

I'll get it in two weeks !!!! :)

Joe

Ericb445
07-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Congrats. I'm glad your healed up and ready get back into the saddle.

SmallPasture
07-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Alright folks...

Just sealed a deal on a brand new F6B (Red of course - the faster color !!!)

I'll get it in two weeks !!!! :)

Joe

:banana::woohoo::beer3::congrats::wav:'partysmile'