PDA

View Full Version : Bad things about the F6B...

FlatSixBagger
06-30-2014, 03:03 PM
1400 mile road trip
1. No cruise control real pain in my wrist, though about selling the motorcycle or trading it in.
2. Seat only because the seat does not breath, swamp asr sucks!
3. Kickstand behind the riders peg, limits range of motion also shut off motorcycle when down so I would not recommend resting your heal on it.
4. Stock windshield as we all know it all about looks and has zero function.
5. Speedlimiter not only limits your speed but reduces it at 125 MPH
6. Suspension at 115-125 in the twisty's flexs making the motorcycle unstable to ride at those speeds, now some will say well you should not be doing the speeds anyway, yes you are correct but your motorcycle suspension should be able to handle what ever speed your motorcycle is capable of, end of story.
7. Shifting pattern around town, this is definatley not a commuter motorcycle for the city or suburb, it is still a highway motorcycle, its lenght is just another point to that matter.

What I did like...
1. Exceleration was excellent in overdrive at any speed.
2. Storage fit everthing I need for 5 days, and everthing else in a seat bag.
3. Using the IPod was simple and kept it charge
4. Ride was smooth and comfortable minus the above seat issue.
5. Was able to shield my self from road spray and light rain.
6. Gas mileage was good save $$ by taking the motorcycle instead of a car.
7. The compliments on the motorcycle gave a sence pride in ownership.
8. How quite the ride is.
9. The motorcycle is easy to clean.

jkelley
06-30-2014, 03:35 PM
All can be fixed if you want to easily enough.

Never seen a perfect bike I would not change something on given time or want.

Fla_rider
06-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Pains in the wrist? I have training in Ergonomics (big deal). This is occurring from wrist not being at zero degrees with stress for extended periods. So I am assuming your wrist was in the downward position while you were cranking the beast to 125 mph. Wrist position on our bikes is the same as in the office in the neutral position, which is flat where there is less strain. After adjusting the throttle to the desired position the wrist and palm should be adjusted to this neutral position. A Cramp Buster will allow you to rest your fingers from the death grip on the throttle and relax the hand.

Just food for thought. Ok, that's my two cents! Flame away.:moon:

XKnight
06-30-2014, 07:12 PM
You can easily get a cruise control/throttle lock, new seat and a taller windshield. I know I'll never be riding at 115 - 125 MPH through the twisties so those complaints don't mean anything to me. Haven't had any issues with the location of the kickstand or the shifting either. The positives far out way the negatives you mentioned, especially since the negatives are easily corrected. That being said, if you don't like the bike then definitely get something that suits you better.

SCMike
06-30-2014, 07:54 PM
That's why I have an Ultimate King seat, a KW windshield and a crampbuster. I don't care how poorly it handles above 100 mph. That's a purely academic matter to me.

darcym
06-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a little bit of unrealistic expectations. Like you want the bike to handle like a sport bike, but be as comfortable as a road couch. The reason sport bikes do so well at maximum speeds in the twisties is because they are short, light, and put all of the rider's weight as compactly in the center of the bike as humanly possible. That makes for a bike that would put most human sized people in traction if they rode like that for more than 500 miles, much less 1400.

As mentioned, many of the comfort issues can be overcome with the aftermarket. I've had cramp busters on multiple bikes, and they can't beat cruise control but they are very nice for long rides.

As to the handling, I know a guy - I followed him for many miles on my much smaller bike - who absolutely rails it on a full size gold wing - with un modified suspension. Another also with stock suspension was super smooth and fast. I never believed a bike that big could handle so well, until I saw it in person.

Pretty much any length of time at 125 mph should be done on the track, not on public streets, or you're asking to get dead or kill someone else, my opinion.

Steve 0080
07-01-2014, 12:19 AM
9 for and 7 against....almost thought you were going to sell the gurl..........

Cool Hand Luke
07-01-2014, 05:57 AM
Darcym said it perfect. I agree it sucks to spend more money to make things right for you but that's the way it is for any motorcycle out there. I made mine fit me by doing the following:

I immediately put different windshield on (I use adjustable Baggershield dark tinted and for me it is great, I love the looks).

I put a different seat (I use Mustang but there are many other fine choices).

I put Throttlemeister cruise lock (I like it a lot, easy to use and I think it improves the looks of the handlebar from stock)

For suspension is fine, it feels much better than my previous 2007 GW or Road King. Only a few times in my life I tried going over 120mph just to see wthat that's like. It was in the straight, empty road and I rode BMW K1200LT then. Didn't really do much for me except scare me as I was thinking 'What if a dog happens to walk in front of me?' I only did it for a few seconds. I remember the trees seem to go by super fast. No time to react if anything happen up ahead. Also, my front tire on GW used to do cupping very bad and handlebar would shake at low speeds. F6B does not do that and I have about 16,000 miles on front tire so far and it still has life left!

I have no trouble keeping with most anybody in the twisties on the F6B. In the real world and not on the track one must account for many things such as gravel you can't see in the curve until you are right on it. There was a guy at Deals Gap on Yellow GW that would follow any bike thru the twisties and make a video of them, here is the youtube link of him riding:

http://youtu.be/VxHNnOHuikI

So, GW and therefore F6B are perfectly capable bikes especially for their size. But, you could change suspension too however the cost for that is not worth it IMHO. I also read about adding a front fork brace, I haven't yet myself, the reviews say it makes handling up front better and less flex.

I also added Rivco Aeropegs. I like them a lot, they work fine for me at 6' tall. I think they look great (mine are black) and I was asked many of times by GW owners to show them how they work.

So far have not even noticed kickstand location while riding but thanks for the tip, I will try not to hit it while riding. Also, not sure why shifting pattern is bad around town, it is the same as any other bike. I agree first gear seems too low, I start at lights in second gear very often and no problems as the bike has plenty of torque.

So, don't sweat the small stuff, improve the things you must and just enjoy riding one of the best bikes bever made!

FlatSixBagger
07-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Do not get me wrong I rarely go over 100, but wanted to test capabilities, I am actually very happy with the motorcycle except for lack of cruise, I new Roadglide for 2015 has been release, I will look at but doubt it will be as good as the F6B but will need a solution to cruise I ride 15,000-30,000 and lack of cruise which I thought I could do without may have been in error.

Darren
07-03-2014, 11:49 AM
I found a few things I didn't like about the bike.
1)Screen
2)Having to use the key to unlock the luggage and the fact that my FF helmet would not fit no matter how I twisted it.

My wife didn't like the pillion back rest far too low.

I solved these issues by ordering a new screen KW is on way and I removed the backrest and added a Shad 48lt topbox, with optional backrest, which resolved the other issues.

Those will likely be my only mods.

Scotrod
07-03-2014, 12:29 PM
new Roadglide for 2015 has been release, .

Spy shots:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/harley-davidson/scoop-2015-harley-davidson-road-glide-spied.html/attachment/070214-2015-harley-davidson-road-glide-spy-harley-rdglide09-kgp-ed-3355201429-o

XKnight
07-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Do not get me wrong I rarely go over 100, but wanted to test capabilities, I am actually very happy with the motorcycle except for lack of cruise, I new Roadglide for 2015 has been release, I will look at but doubt it will be as good as the F6B but will need a solution to cruise I ride 15,000-30,000 and lack of cruise which I thought I could do without may have been in error.

You do realize there are electronic cruise control options now available if that's what you want. Even spending a $1000+ on electronic cruise would be a lot cheaper than selling the bike and getting a new one. And as nice as the Road Glide is it still won't have the power, reliability, wind protection or smoothness and handling of the F6.

Darkknight
07-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Yep, I've felt that flex.
It would happen to me riding 2 up with luggage on LONG Sweeping Turns. leaned over and some bumps in the road would create a right rear to left front "bounce". The same thing would happen riding 1 up at + 100 MPH along a leaned over sweeper.
On this forum it was suggested, and I did go up a few turns on the suspension and I haven't felt it since. But I haven't ridden alone at 125 since either.
I did do that same fully loaded 2 up sweeper that "bounced" last time and it seemed to handle well after the adjustment.

austin_tech
07-03-2014, 01:44 PM
7. Shifting pattern around town, this is definatley not a commuter motorcycle for the city or suburb, it is still a highway motorcycle, its lenght is just another point to that matter.

Interesting. I find the F6B to be the perfect commuter motorcycle (for me). I ride to downtown from the 'burbs 26 miles each way every day. She handles like a pregnant sportbike in the twisties, easy to maneuver in traffic, and the best part -- has enough storage to hold my laptop, lunch, and gym bag, so I don't have to carry an overstuffed backpack (like I used to on my previous 'commuter' bike). I can handle/maneuver her pretty deftly in parking lots or in slow-speed situations, she's balanced really well.

Not sure what you're talking to on the shifting pattern. I do wish she had a taller 5th or a 6th gear for economy. Other than that, pretty smooth shifting, plenty of torque in any gear -- unlike what you'll find in that Road Glide.

One more thing -- why is this thread under Rides, Trips, and Gatherings? :shrug:

Cool Hand Luke
07-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Spy shots:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/harley-davidson/scoop-2015-harley-davidson-road-glide-spied.html/attachment/070214-2015-harley-davidson-road-glide-spy-harley-rdglide09-kgp-ed-3355201429-o

I am waiting to see new Roadglide in person, too. The spy pictures don't appeal to me as the fairing seems angled forward and downwards somehow, it just looks wrong somehow to me:

Also the fairing seems to be very far from the rider, which means less wind protection and more turbulence. But we'll see.

jkelley
07-03-2014, 02:18 PM

SO add cruise! either Rostra like several of us have done, or --------. They are out there, and available. I was in the same boat. now that I have it I am pretty happy with it. I did love my Road Glide but that coupled with the "Harley tax" for a pipe, tuner, etc to get it dialed in to run half way decent and you are in the same boat. I did like the comfort of my Glide over this bike for me forward controls are simply better, but the F6B is hard to beat in all other aspects. I will never again have another bike I ride other than locally without cruise control, or at least make sure it is available to be installed.

opas ride
07-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Realizing that we all ride for what suits us best, I still suggest that if one want's cruise control and other gadgets, why not just buy a GW and be done with it???...JMHO

jkelley
07-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Realizing that we all ride for what suits us best, I still suggest that if one want's cruise control and other gadgets, why not just buy a GW and be done with it???...JMHO

Well stated, but some of us simply don't like the Goldwing. they are more cramped than the 6, and personally while useful on a trip I hate the looks of the back box / tour pack on any bike. All my Harleys had detachable tour packs.

hiflyer
07-04-2014, 09:44 AM
I am waiting to see new Roadglide in person, too. The spy pictures don't appeal to me as the fairing seems angled forward and downwards somehow, it just looks wrong somehow to me:

Also the fairing seems to be very far from the rider, which means less wind protection and more turbulence. But we'll see.

So much for HD moving into the 21st century with a totally water cooled modern engine. This is just cosmetic with a fairing change and the new styled saddlebags. What a disappointment.

Steve 0080
07-04-2014, 10:01 AM
The Road Glide is THE BEST TOURING bike H.D. makes! Bar none....the fairing is very nice and blocks most of the air!!! You just need long arms to reach the radio!!

motozeke
07-04-2014, 12:04 PM
With a few additions (throttlemeister, Madstad screen, MP3 luggage rack, heated gear cabling, USB port, GPS/phone mount, fork brace, belly pan) I have the tourer I always dreamed of. All day comfortable, easy to manage at low speeds, easy to get on and off the stand, plenty of power, quiet on the road, great weather protection, confident handling... my wish list for this bike is very very short (cruise, ABS, bluetooth, higher quality suspension, remote side case release), way too short for me to remotely consider another bike. This is it for me, I am riding this beast until it falls apart or until they come out with a new F6B that has the extra stuff I really want. The F6B is an awesome, amazing bike. ****ing killer machine.

Frankly I don't like going faster than 100 anyway. Things can go tits up in a hurry at that speed. This is what happened to a Concours I was riding with when it got a speed wobble at 100 mph:

Homey never knew what hit him. Thank god for him he landed 150 feet away into the sand on Panamint Valley Road and only got a broken ankle; if he'd hit the pavement who knows how bad he might have been hurt. No thanks!

Steve 0080
07-04-2014, 12:26 PM
High speed wobbles can be exciting!!!

hiflyer
07-04-2014, 05:50 PM
The Road Glide is THE BEST TOURING bike H.D. makes! Bar none....the fairing is very nice and blocks most of the air!!! You just need long arms to reach the radio!!

You said it all, it is the best HD makes, I've had a couple, but I ride the F6 by choice now, because it's better. Let me rephrase that, I will ride the F6B again, when this shoulder thing heals. :icon_frown:

shooter
07-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Yeah the windshield sucks. You can turn the suspension up. Read your owners manual or google it. They come on the lowest setting. The bags need to lock. Its called security. Disable one side if it makes you feel better. Pull the seat and the top cap and pull the cable out of its holder. Latch still works the same. Most of the stuff you brought up isn't Honda's fault. It's personal preference or just bad ideas. But yeah the windshield sucks. Cee Bailey's 11 inch.

Retired Army
07-06-2014, 11:11 AM
The perfect motorcycle will materialize the day the rider can either afford to build it or have the money to have the manufacture build one to personal specifications. Until that day modify and enjoy what is available. Many years of enjoyable riding.

'riding'

watertowerman
07-09-2014, 07:41 AM
As an ex HD- FLHX, FLTR rider good luck at 115-125 in the hard twisty,s on the new HD Roadglide. 'riding' :039:

FlatSixBagger
07-09-2014, 10:08 AM
As an ex HD- FLHX, FLTR rider good luck at 115-125 in the hard twisty,s on the new HD Roadglide. 'riding' :039: actually I have in with mine, same issues though bike was by no means stock, actual was clocked at 135 on the highway. Suspenson was far worse, lots of floor board and crash bar scraping. I'm not getting ride of my f6b just inproving it just like I did with the Roadglide. So far I added gps w/ ram mount and golwing pwr outlet,mustang seat, cee bailey 11". Just need to figure out throttle lock, suspension is good enough for how I normally ride, maybe a limited removal if I ever upgrade the suspension and tires would not recommend going faster than I did without those upgrades.

SmallPasture
07-09-2014, 10:14 AM

Homey never knew what hit him. Thank god for him he landed 150 feet away into the sand on Panamint Valley Road and only got a broken ankle; if he'd hit the pavement who knows how bad he might have been hurt. No thanks!

Only an ankle! Wow!:yikes:

grendl
07-27-2014, 01:02 PM
I had my black standard for only a few months. My Hurricane(a '93 in really good condition) sits beside her-or him I haven't decided yet:-).Between the two I have everything I need. The F6B is frickin' perfect for what I love it for.
Went from Denver to Madison Wis for the wing ding as the maiden voyage. No cruise and I didn't miss it. Don't think I want to ride without instant control of my speed and it didn't bother my 64 year old wrist at all. I do have the palm thingy on it.The stock seat with a backrest was good but started being a pain around 600 miles - Mustang looks good and most seem to like it. Saw one on Choptop's bike,yeah, that's coming....looking good Sir.....
Bike was fast when I wanted it to be,I hit 115 without really knowing it's going that fast,no problem .I am learning parking lot with it but no complaints. Handled exceptionally at speed,I have a beer story I can tell you as far as high speed maneuverability but not here for brevity's sake.
All in all My wish list on performance is short. A belly pan will be necessary as I got caught in the wind on some high overpasses at speed-that was really unsettling.Lights for night riding,Mustang seat.
My suspension is just over halfway which was good with the load on the road ,great in Colorado twisties,on which you will NOT do 115 -125 on (not sure how you define 'twisties' )
Long/short,this bike is perfect to me. I like the wind and rode about 200 miles in the rain only thing I'm thinking about is making that short windshield black. (we'll see how I feel about the height when it gets cold:-)
The other things I would add are cosmetic,lower cowl lights, maybe doctor up the rear brake and signals,I saw the 'black chrome' sides at the show and kinda liked that,blackout turn signals,and if I could find them and be sure they are reliable "angel eyes" for the main head lights.
Aside from that it's perfect. I have to agree with the guys if you really don't like it sell it to me cheap :-) The only thing better than having one - is having two !!
Harley !?!? kidding right ? to each his/her own my friend......

VP8
07-27-2014, 05:31 PM
There are a few cruise control options for the F6B. Since I just purchased my F6 yesterday, I'm researching accessories right now and know I will need some form of throttle lock for the long hauls. For now, I'm using the "Go Cruise," which is sold on eBay or their main website for $20. I used this on my FJR...you would need to purchase the sport version as the grips are thinner than a cruiser grip.

The other option is a Throttlemister, which I have not experienced.

And the other is Kaoko...I used their throttle lock for my FJR, and really like it. It matched the opposite grip end so I only had to purchase the throttle lock...not another end piece to match the throttle lock. Also, the Kaoko has groves on the end so you can easily apply the lock to the throttle. While activated, you can still easily adjust your throttle up or down on the fly. These run about $100-150.

ruouthere
09-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Seat? Put on a back rest and handle bar risers, seat problem solved for me.

Windshield? Mounted a Firecreek Windbender, problem solved for me and the SO.

Flexing in twisties? Front fork brace, same problem on my Gold Wing, problem solved for me. PS, I added full Traxxion on my Wing, bike still flexed in the twisties, once I added the fork brace the flexing completely went away.

hoglaw
09-03-2014, 06:59 PM

I disagree, but that's just me. I've had nothing but Harleys for the last 25 years, the Road Glide being the last. I hated it. I didn't find it as comfortable or agile as an Ultra Classic or Street Glide. I had 3 different radios (warranty) and the last one wasn't working when I traded. Tried a couple of windshields, but the wind turbulence was bothersome because the fairing is so far out front. Several other minor problems.

Actually, I should appreciate that Road Glide more. Because it was such a piece of chit I bought an F6B and I'm very pleased with this new bike.

In 4 years of ownership I rode the Road Glide just over 10,000 miles. In 2 months of F6B I'm already up to 4,000. And, best of all, my wife is extremely happy with the smoothness of the F6B vs the vibrations of the Harley.

XKnight
09-03-2014, 07:12 PM

I actually preferred my Road King to the Road Glide. I spent a week on a rented Road Glide and in stock form I found the fairing useless. I got beat up on the highway. A taller windshield would seem almost required for long distance riding, just like on the F6B. Also, the wind still comes under the RG fairing since it's not a full fairing like the F6B. Between the two bikes, the F6B has it beat in handling, power, braking and wind protection. Harley wins in the paint and nice shiny chrome department though. Pretty much can be said for any Harley versus Honda debate.

RcBtx1999
09-03-2014, 07:19 PM
However, in my opinion the good outweighs the bad far over, in excess of the bad I've experienced with my other M/C of choice in the past 4 decades. I corrected many of those issues you ennumerated.
1. Got a Klockwerks windshield right off, I knew that squatty cute one was not going to work
2. Got Ergo Kuryakyn Highway pegs so I can stretch on the road and don't worry about pushing down the side-stand.
3. Got Kury mini floorboards for the same reason.
4. Got a Mustang seat that supports my back with 8" of deep saddle and gives me more ERGO positioning for those twisties.
5. Don't know if you've ever been down at anything past 50 mph, but I have, and lots of human bones break in the process. 125mph-NO!
6. Today did my 4K oil and filter change to Rotella T-6 syn and Bosch 3323 Filters (long filter fit fine), shifting is simple and quiet.
7. Ride mine in San Antonio and commute from my home 20 miles each way, bike is nimble and responsive. Good in traffic.
8. Stainless belly pan and now a Superbrace, make this baby cruise like Elvis's old fat Caddy!

I wish you happy and safe riding. An Advanced rider course can cure some of those things you mention, not to say you are not experienced. I've been riding over 45 years and still take an advanced course when the opportunity presents itself because some old dogs like me need to learn some new tricks. The cool thing for me is that even with all the mods I have made, I am still way ahead of where I always was when I purchased on of those V-Twins out of Milwaukee. Rubber Side Down Brother!

53driver
09-03-2014, 08:02 PM
The "interesting bits:"
1. Get out of 1st gear as soon as possible.
2. Where's 6th? (Yes, I know....just like my '81 GL1100 Std)
3. How do I make the Tuner Lever roll through my Preset stations?
4. Why can I not pull the key out of the the trunk lock and leave the bags unlocked?
5. How much $$$ does 'Steve0080' have invested in "accessories?

The rest....
1. OH. MY. GOODNESS. The spirited acceleration, the looks, the agility, the nimbleness, the stares from co-workers, the "fire-up-right-now-let's-giddyup" from fuel injection, the responsive braking. Daayyum.
2. (Not required.)

This bike is amazing.
This forum is invaluable.
Thanks to all.
Cheers,
Steve

ED209
09-04-2014, 05:50 AM
Twisties NO, long eventual curves YES, I have had mine pegged running against a RoadKing. Smoked him so bad that I had to slow down and wait for him again and again, then smoke him again and again at well over 110 consistanly. The F6B pegged out a few times on the straighter runs and I did feel minor wiggles going over bridges and stuff but that's it. NO CONTEST ! period against the F6B. We ran about 10 miles. His Harley might hit 135, but it would take the Utah salt flats type of room to get it there. It aint happening in the 1/4 mile or even a mile, there is too much resistance on a bagger with a windshield. We are both over 200lbs fellows too, I actualy run 230ish and he runs 200 even.

Now the kickstand, yes I did that, layed my foot heel on it. Wrist pain, I aim for centering the wrist like another said on this post. My lower back catches hell after a long day working then riding home, but I am getting a backrest soon I hope.

As far as the 125mph speed limiting factor, just give it time, somebody will break into the system and be able to bypass it.

If Harleys were so fantastic, that's what I would be riding. I ride alone, purchase alone and pay for it myself.

Cheesyryder
09-04-2014, 09:05 AM
The only thing that annoys me is the paint.
Don't want cruise control
Coming from a bike with no windshield, the stock shield feels great to me!!
This winter will be doing the belly pan, superbrace (tho' coming from the cruiser world this bike handles like a dream) and the Aero Pegs (looks and function)

Injun Joe
09-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Paint is the only truly bad thing I've run across thus far. (1500 miles)

Annoyances are even few and far between:

The saddlebag lock situation.

The archaic audio interface, but since I've never had nor wanted audio on a bike, that's really a reach.

Having to add little things like 12 volt accessory sockets and belly pans though I guess that's a page straight out of Harley's way of nickle and diming you with addons while try to keep the price down. (Not so successfully with Harley in the latter instance.)

I'm still a little put off by everything being behind a plastic panel of some sort but as I get more comfortable and trusting in removing and replacing them, that will be fine.

hgslayr
04-19-2015, 10:20 PM
I am so looking forward to having a electronic cruise control on my future 2015 but have found this device to be a godsend on my Rune...And the owner Billy Ho is a great customer service guy as he has traded my original locks for the newest updated ones since he began a few years ago...

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_throttle%20control2.html

valkmc
04-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Came off a 12 Wing so here is my list:

Things I miss or don't like
Paint miss the clear coat
No Vent in windshield- I know I can fix this but I am not psyched about the way the tall windshield with the vent looks on the 6..
No Cruise- don't miss it yet but the next time I ride to Vegas or some where far I will miss it
center stand which I will fix this summer

Things I don't miss
Reverse-hardly ever used it except for a parking brake which it worked great for
Heated seat and grips-I live in Florida
Flap that focused hot air on my feet-somehow It would get opened and send the heat to my feet on 90 degree days
The trunk-same as cruise I'm sure there will come a time when I would like to have it but not on a regular basis

I love the engine and 5-speed, I am one of the guys who does not want them to change the set up. I like the way it handles fits my riding style and I love the way it looks.

Limoles
04-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Since is no perfect motorcycle for all desires , having few for different purposes can solve the problem . For that reason , one day I'll buy loaded BMW GS1200 Adventure again . It's the most versatile bike on the market today . Even though , it still can be improved with aftermarket goodies .

fxdl2051
04-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Tested a Road Glide few years back. The bars were awkward and uncomfortable and I just didn't like the disconnect from the road I felt with the fairing, or the wind noise from the bobbed ws. Preferred my SG at the time. Funny thing, I never felt cut off from the road with the f6 fairing.

seadog
04-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Running the twisty at 125 mph, you don't need a motorcycle you would need mental help, that's a suicide mission if I ever saw one. I bought the F6B for touring and evidently you bought it for something else. I did enough suicidal stuff on that M109R Suzuki Boulevard but it was more suited to your style of riding then mine. So I would re-evaluate whether you should go to a crotch rocket instead of an F6B! Just my humble opinion.

C'Ville
04-24-2015, 11:43 AM
I have added the Ultimate seat with driver and passenger back rest, -------- (The best thing ever), Kuryakyn Trident Dually highway pegs. and ordered today Riderscan mirror, I am visiting my son in the UK this week and next and should have the mirror here before I pack my bags for the trip home (it ships from the UK so I thought I might as well get one while I'm here)

F6B1911
04-24-2015, 04:00 PM
paint

nothing else.

Dirtstiff's F6B
04-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Pretty dam good over all ticket for a 900 pound sofa.. in perspective..

sub vet
04-25-2015, 03:32 AM
1) Shift peg position - move it fwd & up!

Although easily fixed with kury mini boards mounted with a 10 degree down angle, not being able to wear my $200 H-D boots was an issue! Other than that, this is by far the best bike I have ever ridden! I still cannot believe how nice this thing is right outta the box! I've spent a fortune, .... maybe even a metric fortune, doing improvements & just replacing parts on the '89 softail that I've still got. And yes, ... it is 1) in a shop, 2) not running, 3) gonna cost a thousand plus to fix,.... BUT, 25 + yrs of this is what got me to think about doing something different & maybe even right! Looked at goldwings for years, almost bought one, but they just seemed like "too-much-bike" . The F6B, - PERFECT!,.... or something close to perfection. Looks good, feels good, performs better than good! :icon_cool:

Jimmytee
04-25-2015, 03:52 AM
It calls to me. It demands my attention. It whispers in my ear
Fondle my throttle,pull in the clutch and shift into gear
It begs to be ridden, to to be part of my life,
to be my obsession, replacing my wife
It wants all my money, it asks nothing less
than to be rode like it's stolen, avoiding arrest.

Jim :icon_lol:

Just a little impromptu poem

53driver
04-25-2015, 07:38 AM
Nice Jimmy...very imprompt!

bobbyf6b
04-25-2015, 08:04 AM

I totally agree. I thought about riding my Sporty to work yesterday. I thought, screw that, I'm not gonna miss out on riding the F6B for a day. Why do I keep the Sporty? IDK. Looks nice sitting in the garage. :icon_lol:

53driver
04-25-2015, 08:46 AM
I totally agree. I thought about riding my Sporty to work yesterday. I thought, screw that, I'm not gonna miss out on riding the F6B for a day. Why do I keep the Sporty? IDK. Looks nice sitting in the garage. :icon_lol:

My '95 Heritage doesn't get the "play time" she used to get either....

GaTeach
05-17-2016, 09:18 AM

Evidently your B and Patti have figured out to peacefully co-exist.

stepbill
05-17-2016, 09:58 AM

At first I thought the poem was about Pattie :icon_wink: !

seadog
05-17-2016, 11:08 AM
What part of that didn't you understand when you bought it?:banghead: Nobody said, Race Bike or Sports Bike!

53driver
05-17-2016, 01:14 PM
What part of that didn't you understand when you bought it?:banghead: Nobody said, Race Bike or Sports Bike!

Actually Cycle World made up a new classification for the F6B: "Heavy Cruiser"
I think that's really cool.....

shooter
05-17-2016, 02:30 PM
I don't know about you guys but the B exceeded my expectations in handling and in the amount of power and acceleration it possesses.

53driver
05-17-2016, 03:20 PM
I don't know about you guys but the B exceeded my expectations in handling and in the amount of power and acceleration it possesses.

Oh fer sure, fer sure! I get all wound up just walking to the bike!

Jimmytee
05-17-2016, 04:48 PM

Patti calls my two bikes in my garage my mistresses.:icon_wink:

BTW, one is named Patti and the other Patricia. :icon_lol:

GaTeach
05-17-2016, 04:52 PM
Patti calls my two bikes in my garage my mistresses.:icon_wink:

BTW, one is named Patti and the other Patricia. :icon_lol:

I'm planning on being in that area between June 20-25. I'd love to ride with y'all.

And SG will have helibars. :)

Thank you for all the posts you do here. They are always very coherent and readable for a layman like me. I'm a better rider and SG a better bike. :) thanks

Jimmytee
05-17-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm planning on being in that area between June 20-25. I'd love to ride with y'all.

And SG will have helibars. :)

Thank you for all the posts you do here. They are always very coherent and readable for a layman like me. I'm a better rider and SG a better bike. :) thanks

Keep me posted. I will be up in WV the week before. I'm going to INZANE XVI. This year it is in Morgantown ,WV. I should be home that week though.

shortleg0521
05-18-2016, 06:51 AM

I have installed cruse control on mine, and I love it.
With just this addition it makes this the best bike I have 'owned
for long rides. The only thing better would be a full wing. I have had many Harleys
and don,t feel they are as good for over the road.
shortleg

red dog
06-08-2016, 10:25 PM
your friends who ride American v twins will not be able too keep up with you..........ha ha ha ......no way .....the f6b is one bad ass bagger,any one who claims other wise f.o.s .......

Cheesyryder
08-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Almost went to a Victory, then I test rode the new american V twin

GaTeach
08-04-2016, 07:09 PM
This whole thread is blasphemy and needs to be burned at the stake.

shooter
08-04-2016, 07:34 PM
I'll give you a match Teach.

taxfree4
08-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Almost went to a Victory, then I test rode the new american V twin

There is no such thing as the "new American V-Twin" as that technology has been around since 1889. It's like saying the "new Model T", yes they're sticking it on a new frame, putting a lot of bows and whistles on it but it's an engine that's been around before WWI.

GaTeach
08-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Who has the marshmallows?

taxfree4
08-04-2016, 08:12 PM
It's like we used to say you can put a silk hat on a pig, or a HOG, it's still a pig, or a HOG.

Audiochris90
08-04-2016, 08:15 PM
First, I understand all your concerns. But on the otherhand, Ive never had a bike I didn't need or want to upgrade. My 2016 is my dream bike and I love it. just got the ultimate king seat. As Shooter said, this is the finest motorcycle seat available. My goal is to save up for the Traxxion suspension upgrade. But its pretty good as is. 9 different aftermarket windshields for this bike. And don't forget she is over 800 lbs without a driver. I think it handles well for such a big bike. Extremely reliable too. So enjoy the strengths and fix the issues and ride nirvana. The F6B!

seadog
08-04-2016, 09:00 PM
I find everything he had for things he didn't like to be a none entity on my 2015 Deluxe, the things I did not like I changed, just making the bike yours is part of owning a new machine. Your looking for a custom fit in an off the rack world and expecting it to meet your every expectation. Well just sell it and order what you want from the get go! I had chrome pipes installed and a baggershield on it before I drove it off the dealers lot. Shortly after that was the Russell Day-long custom seat and the chrome frame covers, and the value accessories chrome kick stand. I expected to have to change things to make the bike mine. There is not such thing as one fits all in the motorcycle world and you shouldn't expect it to be that way. I have alter every motorcycle I have purchased over the years.

taxfree4
08-05-2016, 01:21 AM
Actually Cycle World made up a new classification for the F6B: "Heavy Cruiser"
I think that's really cool.....

Now that's a ​"Heavy Cruiser"

willtill
08-05-2016, 05:49 AM
Who has the marshmallows?

Now that there is a far :icon_wink:

willtill
08-05-2016, 05:49 AM
It's like we used to say you can put a silk hat on a pig, or a HOG, it's still a pig, or a HOG.

We say that you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig :icon_lol: