PDA

View Full Version : Decent prices?

mercator1
07-03-2014, 05:35 PM
A local guy here has a standard 2013 with centerstand and tall vented windshield added that I think I could get for $14,500. It has 5k miles on it. I can buy a new one for $15,585 out the door, with center stand, but no tall shield. Do either seem like good deals? One noticeably better than the other? I'm not a huge fan of the red color on the used one, but I could live with it.

CheesyRider
07-03-2014, 05:53 PM
If you buy the new one, Honda is now offering $1000 in free accessories and an extra year on the warranty (http://powersports.honda.com/offers/motorcycles/touring/ctx700e.aspx). I'd definitely go new.

Ixol Phaane
07-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the red color on the used one, but I could live with it.

I couldn't. :icon_biggrin:

But I do think either of those deals seems very reasonable.

Fla_rider
07-03-2014, 06:50 PM
The red on would of course go faster, that's why you don't see as many. :stirthepot:

Tunes
07-03-2014, 06:53 PM
If you buy the new one, Honda is now offering $1000 in free accessories and an extra year on the warranty (http://powersports.honda.com/offers/motorcycles/touring/ctx700e.aspx). I'd definitely go new.

Any idea when this promotion started? I just bought my Deluxe on June 26.

Marine Gunfighter
07-03-2014, 08:56 PM
I think regardless of price if your not happy with the color then dont get it.

CheesyRider
07-04-2014, 02:43 AM
Any idea when this promotion started? I just bought my Deluxe on June 26.
Not sure. I just noticed it a day or two ago.

yellow rex
07-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Pay attention to that one year free extended warranty other
found out that if you opt for this you could not buy the 4 year
warranty this has been discuss on the other 1800 forum so if
if you go that route get every thing on paper that you can so if
you want to buy the 4 year warranty if you so desire so check
with Honda at the 1-800 number to be sure.

badpapi
07-04-2014, 03:08 PM
I think regardless of price if your not happy with the color then dont get it.
:bowdown:
Like he sayd , couple hundres dont goin to make you happy when you see my faster black goin by :)

IMHO I WILL BUY NEW, Nothing beats a new bike smell . if you can, try to get a deluxe model . btw adding a taller winshield is like $100 -$200 for the shield and a 15 minutes swap . gl on your choice

Steve 0080
07-04-2014, 03:33 PM
July 1st is the promotion start date!!!

http://powersports.honda.com/touring/2014/gold-wing-f6b.aspx

See Offer- $1000 in Accessories and Free 12 – Months HondaCare OfferBUILD AND PRICE
See Offer- 1.99% Fixed APR on GL1800, Gold Wing F6B, Gold Wing Valkyrie & CTX1300

mercator1
07-10-2014, 11:30 PM
:bowdown:
Like he sayd , couple hundres dont goin to make you happy when you see my faster black goin by :)

IMHO I WILL BUY NEW, Nothing beats a new bike smell . if you can, try to get a deluxe model . btw adding a taller winshield is like $100 -$200 for the shield and a 15 minutes swap . gl on your choice

If I decide to definitely go with the F6B, I will likely get the new. That $1000 could almost get windshield and driving lights.

I'm not sure about the Deluxe model. Russellville puts a center stand on for free. I ride alone, so I don't care much about the passenger back rest. That leaves heated grips and self-cancelling signals. I've never had either, so I could probably live without them.

SmallPasture
07-11-2014, 07:41 AM
That leaves heated grips and self-cancelling signals. I've never had either, so I could probably live without them.

Self cancelling, eh...can take it or leave it. Heated hand grips on the other hand are wonderful. It's amazing what warm hands can do to the rest of the body!
wait...hey, hey...this is a family show, dang it!!:icon_doh:

Phantom
07-11-2014, 08:13 AM
It's amazing what warm hands can do to the rest of the body!
wait...hey, hey...this is a family show, dang it!!:icon_doh:

:postpics:

sorry, I couldn't resist :spank: .... :icon_redface: .... :shhh: .... :pig1: just having a morning laugh with my coffee "coffee"

Steve 0080
07-11-2014, 08:21 AM
This is my first bike with heated grips....all I can say is you do not know what you are missing!!!!!!

Fla_rider
07-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Never used the heated grips?:moon:

XKnight
07-11-2014, 01:32 PM
I'd pay an extra $1000 for the brand new bike all day long over a used bike with 5,000 miles.

fxdl2051
07-11-2014, 10:42 PM
A local guy here has a standard 2013 with centerstand and tall vented windshield added that I think I could get for $14,500. It has 5k miles on it. I can buy a new one for $15,585 out the door, with center stand, but no tall shield. Do either seem like good deals? One noticeably better than the other? I'm not a huge fan of the red color on the used one, but I could live with it.
Go to Cycle Trader and cost shop the prices. I think Honda of Chattanoga has the best prices of anyone and you can use this as a start point for bargaining. It helped bring my price way down in WA where dealers don't like to deal. My preference is to buy new, a center stand is around $250 and shop time should be under an hour. The windscreen 2-300 depending of model. Don't think the used price is that great a deal. Last years should be blowing out the door now that the 14s are out. I bought the standard and the dealer added the upgrades to bring it to a higher trim level. Nice thing about new is financing all the accessories, I got the dealer to install everything for free that I wanted. While you're looking check out Alaska Fed. Credit Union, lowest rates I've found yet, they beat Honda. Awesome bike, you'll love it.