PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed?

Hornblower
07-02-2014, 04:57 PM
I belong to several forums mainly covering vehicles, electronics, and guns. Have you noticed that many forums seem to mainly be a platform to share problems? I find it very interesting that our F6B forum is mainly about our love and appreciation for this excellent machine. Complaints really are few and far between. Considering that typically, people only speak out when they are unhappy or disappointed with a product, I think our forum, and our fantastic F6B, is pretty amazing.

Fla_rider
07-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Cudo's to Phantom! :clap2:

Deer Slayer
07-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Amen!'all/right':cheers:

Phantom
07-02-2014, 05:43 PM
:icon_cool::yes:

Kudos to the fine group of members.

What is key to our website is that everyone acts their age ….. like adults.

We have fun, help each other, we respect one another, poke a little bit of fun at each other and just enjoy each others company.
The camaraderie is awesome :cheers:

Glad that we don't have grown men acting like little 10 year old girls or that thrive on drama. That's what the other forums are for.

Just glad to be part of this fine group of riders, first round of drinks at the Rally are on me :alc:

powercruzer13
07-02-2014, 06:23 PM
I was hoping for a forum like this one too!
I do have a complaint though, I cannot find enough time to ride my F6B with all the rain & work lately.
Also the stock seat seems to be not so great for me... but Saturday looks like a great day to head over to Ultimate Seats Daytona store! :yes::yes::icon_mrgreen:

XKnight
07-02-2014, 07:21 PM
I have noticed far less complaints on this forum than any others I belong too and even when there is a complaint it's usually something minor that is easily corrected. That being said, I'm not sure if it's because there just aren't that many F6Bs out there or because it really is the best and most reliable bike on the planet. I'm going with the latter. :icon_mrgreen:

GiddyupF6B
07-02-2014, 07:26 PM
I totally agree and love the drama free environment. I do fear however as this forum grows it too will bring the individuals that also bring the drama. I've been on young boards before that start out great and then before you know it it's politics, whining, and drama....I hope this forum remains on the topic at hand....a kick azz bike that we are all learning about together!

Steve 0080
07-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I was hoping for a forum like this one too!
I do have a complaint though, I cannot find enough time to ride my F6B with all the rain & work lately.
Also the stock seat seems to be not so great for me... but Saturday looks like a great day to head over to Ultimate Seats Daytona store! :yes::yes::icon_mrgreen:

Looks like the storm will suck all the rain North and Sat should be perfect!!!

firetech
07-02-2014, 08:02 PM
:cheers: :biggthumpup:

Phantom
07-02-2014, 08:13 PM
I do fear however as this forum grows it too will bring the individuals that also bring the drama.

I hope that never happens, but if it does we can show those individuals the exit door. "coffee"

gray rider
07-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Hornblower makes a good point that I hadn't really thought about. I'm a member of other forums that do degenerate into bitch sessions quite often. I'm on a Vmax forum that is quite positive but tends to be highly technical. The international KTM forum has much pissing and moaning that is generally directed at the crappy dealers mainly across the pond. The VW Eos forum is rife with technically challenging problems due to the overly complex nature of the cars retracting hardtop. When I want to relax with my cup of coffee I always join all you good folks right here!

Deer Slayer
07-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey, Phantom, Spice Rum by the pool with no security. :yikes::cheers:

richw56
07-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Agreed.
Good people here, sharing a great ride and figuring things out together, typically without blowing anything out of proportion.
Some forums get so rife with overly cranky and dramatic people that I avoid them.
Not so with this group.
Great stuff.

Scotrod
07-02-2014, 09:52 PM
IMHO, there area couple things working in our favor,,,

A ~new~ model of a proven bike keeps 'Honda related' problems to a minimum.

A relatively ~young~ (AND GROWING!) forum that hasn't been around long enough to have folks getting too ~bored~ or ~snippy~ with each other,,,

And,,,,,,,, my endearing presence,,,

(Eh, well,,, 2 outta 3 ain't bad!!! 'kickthecan' )

Phantom
07-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Hey, Phantom, Spice Rum by the pool with no security. :yikes::cheers:

Deer Slayer, no pool at this place but we will definitely enjoy a few premium octane drinks under the tent :icon_wink::yes:

And,,,,,,,, my endearing presence,,,

:crackup:

:icon_laugh:

:icon_stooge:

Deer Slayer, Scotrod has already been sipping on the Rum :icon_mrgreen:

SmallPasture
07-03-2014, 07:06 AM
I've only been on here for a couple of months but find the forum's Content & Character(s) invaluable! I shouldn't be surprised based on the reason we are all here!

If they want drama, tell'em that's what facebook was invented for and show'em to the door, please sir! :spank:

Deer Slayer
07-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Deer Slayer, no pool at this place but we will definitely enjoy a few premium octane drinks under the tent :icon_wink::yes:

:crackup:

:icon_laugh:

:icon_stooge:

Deer Slayer, Scotrod has already been sipping on the Rum :icon_mrgreen:

We can fix the pool problem. Hornblower is an engineer, he can get one of the little blue ones with fishies from Walley World. :yikes:'popcorn and coke':tequila:

Hornblower
07-03-2014, 09:23 AM
We can fix the pool problem. Hornblower is an engineer, he can get one of the little blue ones with fishies from Walley World. :yikes:'popcorn and coke':tequila:

What an idea! That would go great with your blowup doll too :icon_rolleyes:
On second thought, maybe you should leave that at home :poke:

GNW
07-03-2014, 11:28 AM
This forum is the best !!
For all reasons !!

Scotrod
07-03-2014, 11:32 AM

Rubber Ducky, you're the one,,,,

:drunk:

Phantom
07-03-2014, 01:10 PM
What an idea! That would go great with your blowup doll too :icon_rolleyes:
On second thought, maybe you should leave that at home :poke:

WOW :yikes: ….. too much info :icon_redface: …. just curious, is it battery operated? happygirl if so you can't bring her into the pool :nono:

Deer Slayer
07-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Found her in Hornblower's saddle bags? :poke::lolup:

Hornblower
07-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Found her in Hornblower's saddle bags? :poke::lolup:

Busted :shhh:

Deer Slayer
07-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Busted :shhh:

HOWEVER, you will bring a horn. We need Taps and Reveley! Or may be post time before rides.:yikes:

jimmy hudson
07-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Civil, good humored, and well informed.
Nice post, Hornblower.

srkeet
07-04-2014, 12:02 AM
:yes::icon_biggrin:

Big 10-4s and plus ones for the nice guys and gals on this site. Everyone seems to have checked their egos at the door!

I remember a few years ago, on one the main Goldwing sites, a real bitchy cat fight between some guy with a handle of yellow wolf and a trike pilot. After innumerable back and forth braggin' and boasting, i bailed on the site. Those two numbskulls hijacked the site and got away with the crime!
God bless y'all for common courtesy and cool!

srkeet

thunder217
07-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Its what happens when you by a timex. Just ride it like you stole it. Its a great machine. 6607