PDA

View Full Version : Excellent F6B Magazine Ad

F6B1911
07-02-2014, 06:41 PM
... Anyone see the recent issue of "Motorcycle Rides & Culture" magazine?
Honda has 3 consecutive pages of ads.
The 1st ad is for the Gold Wing.
The 2nd ad is a beautifule ad for the F6B, yep, the fast Black one.
Then the 3rd ad is for the Valkyrie.
I scanned it and was going to upload it, but that's probably some sort of copyright violation?

Then I got my copy of "rider" in the mail when I got home today, same 3 ads again, this time the fast black one got first billing!

Steve 0080
07-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Yes it did!!!!!!!

XKnight
07-02-2014, 07:40 PM
... Anyone see the recent issue of "Motorcycle Rides & Culture" magazine?
Honda has 3 consecutive pages of ads.
The 1st ad is for the Gold Wing.
The 2nd ad is a beautifule ad for the F6B, yep, the fast Black one.
Then the 3rd ad is for the Valkyrie.
I scanned it and was going to upload it, but that's probably some sort of copyright violation?

Then I got my copy of "rider" in the mail when I got home today, same 3 ads again, this time the fast black one got first billing!

They had a picture of the Black one simply because the Red one is too fast to get a picture of. :stirthepot:

richw56
07-02-2014, 09:21 PM
...and the yellow one is so fast that due to the Doppler effect, it cannot appear yellow to a stationary camera as a result of the relative compression of the light waves as it approaches...:icon_wink:

Scotrod
07-02-2014, 09:41 PM

IMHO, it's not a violation unless you try to make money or otherwise some how profit from it. (Perhaps edit the add and then distribute it to advertise your product/services, or make it appear Honda is promoting/approving of your product/services)

As its posted in a magazine anyone can read,,, and I kinda doubt you'll be editing it and/or somehow 'profiting' from it,,, I wouldn't worry about the copyright cops snatching ya outta yer bed,,, :cop2:

Cool Hand Luke
07-03-2014, 02:10 PM
At the risk of going to copyright jail: ;side-car'

Ixol Phaane
07-03-2014, 04:04 PM
...I scanned it and was going to upload it, but that's probably some sort of copyright violation?

No agency in their right mind would slap a cease and desist on someone who was promulgating one of their advertisements. That is, after all, the very goal of advertising, to make known a product and to increase sales.

Just sayin'.

Scotrod
07-03-2014, 05:03 PM

Yup,, sittin inside, but lookin outside at a 6,,,, I can relate!!!! :icon_biggrin: :motorcycle2: