PDA

View Full Version : Looking hard

Reaper
07-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Hey gang :039:
I currently own an '08 Kawi Nomad 1600 that I bought new. 'riding'
I hadn't really thought about a new bike until I went into the local multicycle dealer. I walked past a black F6B and said "hmmmm" , took care of business and on the way out it was calling my name. I took a closer look and liked what I saw. Been doing research on line and am intrigued.:ebay:
Now it's either arrange a test ride or wait until Biketoberfest and ride. If I like it, sell or trade Nomad. Then surprise wife with new bike ( easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission):021:
Any former Vulcan riders (or others) want to weigh in?

Fla_rider
07-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Now's the time to jump lots of incentives! Where else you gonna get a 1800cc motorcycle with everything the Wing has on it for less than $15k.:clap2:

powercruzer13
07-03-2014, 07:56 PM
If the F6B can get me off of a Valkyrie..... trading in a Vulcan is a no brainer!
The charms of the flat 6 will amaze you I promise. :icon_cool:

Stick
07-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Always loved the Nomad, but no expert on that bike. I think you'll find the F6B, though, in a different league. More power, better handling - so easy to manipulate, read "nimble". As good as the Nomad is, the F6B is better. Me thinks.

CarolinaRider
07-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Hey gang :039:
I currently own an '08 Kawi Nomad 1600 that I bought new. 'riding'
I hadn't really thought about a new bike until I went into the local multicycle dealer. I walked past a black F6B and said "hmmmm" , took care of business and on the way out it was calling my name. I took a closer look and liked what I saw. Been doing research on line and am intrigued.:ebay:
Now it's either arrange a test ride or wait until Biketoberfest and ride. If I like it, sell or trade Nomad. Then surprise wife with new bike ( easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission):021:
Any former Vulcan riders (or others) want to weigh in?

If you want a super deal you can find used 2013's for a great deal. Just read through this forum and you will sea all kinds of ex- other bike owners that are now riding the F6B and have no regrets. I am lucky someone more knowledge about motorcycles pointed me toward the F6B. Never a second thought. There is lots of helpful info on the forum. Have fun exploring.

Cool Hand Luke
07-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Always loved the Nomad, but no expert on that bike. I think you'll find the F6B, though, in a different league. More power, better handling - so easy to manipulate, read "nimble". As good as the Nomad is, the F6B is better. Me thinks.

I agree. After riding F6B and then getting back on Nomad the differences will be very apparent in handling, smoothness of the engine and overal refinement. The only question is, can you do without the V Twin sound? If yes, welcome to the ranks!

P.S. I keep my Harley for cruiser feel as well.

Reaper
07-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Now's the time to jump lots of incentives! Where else you gonna get a 1800cc motorcycle with everything the Wing has on it for less than $15k.:clap2:

New or used?
So don't pay $19,999 sticker price
If it's new then it's a no brainer

badpapi
07-03-2014, 08:52 PM
New or used?
So don't pay $19,999 sticker price
If it's new then it's a no brainer

new or demo I paid $ 16000 for mine leftover 2013 fast black non deluxe brand new 2 months ago . shop around they should be some more leftover out there .

Ericb445
07-04-2014, 10:00 AM
I came off a 2011 vaquero. I bought a used 2013 with 6k on the clock in Dec 2013 for at that time I thought was a steal for 17otd.
Now you can find new 2013's for 15k if you look hard enough.