PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control?

imported_PA_F6Ber
07-04-2014, 05:20 PM
I found this on one of the Honda Dealer sites.

Adjustable Suspension

On a touring motorcycle, how much weight you carry constantly changes. From passenger to no passenger, from fully loaded to empty saddlebags, you need an adjustable suspension that’s also easy to adjust. The F6B features a rear Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single shock. Best of all, the spring preload adjustment is remote-controlled.

If this is true where is the "remote control" located?

Thanks,
Carl

Coop creek
07-04-2014, 07:31 PM
There's a knob to adjust preload behind the right side panel. Open the right saddlebag door first and pull the panel off. The panel has the "F6B" emblem on it.

imported_PA_F6Ber
07-04-2014, 10:12 PM
There's a knob to adjust preload behind the right side panel. Open the right saddlebag door first and pull the panel off. The panel has the "F6B" emblem on it.

Thanks for the reply but I know what the "unit" looks like and where's it's located but the write-up implies that it's remote control and if you have to remove that side cover that doesn't seem too remote to me. I believe the standard Goldwing can be adjusted on-the-fly via a toggle switch on one of the instrument panels.

Carl

Steve 0080
07-04-2014, 11:06 PM
It is "remote" because you have to pull the side cover to find it!!!

Coop creek
07-05-2014, 06:55 AM
On my Harley I had to use a rubber strap wrench to turn the shock and adjust preload so compared to that, the F6B has a "remote control", though I agree, the term implies an electronic remote. But you know this.

Ixol Phaane
07-05-2014, 08:55 AM
On my Harley I had to use a rubber strap wrench to turn the shock and adjust preload so compared to that, the F6B has a "remote control", though I agree, the term implies an electronic remote. But you know this.

As I kid, I learned a loooooooooong :shock: time ago that any "remote control" toy had a wired controller. The really cool toys were "radio controlled". I guess this adjuster falls into the former category because it is located remotely from the shock. :icon_rolleyes:

Hornblower
07-05-2014, 10:13 AM
From my perspective, where this ad went a bit wrong was describing it as remote-controlled. For sure, the adjuster is mounted remotely and, in that sense, is remote but it's the "controlled" part that misleads. That said, I come from the R/C world where remote-controlled means something entirely different than what we see here.

Coop creek
07-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi ken. I fly R/C planes. I have a remote control for my TV too. Doesn't everyone pretty much think of a wireless connection when they hear the term?

So what should it be called...remotely adjustable suspension?

Peter

Ixol Phaane
07-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Perhaps the term "remote adjustable" should have been used in the ad? :shrug:

Edit - Darn you, Coop Creek! You're almost as fast as my yellow F6B! :icon_biggrin:

badpapi
07-05-2014, 02:08 PM
still very ease to do compare to all my previous Honda bikes 2006 vtx 1800 n,2003 shadow sabre, the vtx was kind of ez but still was a pita with the stupid tool provide by Honda . I haven't touch the one on the f6 yet but going to play with it now.
wath is the recommend setting for solo ?
and on the weekends I ride two up wich is the best setting ?

Hornblower
07-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Hi ken. I fly R/C planes. I have a remote control for my TV too. Doesn't everyone pretty much think of a wireless ********** when they hear the term?

Peter

Yes, Peter, :agree: That's a much more accurate description, IMO.

So, you currently fly R/C? What type...electric, 3D, heli's, ??? I flew R/C for about 8 years but gave it up to pursue other interests. I designed and built the first "Super Hots" which Great Planes ending up kitting. It had a YZ45 motor turning around 17,000 rpm with a tuned pipe and was really, really fast and flew like a dream. If fact, the then editor of Model Airplane News offered to buy it from me but I was too in love with it at the time. That particular airplance was scratch-built and I used quite a bit of carbon fiber to keep it light and super strong. I destroyed most of my planes by trying things too close to the ground (interpret that as flying stupid). As you know, a 4-point roll is much more impressive at 10' off the ground and over 100 mph :icon_biggrin: That one special plane survived until I finally did sell it. After that, nothing else came close and I finally gave it up altogether.

Ixol Phaane
07-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Hi ken. I fly R/C planes. I have a remote control for my TV too. Doesn't everyone pretty much think of a wireless ********** when they hear the term?

Peter

Did you try to use the word "connect-ion" in your post?
I had an issue with the word displaying as asterisks also in another forum post.

Hey, Mod! What's up with that?
**********, **********, **********!

motozeke
07-05-2014, 08:54 PM
"Remote preload adjuster" is a pretty conventional way of describing what is on the F6B. Shocks that do not have a remote preload adjuster require a spanner like this:

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadimage/dpage/8242010_174735.jpg

The full Wing has more like what you are describing, which is the ability to control the preload through the dash.