PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS MINE NOW

darcym
07-01-2014, 08:01 PM
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/DarcyM7/Motorcycles/My%20Honda%20Goldwing%20F6B/20140701_171352_zps50996ba2.jpg (http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/DarcyM7/media/Motorcycles/My%20Honda%20Goldwing%20F6B/20140701_171352_zps50996ba2.jpg.html)

2013 Honda Goldwing F6B, custom orange paint, 3240 miles on the clock. Delivered with a full tank of gas! I've had my eye on these since they were first introduced. Previously i've had at different times a BMW R1150R and a BMW R1200RT. I liked the RT for touring, but it was pretty tall for me and at the time it was unmanageable in my garage (I've since remodeled my house and garage so that's no longer a problem). Always thought that I'd buy a used one someday, but didn't expect it to be this soon. But when a good deal comes along sometimes you have to jump. It's not a "deluxe" version, but still has some of the expensive goodies already on it, including the centerstand, fog lights, back rack, and aftermarket convertible windshield. I'll be looking into adding other goodies as I get to know the bike better.

It arrived today at around 4 pm from a dealership in Tuscon, AZ. I'm not out riding because I was sick as a dog last night, and stressing all day about this delivery. I was seriously worried about whether or not this bike would be CARB rated, even though the dealer assured me it was. When it first arrived I couldn't find the sticker. I about went into shock (if the bike isn't labeled as CARB or California emissions certified, you cannot register it in California unless it's a used bike with more than 7500 miles on the odometer). It took a search through the manual to find that the CAL sticker was in the right saddlebag. Whew!

This is why I remodeled the house - well, one of many reasons. With a big garage and a nice flat driveway, I can manage a big touring bike like this. I don't have any time or money to go touring just yet, but give it time. My house remodeling projects are nearing completion, so I will be taking the bike out soon.

Also, ever since I started riding motorcycles I've wanted a Goldwing. I've just thought that they were so cool. I'm hoping that I will feel better tomorrow and be able to take it for an inaugural spin. Then on to the DMV ...

In the background you can see my other three bikes. The yellow one is a Suzuki Burgman 400, the green is a Kawasaki Versys 650, and the white is a Suzuki Burgman 650 which I will be selling soon as it is sort of redundant now.

I've not figured out what to name him yet. Hoping it will come to me on that first ride. I've not yet ridden an F6B, but confident that it will be fine. My first few bikes were all Hondas.

Fla_rider
07-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Very Nice! Like the color.

XKnight
07-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Love the custom orange color. Congrats and welcome aboard.

RickW
07-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Very nice. I like it.
Welcome the the land of F6B.

Ray H
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Congratulations… Great choice.

Ray

bobbyf6b
07-01-2014, 11:44 PM
.welcome20. If you ride out on I-8 tomorrow afternoon I might see you. Gotta pick up a load in Sandy Eggo Thursday morning.

Paul B Blues
07-02-2014, 02:43 AM
Hey Congratulations, love the colour 'all/right'

Darren
07-02-2014, 04:35 AM
gratz good buy

austin_tech
07-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Very nice bike. The color is growing on me.

Even better: all that garage space you have. I'd kill for that! We have a "two car" garage in a recently-built house, can barely fit the wife's SUV and my F6 in it.

Scotrod
07-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Another "Honda of Russellville Signature Series" bike out on the highways!!! :yes: :yes:

You have a great color combo, and the 6 should be a heck of a change from the Bergs!!!

Welcome to the club!!! :039:

Steve 0080
07-02-2014, 11:09 AM
+ 1.....'welcome gang'

unsub
07-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Congrats on the new bike..welcome20.

The Burg 400 [excellent in it's own right] is a heavy scoot at 435lbs but after riding the F6 it'll feel like a mini trail.:icon_biggrin:

Stress
07-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Congrats on the new bike. Is it a HR Signature Series? Sure looks like one of theirs that has made it all the way to California. I should be picking mine up either this weekend or in a couple more weeks depending when they get it ready for me. Mine will be Matte Black.

Blotar
07-02-2014, 06:40 PM
It does look like an HR Signature Series. I have found the custom paint to be very resilient and beautiful! Congratulations and welcome to the group.
Blotar

Tunes
07-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, Alot of great people and great info here. Congrats on the 6 from NE OHIO

darcym
07-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Thanks all!

A short ride today, to the DMV ... still sorting out some registration issues, but have a temporary tag for the time being. Waiting on some paperwork from the dealer still. This could be the first and ONLY Honda of Russellville Signature Series in California. Registering an out-of-state vehicle in the bureaucracy of California is a pain in the arse.

A little disappointed that my full face helmet will not fit in the larger of the two side bags - the left. Also for some reason I cannot get the helmet lock pin to move. The key won't turn at all. So a givi trunk is probably in my future. I have them on all my bikes, and they just make stowing helmet and jacket at each stop so darn easy.

The color is more copper than orange, now that I've had a closer look at it. A nice metallic flake in it as well. The dash is painted too, but there is a small deep scratch next to the display panel. I will need to get a color code somehow to get some touch up paint for it. There is also a fender extender on the front too, which I hadn't noticed before. What were folks overall impressions with this item? I'm not really sure what good it's for. It's painted to match but after today's ride I noticed that there is a line of worn off paint in the middle of the extender. Not sure if that was there before or not. I may just remove it, I think I remember folks saying that their's had broken after a time.

I haven't dialed in the suspension, but I'm going to review the manual and see what kind of adjustments can be made, if any. I was pleasantly able to get both feet solidly down (not flat footed, but good enough - better than the tippy toes on the BMW). I was a little unsteady with the weight at first, but got used to it as I found the proper friction zone. Yes, it's a mite heavier than the Burgman 400. :icon_razz: Mostly slow and city riding today. If I've time tomorrow I'll take it up coast for some photo ops. I was able to get it up on the center stand with proper technique, so that's one more hurdle surmounted.

I also have to do my homework on the audio controls. I turned on the intercom but can't turn it off? I listened to the radio for a little while ... eh, maybe when I get my mp3 player plugged in. I hate commercial radio, never listen to it anymore. Will definitely be adding the auxiliary power supply to the left cubby. Can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't make a cubby on the right side, I keep staring at it wanting it to open up. I do want to remedy that as well. I like having the middle cubby for locking away paperwork, so will probably add a cup holder to the handlebars with a ball mount.

I ordered the service manual, too.

Hornblower
07-03-2014, 07:34 AM
I also have to do my homework on the audio controls. I turned on the intercom but can't turn it off?

Press and HOLD the intercom button to turn off :cheers:

Scotrod
07-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks all!

A little disappointed that my full face helmet will not fit in the larger of the two side bags - the left. Only way is on it's side, front facing forward, and even then, not all FF's are guaranteed to fitAlso for some reason I cannot get the helmet lock pin to move. The key won't turn at all. Push a button on the forward side of the pin area to lock pin. All the key does is unlock

There is also a fender extender on the front too, which I hadn't noticed before. What were folks overall impressions with this item? I'm not really sure what good it's for. It's painted to match but after today's ride I noticed that there is a line of worn off paint in the middle of the extender. Not sure if that was there before or not. I may just remove it, I think I remember folks saying that their's had broken after a time. I had one. Also ended up with a broken tab on the fender. worn area on center is not a good sign. Tap/rap inward on each side of the fender to check and see if the tabs area all still OK. (If one side sounds substantially different than the other,,, :icon_frown:

I haven't dialed in the suspension, but I'm going to review the manual and see what kind of adjustments can be made, if any. Only rear shock preload can be adjusted. range is approx. 0 - 34 'clicks'. Typically set at 0 -1 click from the factory. Less preload does not necessarily make for a smoother ride.

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

WingStuff
07-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks all!

A short ride today, to the DMV ... still sorting out some registration issues, but have a temporary tag for the time being. Waiting on some paperwork from the dealer still. This could be the first and ONLY Honda of Russellville Signature Series in California. Registering an out-of-state vehicle in the bureaucracy of California is a pain in the arse.

A little disappointed that my full face helmet will not fit in the larger of the two side bags - the left. Also for some reason I cannot get the helmet lock pin to move. The key won't turn at all. So a givi trunk is probably in my future. I have them on all my bikes, and they just make stowing helmet and jacket at each stop so darn easy.

The color is more copper than orange, now that I've had a closer look at it. A nice metallic flake in it as well. The dash is painted too, but there is a small deep scratch next to the display panel. I will need to get a color code somehow to get some touch up paint for it. There is also a fender extender on the front too, which I hadn't noticed before. What were folks overall impressions with this item? I'm not really sure what good it's for. It's painted to match but after today's ride I noticed that there is a line of worn off paint in the middle of the extender. Not sure if that was there before or not. I may just remove it, I think I remember folks saying that their's had broken after a time.

I haven't dialed in the suspension, but I'm going to review the manual and see what kind of adjustments can be made, if any. I was pleasantly able to get both feet solidly down (not flat footed, but good enough - better than the tippy toes on the BMW). I was a little unsteady with the weight at first, but got used to it as I found the proper friction zone. Yes, it's a mite heavier than the Burgman 400. :icon_razz: Mostly slow and city riding today. If I've time tomorrow I'll take it up coast for some photo ops. I was able to get it up on the center stand with proper technique, so that's one more hurdle surmounted.

I also have to do my homework on the audio controls. I turned on the intercom but can't turn it off? I listened to the radio for a little while ... eh, maybe when I get my mp3 player plugged in. I hate commercial radio, never listen to it anymore. Will definitely be adding the auxiliary power supply to the left cubby. Can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't make a cubby on the right side, I keep staring at it wanting it to open up. I do want to remedy that as well. I like having the middle cubby for locking away paperwork, so will probably add a cup holder to the handlebars with a ball mount.

I ordered the service manual, too.

Hey you're just down the road from us! Use us as an excuse to take a nice coastal ride, stop by and say hello. Really love the custom color combo.

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help! Ride safe and enjoy!

darcym
07-05-2014, 03:09 PM
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/DarcyM7/Motorcycles/My%20Honda%20Goldwing%20F6B/20140704_183746_zps4690d15d.jpg (http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/DarcyM7/media/Motorcycles/My%20Honda%20Goldwing%20F6B/20140704_183746_zps4690d15d.jpg.html)

That was the front fender extender. I took it off. Don't know what caused the paint loss. One of the metal arms was not bolted to the inside top, it fell out when I removed the lower bolt on that side. The other side I left in. All of the tabs inside that I could see without taking the whole front fender off looked intact.

I can do without the fender extender, so I'm leaving it off.

Hornblower
07-05-2014, 04:03 PM
I can do without the fender extender, so I'm leaving it off.

My advice would be to either repair and reinstall that one or look for a replacement. The OEM fender is short in the back and an extender serves an important purpose. You might want to consider a light black plastic one like the Fenda Extenda by Pyramid Plastics:

http://shop.fendaextenda.com/category.sc;jsessionid=698E3EF19CCB0C42C748E5D5A92 C206F.m1plqscsfapp02?categoryId=2

Steve 0080
07-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Mine is chrome.....

Elin in So. Cal.
07-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the California contingent of F6B owners. We may have to have a ride to meet and greet one another somewhere along the coast? Dana Point comes to mind... (I get to ride the 74 Ortega Highway that way!)

Hope all your paint woes sort out, and you start customizing it for you. Love the color--and the low mileage.

Ride safe!

darcym
07-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the California contingent of F6B owners. We may have to have a ride to meet and greet one another somewhere along the coast? Dana Point comes to mind... (I get to ride the 74 Ortega Highway that way!)

Hope all your paint woes sort out, and you start customizing it for you. Love the color--and the low mileage.

Ride safe!

thanks - Dana pt would be cool, mostly freeway riding for me, but I could take the ortega back and hit the 15 south. We'll have to do a meet up some day soon.
dm

motozeke
07-05-2014, 09:39 PM

Ride safe!

SoCal F6Ber present and accounted for! By the way, I met a guy from Palm Springs who is a mutual acquaintance (a Victory rider, that should clue you in). Small world sometimes. :icon_cool: