PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone riding this Weekend

RickW
07-04-2014, 07:22 AM
We are up in Northern Michigan stopping to see family and having a nice ride. Just Teresa, Me and Bandit (he has been on the back of her Spyder).

Dave Ritsema
07-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Nice! I love riding in northern MI. Andrea and I just got back from WingDing last night. Mountain Man was telling me how awesome your paint turned out, can't wait to see it in person.

MSGT-R
07-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Southwestern Utah, near Cedar Breaks, Bryce Canyon and Zion.
The advantage of being local to that area.

RickW
07-04-2014, 08:34 AM

That has got to be some of the most scenic areas in the US. Wish we were closer, you have to post some pictures.

RickW
07-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Nice! I love riding in northern MI. Andrea and I just got back from WingDing last night. Mountain Man was telling me how awesome your paint turned out, can't wait to see it in person.

Did Mike do some painting on your new bike?

Will be seeing them in a couple of weeks. Staying a night at their house in WV when we are over there.
Was he pretty busy at WindDing?
Rick

Steve 0080
07-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Headed to the beach for some seafood !!!!!

Paul B Blues
07-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Not riding anywhere due to the wonderful Scottish summer, rain and blowing a gale ALL weekend :rainyday:'windy'

Dave Ritsema
07-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Did Mike do some painting on your new bike?

Will be seeing them in a couple of weeks. Staying a night at their house in WV when we are over there.
Was he pretty busy at WindDing?
Rick

No, I will be doing a repaint prior to having any custom work done. I love this bike but the paint is crap. A little web strap lightly brushing against it that holds my TBag on scuffed the paint up on a little 650 mile trip we took Tues and Wed.

Mike looked like he was set for the event, lots of bikes parked around him, most of the vendors looked pretty busy. Des at Ultimate Seats told me he was booked solid for the entire event doing installs.

motozeke
07-04-2014, 04:04 PM
May just roll through Ortega Canyon today. Travelling from SoCal to the Bay Area on Sunday for a week's worth of work, then to the Sierras for the weekend. Rented a cabin in South Lake Tahoe, going up with a couple of blokes to hit Ice House Road, Wentworth Springs, Monitor Pass, Mono Lake, Tioga Pass, and Yosemite. :icon_cool:

SCMike
07-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Riding along the NC/Tenn. border, Ocoee River and Cherohala Skyway.

MSGT-R
07-05-2014, 06:21 PM
I had to stay off the mountain yesterday and today; thunderstorms not only produced downpours, but cold temps and hail.
We took a short ride to Cedar City instead to do some errands. The new pipes sound great!

XKnight
07-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I was in the Texas Hill County this weekend. Left Thursday and just go back tonight. Covered about 800 miles and had a great time. Here's a pic of my F6 and my buddies Fatboy during a stop in Kerrville.

smokinjoe187
07-05-2014, 07:58 PM
May just roll through Ortega Canyon today. Travelling from SoCal to the Bay Area on Sunday for a week's worth of work, then to the Sierras for the weekend. Rented a cabin in South Lake Tahoe, going up with a couple of blokes to hit Ice House Road, Wentworth Springs, Monitor Pass, Mono Lake, Tioga Pass, and Yosemite. :icon_cool:

now thats a road trip...have not been to ice house for years...is robs still there??Wednesday spagetti feast was fun

powercruzer13
07-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Rode the 65 miles over to Daytona this morning to check out Ultimate Seats at Rossmeyers Destination Daytona Harley heaven. Closed. :icon_redface: Shoulda called I guess. :icon_doh:
Anyways stopped at the Corbin store but they had nothing in stock to look at.
Guess I'll try again next Saturday. :yes:

kjelders
07-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Stayed close to home. A little jaunt down to Mount St. Helens.

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6701&d=1404696482

Scotrod
07-07-2014, 09:42 AM
:icon_frown: Nowhere,,, But,,, it looks like a lot of ya got out and saw the sights!!! :yes: ('Slow' time of year here for us lazy folks who don't like heat,,,,)

F6B-RICH
07-07-2014, 10:27 AM
+1 on the no where.Been at my shore house for the past week.The 6 is in the garage covered resting with her oil leak .batman-smilie.

SmallPasture
07-07-2014, 11:09 AM
I was in the Texas Hill County this weekend. Left Thursday and just go back tonight. Covered about 800 miles and had a great time. Here's a pic of my F6 and my buddies Fatboy during a stop in Kerrville.

Hot Damn XKnight...We were in the Hill country all weekend. Based outta Comfort on Friday and came back yesterday! Here we are heading down the "Willow City Loop"6724.
We try to hit the hills every other weekend. We will be heading to San Saba area the weekend of the 18th.

TwinCitiesRider
07-07-2014, 12:07 PM
No pics, but traveled thorugh central Minnesota on Saturday. Headed out to the Black Hills for a full week next week.

SmallPasture
07-07-2014, 12:31 PM
No pics, but traveled thorugh central Minnesota on Saturday. Headed out to the Black Hills for a full week next week.

Very Nice!!! :biggthumpup:

Pics when ya return???:yes:

grendl
07-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Went up to the Wing Ding in Madison. Had a great time, no real pics just a lot of good memories and meeting some great people. Stayed with friends in Rockford Illinois but rode to the WingDing everyday. Back to Colorado yesterday. This bike has proven itself as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely love it...Ran into and met Choptop and one of his friends on a Valk..

XKnight
07-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Hot Damn XKnight...We were in the Hill country all weekend. Based outta Comfort on Friday and came back yesterday! Here we are heading down the "Willow City Loop"6724.
We try to hit the hills every other weekend. We will be heading to San Saba area the weekend of the 18th.

We were staying in San Marcos. I wish I was able to make it out to The Hill Country more often. Best riding in TX.:icon_cool: I would definitely remember seeing a yellow F6. My fast Red one was the only one I saw all weekend. Did see a few Wings and of course the typical stream of black Harleys. Maybe we can meet up down there one of these days. If you ever make it over to the Houston area give me a shout. Not the best roads, but I ride up in the National Forest area mostly and it's not too bad.

DisneyBill
07-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Jabbasan and I took a ride down to Waco to visit the Texas Rangers Museum (not the baseball team :icon_biggrin:). It was a hot day but we still had a great ride and we cannot recommend enough getting out there to see that museum if you get the chance. Very cool place! And even cooler with two black F6B's parked out front!!! :thumb:

- Bill

Hook
07-07-2014, 08:53 PM
I went to Hollister this weekend:icon_biggrin:

Kurare79
07-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Just Teresa, Me and Bandit (he has been on the back of her Spyder).

Cool, i see you are having the dog with you! :yes: What kind of bag are you using?

On my first bike i had a bag on my tank and attached an additional windshield for our doggie Tinka:

Now on the F6B i am using a doggie bag which i can put around my shoulders:

Darkknight
07-08-2014, 05:16 AM

Some day I would love to ride out there. If I had a bucket list... this ride would be on it!:clap2:

Well, maybe it's time for a bucket list... we are not guaranteed a tomorrow. Let's see how the trip to Franklin NC goes next month first.

Then maybe next year plan to either fly out and rent a bike or take a few weeks and ride out.
WOW, a 2500 mile ride just to get there. Maybe I aimed a bit high. That almost would have to be a retirement adventure. Then again, who know what tomorrow will bring.:icon_biggrin:

If I don't dream it, I'll never do it!

SmallPasture
07-08-2014, 07:15 AM
We were staying in San Marcos. I wish I was able to make it out to The Hill Country more often. Best riding in TX.:icon_cool: I would definitely remember seeing a yellow F6. My fast Red one was the only one I saw all weekend. Did see a few Wings and of course the typical stream of black Harleys. Maybe we can meet up down there one of these days. If you ever make it over to the Houston area give me a shout. Not the best roads, but I ride up in the National Forest area mostly and it's not too bad.

We were in the hills from Friday mid morning till Sunday afternoon and not another F6B to be seen!!! A few wings but like you I saw mostly chrome thunder and sport bikes. We were in some areas that the dual sport seemed to be the bike of choice. I got rock dings on the lower cowl to prove it!! We stayed in a tiny cabin 12 miles N.E of Comfort off of Upper Sisterdale Road. After I got the "Bad Bee", the darling Mrs. SmallPasture and I made a pact to ride the hills every other weekend this summer and cover as many of the roads that are listed in the Butler map. San Saba area is next.

We left Houston back in 2006. After Katrina and Rita and the residue that washed into H-Town we had to get out. West seemed the logical direction as thats where we spent our free time anyway! We will be riding your roads in the fall and will most definitely give ya a heads up! :yes:

SmallPasture
07-08-2014, 07:18 AM
If I don't dream it, I'll never do it!

Amen Brother!!!:clap2:

Paul B Blues
07-19-2014, 06:00 AM
Just took a quick run out to Loch Ness to get a picture for you all...... No sign of Nessie "KiltSmiley"

6981 6982

RickW
07-19-2014, 07:28 AM
That is pretty neat.
We use the Kuryakyn Pet Palace (http://store.valueaccessories.net/PetPalace.aspx). We have tried several, Teresa likes this one best. Everyone that makes one seems to send them to us to try and advertise.
It has been on the back of my Valkyrie, VN2000, her C90 and Spyder. He is usually on her bike, I feel weird with people taking pictures when we are going down the road. Dog doesn't seem to care which bike he is on, just likes to go. He has been riding since he was a puppy.
Picture below is on Teresa's C90 from a couple years ago.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/4199.JPG

Cool, i see you are having the dog with you! :yes: What kind of bag are you using?

On my first bike i had a bag on my tank and attached an additional windshield for our doggie Tinka:

Now on the F6B i am using a doggie bag which i can put around my shoulders:

SmallPasture
07-21-2014, 07:23 AM

a little one lane ranch road (RR341) on the east side of Marble Falls, tx. w/ that dang Spyder on my ass..

SmallPasture
07-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Just took a quick run out to Loch Ness to get a picture for you all...... No sign of Nessie "KiltSmiley"

6981 6982

Hopefully you can find it!! I'm just about to give up watching all the shows that say they can find it!:icon_lol:

Paul B Blues
07-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Hopefully you can find it!! I'm just about to give up watching all the shows that say they can find it!:icon_lol:

I lived in Inverfarigaig on the banks of Loch Ness for thee years, and I have to say you can imagine how something could live in the deep waters, but I doubt Nessie is actually real. It might be to the Tourist Industry, but to the rest of us it ain't.

Darren
07-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Short trip round the South Coast of Nova Scotia with a few friends

Kurare79
07-25-2014, 01:58 PM
@Rick: That bag looks very comfortable for the dog! Thank you for the hint! :yes:

It's FRIDAY NIGHT! You all have a great WEEKEND!

Steve 0080
07-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Going out Sat night for a few hours...get some riding in and an early breakfast!!!! Back before the sun comes up!!!