PDA

View Full Version : I found an interesting quote while doing some research...

mtcgun
07-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Just brushing up a little bit on my outlaw biker group information in preparation for an upcoming biker rally coming in my community, I found this quote from Sonny Barger :
“ In terms of pure work-manship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "Fuck Harley-Davidson." ”
—- Ralph "Sonny" Barger, Hell's Angel

richw56
07-06-2014, 11:04 PM
I remember seeing that quote a while back.
Very interesting.
I've often wondered how many 'Harley Guys' are even aware of it.

Scotrod
07-07-2014, 08:01 AM
There does seem to be a fascination with what other riders think,,, :shrug:

XKnight
07-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Sonny has been riding a Victory Vision for a few years now unless he recently switched to something else.

http://forum.motorcycle-usa.com/attach.aspx/17515/Sonny%20B%20on%20Victory.jpg

mikey
07-08-2014, 01:19 PM
yea, i read that several years ago as well. it just proves that any one with common sense, and has rode enough knows the obvious about h-d., if they are honest with themselves. with that said, i have several friends that will always ride the harley, and i'm glad they enjoy them.

Scotrod
07-08-2014, 03:30 PM
All bikes have their strong points. Even if the bike itself isn't the best at what it's made for, if it's 'popular', for whatever reason,,,,, folks will buy 'em. :shrug:

HD did have it's 'bad boy' appeal,,,, up until every Clerk, Lawyer, and Accountant started buyin 'em,,, Now you see just a bunch of Pirates playing 'dress-up' on the weekends,,, :icon_rolleyes:

HD did have a nice sound,,,, (yes, 'did' have,,,)

I often wondered how many bikes HD would have sold if all bikes were silent,,, :shrug:

Sonny? Quite the life story. Glad he was the one who lived it and not myself. He's in his mid-seventies now, I believe.

Vision? Almost thought I wanted one at one time,,, It was on the 'short list' before I got the 6.

bobbyf6b
07-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Sonny has been riding a Victory Vision for a few years now unless he recently switched to something else.

I've seen him on the Victory a few times but I saw him hanging out at the Indian tent in April. (AZ Bikeweek)

I haven't seen him riding an Indian yet tho. Both are built by Polaris so it wouldn't be a big leap.

XKnight
07-09-2014, 06:21 PM
I've seen him on the Victory a few times but I saw him hanging out at the Indian tent in April. (AZ Bikeweek)

I haven't seen him riding an Indian yet tho. Both are built by Polaris so it wouldn't be a big leap.

I wouldn't be surprised if Indian was courting him and gave him a free bike for advertising and marketing purposes. Regardless of whether folks like the guy or agree with his life decisions, he is an icon of American motorcycling. Good, bad or ugly, having Sonny Barger riding an Indian will help promote the brand.

XKnight
07-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Looks like Sonny is riding an Indian now after all. In the vid he says he took his Victory in for service and they said it couldn't be ready in time so they gave him an Indian to ride and he never brought it back.:icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmv5DWAOfC0