PDA

View Full Version : Historically speaking...Polictical

Steve 0080
07-03-2014, 10:05 AM
This is all factually (and historically) correct - and verifiable.

Let's go back
... In 732 AD the Muslim Army which was moving on Paris was defeated and turned back at Tours, France, by Charles Martell.

…in 1571 AD the Muslim Army/Navy was defeated by the Italians and Austrians as they tried to cross the Mediterranean to attack Southern Europe in the Battle of Lapanto.

....in 1683 AD the Turkish Muslim Army, attacking Eastern Europe, was finally defeated in the Battle of Vienna by German and Polish Christian Armies.

....this has been going on for 1,400 years and many politicians and citizenry don't even know it!!!

…if these battles had not been won we could be speaking Arabic and Christianity might be non - existent;

Judaism certainly would be... And let us not forget that Hitler was an admirer of Islam and that the Mufti of Jerusalem was Hitler's guest in Berlin and raised Bosnian Muslim SS Divisions: the 13th and 21st Waffen SS Divisions who killed Jews, Russians, Gypsies, and any other "subhuman's".

Reflecting A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.
........Pause a moment, reflect back. These events are actual events from history. They really happened!!!

Do you remember?

1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male.
2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim males.
3. In 1972 a Pan Am 747 was hijacked and eventually diverted to Cairo where a fuse was lit on final approach, it was blown up shortly after landing by Muslim males
4. In 1973 a Pan Am 707 was destroyed in Rome, with 33 people killed, when it was attacked with grenades by Muslim males.
5. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim males.
6. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim males.
7. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim males.
8. In 1985, the Cruise Ship Achilles Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim males.
9. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim males.
10. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim males.
11. In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim males.
12. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim males.
13. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim males.
14. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim males.
15. In 2002, reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and beheaded by---you guessed it was a--- Muslim male.
16. In 2013, Boston Marathon Bombing 4 Innocent people including a child killed, 264 injured by Muslim males.

Pretty good argument for profiling, huh? Thank goodness TSA has relaxed at least some of their protocols now, but there is no room in America for a religion that is intolerant of other religions, and whose radical followers are unable to coexist peacefully with them. Please keep all this in mind as our nation faces this global enemy and pray that our leaders will protect us from them.

Westernbiker
07-03-2014, 10:57 AM
And some still won't get it or understand it. :shrug:

SmallPasture
07-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks for posting this Steve!!! and Amen!!!

Scotrod
07-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Extremist's of any type that encourage/use violence to support/promote their cause are a plight.

In some ways, there does seem to be a 'trend/link' towards 'Muslim', but I believe the sheer numbers of Muslims worldwide make it seem notable,,, while the percentage of Muslim Males committing these acts is actually quite small.

Just for S + G,,,,, There are just over 2 billion (2,000,000,000) Muslins in the world today. (23% of the worlds population) almost 1 out of every 4 people worldwide,,,

Assuming a fairly equal ratio of Muslim Males to Muslim females, then there are about 1 Billion Muslim males. (1,000,000,000).

There are approx. 317 million people in the US,,, so there are approx. 1,000 Muslim Males for every 317 American man, woman, or child. (Or, 3.155 Muslim Males per every American man, woman, or child)

If a thousand acts were each perpetrated by a hundred different individuals per each individual act, You would have a ratio 100,000 'act-ee's' / 1,000,000,000 Muslim Males or, 1 out of 10,000 Muslim Males who participated one time in one 'act'. (As we know, most 'acts' that make the news do not involve a hundred 'one time' participants,,, Most acts are by far smaller groups, and a very few are possibly 'repeat offenders')

Even with the skewed data I've listed above, I'm sure glad I don't have to find that '1 out of 10,000',,,

I do feel sorrow for any person unjustly targeted by their creed/religion/sex. I wish there was a way to look at everyone with the same 'vision', but, when religious extremism is a factor in the 'act', then religion becomes a part of the 'search' for perpetrators,,, I'm not sure it can be done otherwise, but it's not a pleasant thing for the other 9,999 folks who had nothing to do with it.

(Disclaimer: While the terms 'act' and 'Muslim' were thrown around freely in my post, I do not claim to be an expert on terrorism, the Muslim faith, or mean to insinuate any connection between the 2 which may imply muslim = terrorist. IMHO, there are far smaller groups with far greater percentages of criminal activity than any 'religion')

Darren
07-03-2014, 11:29 AM
I find this post a little OTT, especially when this forum has people of other nations than America and possibly other relations than Christianity and that it was made by a mod saddens me. We are on this forum because we all share a common pleasure. Politics and religious bigotry have no place here IMHO.

SmallPasture
07-03-2014, 11:44 AM
I can't find where in Steve's post that could be construed as bigotry?:shrug:

Perhaps the use of Muslim where it should say Islamist Extremists?

Just as Scotrod states, "Extremist's of any type that encourage/use violence to support/promote their cause are a plight.s"

Scotrod
07-03-2014, 12:19 PM
I find this post a little OTT, especially when this forum has people of other nations than America and possibly other relations than Christianity and that it was made by a mod saddens me. We are on this forum because we all share a common pleasure. Politics and religious bigotry have no place here IMHO.

Like SP said, perhaps 'Islamic Extremists' might have been a better choice of words than Muslim.

Unfortunately, both 'muslim' and 'terrorists' have been used in the same sentence so many times by the news media that folks seem to associate one with the other. We all need to be vigilant in our own understanding that Muslim does not automatically mean Extremist nor does it mean terrorist. No more than 'Texan' or 'Baptist' means extremist/terrorist.

Politics is 'fair game' here as long as it's in the 'Off topic' thread, which is where this post is located.

I try to avoid the 'off topic' area, but Steve's been on a :stirthepot: rampage here lately and I keep getting snookered into it!!!

LOL!!!

SmallPasture
07-03-2014, 12:42 PM
No more than 'Texan' or 'Baptist' means extremist/terrorist.

Uh... I'm kin to some extreme Texas Baptist!!! :poke:

Keep in mind, i'm the guy wearing the bra on my head!!! Nuff said!:crazy2:

hoglaw
07-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Islam is more cult-like than religious. Many of the precepts of Islam are contrary to our laws and constitution. When push comes to shove muslims will fall back on their religion. You can see that now in places like Flint, MI and other locals where there is a push for Sharia law. My opinion is not based on mere belief, but on years of study and postings to muslim countries. If you believe all this "religion of peace" BS, or that the violence is only perpetuated by a few extremist, you will someday be in for a rude awakening.

Darren
07-03-2014, 03:21 PM
With the exception of Jainism all religions have violent pasts after all my God is bigger than your God has been the battle cry for centuries.

SmallPasture
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM
With the exception of Jainism all religions have violent pasts after all my God is bigger than your God has been the battle cry for centuries.

True Dat. :yes:

It's just some current ones haven't figured out it doesn't help.:no:

Ixol Phaane
07-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Extremist's of any type that encourage/use violence to support/promote their cause are a plight.

In some ways, there does seem to be a 'trend/link' towards 'Muslim', but I believe the sheer numbers of Muslims worldwide make it seem notable,,, while the percentage of Muslim Males committing these acts is actually quite small.

...I do feel sorrow for any person unjustly targeted by their creed/religion/sex. I wish there was a way to look at everyone with the same 'vision', but, when religious extremism is a factor in the 'act', then religion becomes a part of the 'search' for perpetrators,,, I'm not sure it can be done otherwise, but it's not a pleasant thing for the other 9,999 folks who had nothing to do with it.

(Disclaimer: While the terms 'act' and 'Muslim' were thrown around freely in my post, I do not claim to be an expert on terrorism, the Muslim faith, or mean to insinuate any connection between the 2 which may imply muslim = terrorist. IMHO, there are far smaller groups with far greater percentages of criminal activity than any 'religion')

...Perhaps the use of Muslim where it should say Islamist Extremists?

Just as Scotrod states, "Extremist's of any type that encourage/use violence to support/promote their cause are a plight.s"

+1

Ixol Phaane
07-03-2014, 06:08 PM
I have neither the time nor the inclination to research specifics of history regarding incidents of "cleansing" or "conversion" of dissenters or non-believers by extremist perpetrators of Christianity or Catholicism. Suffice it to say that Islamic extremists are NOT the only guilty parties in this world.

This country was not founded on the principle of "One Religion". It was founded on principles of RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, and of TOLERANCE and of REPRESENTATION in GOVERNANCE. "All for me and none for you", "My way, or the highway!" and "Global Conquest!" were NOT what the Founding Fathers had in mind.

Americans are not selfish people. In fact, some of the most caring, generous people I have ever met in my life are those who have not.
And some of the most selfish, despicable people I have ever met are well to do and hold places of power.

My spirituality and membership in the race called Human compels me to assist my fellows. By that I mean: if a person cannot afford food, or housing, or medicine or education and I can... then I am bound by my humanity to help lift that person up and lend a hand. My life is made richer when I can enrich the life of another.

Am I diminished because I give? Not at all.

Does my family suffer or go hungry because I give? Not when I give what I can afford.

Does living my life require that I be selfish and greedy? No.

Am I defined by the amount of money I hoard? Will Heaven open her doors to me sooner if I am wealthy, though insensitive to the plight of those less fortunate? No, she will not.

The greatest problem I see in this powerful country is the FACT that the two politically EXTREME factions that hold power REFUSE to COOPERATE and COMPROMISE as each attempts to outmaneuver the other to command the power of leadership. And by the very nature of politics, good people lose sight of the meaning of good governance and become corrupted, thus the process becomes corrupt and those who are to be governed become disheartened.

The "idea" of universal health care is noble. The "idea" of quality, affordable public education is noble. The "idea" of available and affordable food and housing is noble.

Unfortunately, the political and religious extremists have corrupted the process, created distrust, fear and hatred, and have allowed this country and, in fact, this planet, to spiral into the dismal state that it is in.

As I see it, the ONLY fix for this in this country is to forsake the two major parties. Vote them ALL out and replace them with MODERATE INDEPENDENTS.

Do you think that would send a signal?

Cool Hand Luke
07-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Nothing is what it seems...

Steve 0080
07-03-2014, 10:07 PM
:jerkit::nono::stirthepot::popcorn:

shooter
07-03-2014, 10:13 PM

It's not hatred. It's not racist. It's the truth. Maybe you're just a little sensitive. That's one of the things wrong with this country. People are too soft to hear the truth. Too sensitive to do what needs to be done. Go hide in the closet, maybe someone will protect you.

jaygollner
07-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Like SP said, perhaps 'Islamic Extremists' might have been a better choice of words than Muslim.

Unfortunately, both 'muslim' and 'terrorists' have been used in the same sentence so many times by the news media that folks seem to associate one with the other. We all need to be vigilant in our own understanding that Muslim does not automatically mean Extremist nor does it mean terrorist. No more than 'Texan' or 'Baptist' means extremist/terrorist.

Politics is 'fair game' here as long as it's in the 'Off topic' thread, which is where this post is located.

I try to avoid the 'off topic' area, but Steve's been on a :stirthepot: rampage here lately and I keep getting snookered into it!!!

LOL!!!
It seems to me that there are better venues than this to rant at. That said all religions have violence in them, try reading the old testament ( my personal guide to life in a post apocalyptic America). The old eye for an eye, stoning adulterers and genocide on competing tribes seems like a reasonable way to live in a lawless nation. That's it I'm done lets go shoot some fireworks.

Darren
07-04-2014, 08:48 AM
It's not hatred. It's not racist. It's the truth. Maybe you're just a little sensitive. That's one of the things wrong with this country. People are too soft to hear the truth. Too sensitive to do what needs to be done. Go hide in the closet, maybe someone will protect you.

1st I'm not American and only lived there briefly
2nd no one who knows me would ever accuse me of being sensitive
3rd it's only the truth in the same way that 100% of people who breath air die therefore breathing is dangerous

Also if it wasn't for America's interference with world politics to prevent the spread of Communism, using their resources to back the Mujahideen when they were fighting the Russians and placing people like Sadam in power this would not have occurred. Check out Operation Cyclone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone American tax dollars at work.

To be honest the statements are very racist and have no place here

motozeke
07-04-2014, 10:42 AM

What do you think we could be doing that we are not already doing? There hasn't been a significant terrorist attack in the U.S. since 9/11, and we continue to drone the living daylights out of terrorists (yes, Muslim terrorists) wherever we can find them.

Tolerance for other religions and recognizing that only a tiny minority from that religion actually commit terrorist actions doesn't mean that we are on the long slide to sharia law. I swear to God, some people actually believe that this is where we are headed (and that our President wants this!).

Believe what you want, I just think it would be better for your nerves and blood pressure if you cut people some slack. America is way, way, WAY bigger than this threat. If we could beat the British, survive a bloody civil war, win two world wars and defeat communism, we can outlast this.

Maybe I just believe in America more than you do. :poke::stirthepot::crackup:

motozeke
07-04-2014, 10:50 AM
It's a fact that the worst instances of domestic terrorism since the 70s have been from right wing extremists. Should we witch hunt those on the right? Something tells me you wouldn't appreciate that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

bobbyf6b
07-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I wear this patch on my vest.

The war over religion will never end because every religion believes that all others are wrong and going to hell.

“Religion is for people who're afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who've already been there.”

Steve 0080
07-04-2014, 12:30 PM
+1...Very Good Bobby !!!!!!

motozeke
07-04-2014, 01:15 PM

The war over religion will never end because every religion believes that all others are wrong and going to hell.

“Religion is for people who're afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who've already been there.”

That's pretty sad actually, Bobby. It's not far off from these kind of statements:

"Everything I need to know about women I learned from that bitch who dumped me."
"Everything I need to know about black people I learned from Michael Vick."
"Everything I need to know about Germans I learned from the Nazis."
"Everything I need to know about Jews I learned from the Liberty incident."
"Everything I need to know about gays I learned watching a pride parade in San Francisco."
"Everything I need to know about Mexicans I learned from the guy who stole my car."
"Everything I need to know about Christians I learned from the freaks who killed abortion doctors."
"Everything I need to know about Democrats I learned from Monica Lewinsky."
"Everything I need to know about Republicans I learned from the Iraq invasion."

I could go on. Come on... in America we are better than this.

motozeke
07-04-2014, 01:17 PM
George W. Bush would reject this kind of thinking:

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/ramadan/islam.html

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."

-Remarks by President George W. Bush in a statement to reporters during a meeting with U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
The Oval Office, Washington, DC
November 13, 2002

jaygollner
07-04-2014, 01:54 PM

jaygollner
07-04-2014, 01:56 PM
That's pretty sad actually, Bobby. It's not far off from these kind of statements:

"Everything I need to know about women I learned from that bitch who dumped me."
"Everything I need to know about black people I learned from Michael Vick."
"Everything I need to know about Germans I learned from the Nazis."
"Everything I need to know about Jews I learned from the Liberty incident."
"Everything I need to know about gays I learned watching a pride parade in San Francisco."
"Everything I need to know about Mexicans I learned from the guy who stole my car."
"Everything I need to know about Christians I learned from the freaks who killed abortion doctors."
"Everything I need to know about Democrats I learned from Monica Lewinsky."
"Everything I need to know about Republicans I learned from the Iraq invasion."

I could go on. Come on... in America we are better than this.

WELL SAID

hoglaw
07-04-2014, 05:25 PM
George W. Bush would reject this kind of thinking:

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/ramadan/islam.html

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."

-Remarks by President George W. Bush in a statement to reporters during a meeting with U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
The Oval Office, Washington, DC
November 13, 2002

When you learn the fallacy of "peaceful religion" I hope it isn't too late.

Darren
07-04-2014, 06:20 PM
When you learn the fallacy of "peaceful religion" I hope it isn't too late.

Your right let's ban all religion.

Wild Bill
07-04-2014, 08:43 PM

+2

shooter
07-04-2014, 11:25 PM
There is never a winner in a conversation like this. Steve spoke the truth in his post. Has everyone forgotten about the hundreds of people killed in the towers? How about the fact they attacked our Pentagon. Should we turn the other cheek? NOT! That's what a lot of people want to do. It's not about Muslims or any other religion. People are always quick to take offense to someone that was upset about Americans being murdered on American soil. You should get mad. That is the proper feelings to have. Everyone is worried about hurting someone's feelings. If you ask the families of those people that lost loved one's in the Tower's they would tell you about hurt feelings. We should never forget or forgive. I'm an American. I worry about and care about Americans. Like Toby Keith says, everyone else can kiss my azz.

Hornblower
07-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Wow, threads like this sure can go downhill fast. Frankly, I was hoping not to post anymore on this subject but this morning, I just can't help adding this hopefully, final thought...Christians want to love people of all faiths into God's Kingdom. OTOH, Islam wants all to worship their god and, if you don't, they consider you an infidel and want to kill you. Just as in Christianity, some are more passionate than others about following their religion but I'm pretty confident the basic goal of these two religions is as I have stated.

As far as overstating the danger of the muslim movement, you don't have to go any further back in history that Nazi Germany. There too, many sat by the sidelines and did nothing until it was too late and millions of innocent people were brutally murdered. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself but unfortunately, it often does.

Steve 0080
07-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Not sure any thread goes down hill. As long as it does not become personal. I think threads like this give people the ability to voice their opinion and that is a good thing. It also shows others what side of the fence you fall to and that bit of infromation can be very interesting. I started this thread as part of the holiday and remembering why. Differing opinions is what makes this country great. Most here had valid points to make, some showed what side of the fence they fall on. JMO

Ixol Phaane
07-05-2014, 01:57 PM
There is never a winner in a conversation like this. ... We should never...forgive. I'm an American. I worry about and care about Americans. ... everyone else can kiss my azz.

Spoken like an American.
Wonder why we're so disrespected and hated in parts of the world.

Ixol Phaane
07-05-2014, 02:45 PM
...I started this thread as part of the holiday and remembering why. Differing opinions is what makes this country great... It also shows others what side of the fence you fall to and that bit of infromation can be very interesting... Most here had valid points to make, some showed what side of the fence they fall on. JMO
:icon_doh:

For those who have forgotten, this is "why" the Independence Day holiday...

"...We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political conection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

It has nothing to do with a holy or religious war, or religious intolerance, or Islam or Muslim bashing or other racist bs.

And I wonder... what fence is it that you reference?

"JMO"? Yeah, THAT's a fact. :icon_rolleyes:

Steve 0080
07-05-2014, 04:41 PM
For me, Freedom is not Free...it is an on going battle...you either chose to fight "them" who ever that might be, in their backyard or ours....I chose theirs. The holiday was a celebration of Freedom, if you did not serve you should thank someone who served on your behalf. As far as what side of the fence you fall on...I guess that depends on the fence....

motozeke
07-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Thomas Jefferson, the first American president to actually fight a war against Muslim powers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates), was a strong advocate of Muslim religious freedom in America and went to lengths to assure the Muslims against whom America fought that our war was not against their religion, no matter what their own motivations may have been.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/05/our_founding_fathers_included_islam/

I won't associate myself with those who believe that we are engaged in a war against a religion. Frankly I find nothing appealing about Islam, and I am appalled at how women and non-Muslims are treated by those who range from the more conservative to the fanatical among them. In America we won't tolerate a lack of respect for women or other religions. But that's because I am pro-freedom, not anti-Islamic.

If anyone tries to terrorize or make war on America or our allies, then we should make war on them--as we have before and will continue to. I'm not about to expand that into a general war against Islam, which is just foolishness and will lead to nothing but more fanaticism and unnecessary death and destruction.

Hating your enemy is satisfying, I get it. It's a free country, you can hate all you want. Just don't wrap it up in the flag, it deserves better.

motozeke
07-05-2014, 09:04 PM
By the way, I appreciate all you guys. I have riding buddies with whom I strongly disagree (one of them says, with great emphasis, that Obama is EVERY BIT AS EVIL as Hitler, if not moreso!), but we never let it get in the way of having fun. 'riding'

flyboy
07-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Thomas Jefferson, the first American president to actually fight a war against Muslim powers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates), was a strong advocate of Muslim religious freedom in America and went to lengths to assure the Muslims against whom America fought that our war was not against their religion, no matter what their own motivations may have been.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/05/our_founding_fathers_included_islam/

I won't associate myself with those who believe that we are engaged in a war against a religion. Frankly I find nothing appealing about Islam, and I am appalled at how women and non-Muslims are treated by those who range from the more conservative to the fanatical among them. In America we won't tolerate a lack of respect for women or other religions. But that's because I am pro-freedom, not anti-Islamic.

If anyone tries to terrorize or make war on America or our allies, then we should make war on them--as we have before and will continue to. I'm not about to expand that into a general war against Islam, which is just foolishness and will lead to nothing but more fanaticism and unnecessary death and destruction.

Hating your enemy is satisfying, I get it. It's a free country, you can hate all you want. Just don't wrap it up in the flag, it deserves better.

I agree, we seem to think alike!

Phantom
07-05-2014, 10:37 PM
swordfight

I am enjoying this thread …… seeing several flaws in some of the arguments but I digress.

I APPLAUD all of you for maintaining (for the most part) a civil discussion without mud slinging.

There is ONLY one person in this world that will agree with you 100% of the time ….. look in the mirror.

Some of us are HONDA fanatics, others are HARLEY fanatics ……. eventually the Harley Infidels :duck: will see the light and migrate to our Honda camp :cheers:

SpeedyWho
07-08-2014, 08:14 AM

Thank you Bobby and Thank You for your service to our country:icon_smflag::icon_smflag: