PDA

View Full Version : Utopia adapter to Mustang Fastback

dickiedeals
07-01-2014, 10:17 AM
65426543654465456546 Ok Guys for those of you who may be interested I have completed the Prototype Adapter Bracket for Adapting The Utopia Driver Back Rest to the Mustang Fastback Tripper seat. I reshaped the backrest and had it Upholstered. The reshaping was to make it look like it belongs on the seat. The stock pad will fit with this adapter . I'm presently gathering Materials to make more adapter brackets to bring to Franklin. Of course I'll work up install instructions and dimension's. I personally think this makes the Mustang Way more comfortable. I'm not sure of the cost yet. But it should be below a $100 bucks. I'd like to know who might be interested? If know one that's ok too. I'll just enjoy mine ......................Dickie PS. It was raining outside so you get to enjoy my cluttered garage in the Photo's.

WingThing
07-01-2014, 11:16 AM
I love the idea but I bought the Show Chrome Backrest. Any chance an adapter for it will be forthcoming or might this new one you've made work for it too?

Hornblower
07-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Really nice job you did there, Dickie :clap2:. I especially like the re-shape.

dickiedeals
07-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I love the idea but I bought the Show Chrome Backrest. Any chance an adapter for it will be forthcoming or might this new one you've made work for it too?

Buy me the Show Chrome backrest, send it to me. I'll dissect it and do my best to make it work on the Mustang seat. I have no idea what the Show Chrome looks like....Dickie

Scotrod
07-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Really nice job you did there, Dickie :clap2:. I especially like the re-shape.

X2!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

dickiedeals
07-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Riding north into the Mountains camping until Tuesday or so .Leaving in the next Hour. May not have internet for those of you trying to contact me I'll reply when I return. Happy 4th of July..............Dickie:039:

Johnny-B
07-02-2014, 07:33 AM
I am definitely interested and will be in Franklin also, if you have an extra ready to go will pay for install also. let me know total as with 15 screws in spine would be nice to have on way home, Thanks!

Marine Gunfighter
07-02-2014, 09:58 AM
I am definately interested in purchasing one from you.

LSA376
07-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Add me to the list...

Slowpoke
07-08-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm waiting on delivery of a Mustang seat purchased at Americade.

I've just come back from a month on the road (5500 miles or so) on the stock seat.

Better seat, backrest, cruise, gps amd CB are all on my list.

Jayrock
02-03-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm interested... Did anything ever happen with this?

dickiedeals
02-04-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm interested... Did anything ever happen with this?

Hey Guys, I've gotten busier than a one arm paper Hanger. I made the one adapter bracket for myself and It works great with the Utopia on the Mustang. But when I explained to those interested that's its only the adapter bracket for the Utopia Back rest assembly. That you must first buy the Utopia, buy my bracket, then reshape the back rest, and have a new cover made, know one seemed interested interested. I've since redirected and gotten busy with other projects.

I may have the Tuck and Roll Mustang with the adapted Utopia backrest for sale in the future. I'm toying with the Idea of getting a custom fitted seat for my big fat A. Being a tall guy my knees cramp a bit after a 600 mile day with the mustang...........Dickie

powercruzer13
02-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Hey Guys, I've gotten busier than a one arm paper Hanger. I made the one adapter bracket for myself and It works great with the Utopia on the Mustang. But when I explained to those interested that's its only the adapter bracket for the Utopia Back rest assembly. That you must first buy the Utopia, buy my bracket, then reshape the back rest, and have a new cover made, know one seemed interested interested. I've since redirected and gotten busy with other projects.

I may have the Tuck and Roll Mustang with the adapted Utopia backrest for sale in the future. I'm toying with the Idea of getting a custom fitted seat for my big fat A. Being a tall guy my knees cramp a bit after a 600 mile day with the mustang...........Dickie

Definitely interested in a Utopia backrest for the Mustang seat I just installed on the wife's F6B.
What is involved?