PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else here wear a Roadcrafter on your F6B?

motozeke
07-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Just picked up an Aerostich Roadcrafter (a new R3) after having my riding buddies swear over it like fanatics. Have run in my first 500 miles (much of it in 104+ degree weather) and I can say this so far: they weren't kidding! This thing vents like a mutha****, goes on and off easy, and allows me to wear lightweight, breathable street clothes underneath. Between the Madstad and the hand wings, there was a good amount of airflow; then when I stood up on the pegs it was like somebody was pumping air conditioning into my suit! Here's a pick:

For the bandana & leather vest crowd: this probably isn't for you. :icon_wink:

For everybody else, this is a serious pro-level piece of kit. Consider it if you're in the market for full protection riding gear.

F6BLK
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
you're probably right at $1000 plus its not for me!

hiflyer
07-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Bought my first one in '94. Have both 1 piece and 2 piece. Love em, and ya just feel right wearing them. That said, in the hottest months I wear a mesh jacket and pants when touring.

darcym
07-07-2014, 10:10 PM
A lot of the BMW guys are using them or other similar full suits. I haven't bit the bullet yet, but would really like to have one. They are pricey but can be custom fit, and Aerostitch frequently has fitting sessions at other locations around the country, including many of the bigger rallies, if you can't get to Minnesnowta.

They are technically loaded, crash worthy, and I hear quite comfortable. Zip out to your shorts when you stop, and zip back in for the ride in about as much time as it takes to put on a jacket. And Aerostitch will repair them for as long as you own it.

motozeke
07-07-2014, 10:11 PM
you're probably right at $1000 plus its not for me!

So if it were the price of a leather vest and a bandana, you'd wear it? :icon_lol:

motozeke
07-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Zip out to your shorts when you stop, and zip back in for the ride in about as much time as it takes to put on a jacket.

Yes, this for sure. I wore lightweight hiking pants and shirt from REI underneath, the kind of stuff that breathes really well, and I never felt swampy even in the high heat. Zip off the Stich and it's heaven at a stop. I'm really glad I got the 1-piece.

Bruce B
07-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Has anyone tried it with the LD Comfort base layer? LD Comfort keeps me in good shape well over 100 degrees. Follow the instructions and it functions like a swamp cooler. Great stuff.

Steve 0080
07-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Sooooooo what wrong with a leather vest and a bandana...... I actually like spending money...thought about this suit real hard, got measured and decided that at 100% humidity and a heat ended of 115....maybe not......then on the other hand a very bright young man said," I would rather sweat than bleed"
to each their own...

SmallPasture
07-08-2014, 07:44 AM
.then on the other hand a very bright young man said," I would rather sweat than bleed"
to each their own...

Right Fart Smeller that young man is!!:duck:

Scotrod
07-08-2014, 08:05 AM
then on the other hand a very bright young man said," I would rather sweat than bleed"

And this old man just smiles and says he would rather sit in the A/C than sweat,,,, :icon_razz:

Deer Slayer
07-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Will it keep deer away? Most likely not, but will assist in keeping meat on your bones:yikes:

F6BPDX
07-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Will it keep deer away? Most likely not, but will assist in keeping meat on your bones:yikes:

I figure the best way not to hit a deer is just to ride a couple of seconds behind you. :wrong::beer3:

ff73148
07-08-2014, 07:08 PM
I just bought a two piece suit. Great workmanship. I'll be using it more in the cold weather. Hot summers with a lot of traffic here in NJ.

Deer Slayer
07-08-2014, 07:42 PM
I figure the best way not to hit a deer is just to ride a couple of seconds behind you. :wrong::beer3:

At least 5 seconds in deer areas. 5 sec gives the deer a chance to run between cycles. However deer do not read the book or road signs.

Alberta Beagle
07-09-2014, 09:03 AM
I bought a 2piece Roadcrafter last year.
Definitely to quality and fit as well as great function.

Beagle

FlatSixBagger
07-09-2014, 10:18 AM
This how I roll...