PDA

View Full Version : Front LED Light Rings

RickW
07-09-2014, 04:09 PM
We are going to be offering Front LED Light Rings in White and Amber.
We are trying to gauge how much interest there would be in this product.

These Custom LED Light Rings have 93 Nano Size LED's in each ring. They are extremely bright and are the equivalent of daylight driving lights.
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and have had comments on them everywhere we pulled in or parked the bike.
The white will come with the wiring and extension for each side. The amber will also come with the Full LED Illumination Modules with Blinker (pr) (http://store.valueaccessories.net/FullLEDIlluminationModulewithBlinker.aspx) so they will be running and blinkers. The blinkers would blink opposite of the bike blinkers. This is a very unique product and looks amazingly good on the bike and lit up.
You would have a couple of different options on wiring. You could hook up to existing wires on each side very easily for just running lights. Turn them on with a switch. Or for turn signals break into your turn signal wires and running lights with a kuryakyn front wiring adapter.
Exact pricing has not been set but it appears that the Amber set with Blinker Modules would list for $129.95 and we would be able to sell for $123.45.
The Whites probably would be around $100 and we would sell for $95. These are made by TricLed and are also covered by warranty through them. We have had extremely good luck with their products, mostly for Spyders.

Pictures below shown on our own F6B. The lights are so bright that it is very difficult to take at night. We have on shot from Rege at TricLed of his at night.
Rick

Fla_rider
07-09-2014, 06:58 PM
So here's my questions-
I'm assuming you'll sell them in pairs? One pair for hi, one for low. What if my hi beam rings were on when I had low beams on, and ice versa. Or what if high beams I bought yellow to blink and low beams rings only came on when hi beams were on. I like seeing the rings but not with the light on, am I crazy? :stirthepot:

RickW
07-09-2014, 08:40 PM
So here's my questions-
I'm assuming you'll sell them in pairs? One pair for hi, one for low. What if my hi beam rings were on when I had low beams on, and ice versa. Or what if high beams I bought yellow to blink and low beams rings only came on when hi beams were on. I like seeing the rings but not with the light on, am I crazy? :stirthepot:

They are for a Pair (set) you can only mount one pair on the bike. You can see from the pictures where they go. One LED Ring on each side. You use either the White or Amber.
You will not wire them to your low or high beams for your headlights, you use them as running lights.
You would wire them as stated above, one of a couple of ways.
Example: For the white you would have them wired to a source that is hot when your key is turned to on like the accessory plug on the left side and the heated grip supply wire and ground on the right side, that is an option. There are several options for wiring.

Fla_rider
07-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Oh :banghead: I'm slow they're not front LED light rings, their badge lights! Now all we need is badges made to take advantage of the illumination! Sorry for the misunderstanding with all the pics I got confused!

smokinjoe187
07-09-2014, 09:37 PM

These Custom LED Light Rings have 93 Nano Size LED's in each ring. They are extremely bright and are the equivalent of daylight driving lights.
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and have had comments on them everywhere we pulled in or parked the bike.
The white will come with the wiring and extension for each side. The amber will also come with the Full LED Illumination Modules with Blinker (pr) (http://store.valueaccessories.net/FullLEDIlluminationModulewithBlinker.aspx) so they will be running and blinkers. The blinkers would blink opposite of the bike blinkers. This is a very unique product and looks amazingly good on the bike and lit up.
You would have a couple of different options on wiring. You could hook up to existing wires on each side very easily for just running lights. Turn them on with a switch. Or for turn signals break into your turn signal wires and running lights with a kuryakyn front wiring adapter.
Exact pricing has not been set but it appears that the Amber set with Blinker Modules would list for $129.95 and we would be able to sell for $123.45.
The Whites probably would be around $100 and we would sell for $95. These are made by TricLed and are also covered by warranty through them. We have had extremely good luck with their products, mostly for Spyders.

Pictures below shown on our own F6B. The lights are so bright that it is very difficult to take at night. We have on shot from Rege at TricLed of his at night.
Rick

+1:clap2:

SmallPasture
07-10-2014, 07:31 AM
You Couldn't have timed this any better Rick!!! I just got the final pics of my "Hambly Badges" and although they stand on their own they will be off the chart rockin' w/ an amber backglow!!!:banana:

I'm in for a pair Fo' Sho'!!!! :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Santa coming early!!

RickW
08-26-2014, 06:43 PM
We have some of these LED Ring Sets available now.
We had some pre-orders which are sent out now and I am bringing a few sets down to the Rally in Franklin this week for people that e-mailed and asked us to bring them down.
I am also bringing another two sets down to the Rally, one set to Auction off to help pay for the Rally and one set to give away with the free raffle.
We do only have the White LED's available for now.
If you want to order a set or see more information click here.
White LED Light Rings, Gold Wing 12+ / F6B (pr) (http://store.valueaccessories.net/WhiteLEDLightRingsGoldWing12andF6B.aspx) (link)

Rick

Injun Joe
08-26-2014, 07:01 PM

Rick

I'll be looking for the ambers. I think they would not only look great but be an awesome safety feature. One comment though confuses me a little. They aren't meant to show THROUGH badges, are they? Besides, our Hambley badges are solid, aren't they? (I guess you might not know the answer to that last part, but someone will chime in I'm sure.)

RickW
08-26-2014, 09:40 PM
I'll be looking for the ambers. I think they would not only look great but be an awesome safety feature. One comment though confuses me a little. They aren't meant to show THROUGH badges, are they? Besides, our Hambley badges are solid, aren't they? (I guess you might not know the answer to that last part, but someone will chime in I'm sure.)

These are LED Ring's that go around the badge. Take a look at the product page, there is a very good description. Can not shine through, they are around the badge and project outward. These are as bright as daylight driving lights.

Hopefully we can get some Amber's in soon.
White LED Light Rings, Gold Wing 12+ / F6B (pr) (http://store.valueaccessories.net/WhiteLEDLightRingsGoldWing12andF6B.aspx)

srt8-in-largo
08-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Yup; interested. I like the turn signal usage model... but I would wire them as courtesy lighting.

When I pull into my carport at night it's pitch black; and having just looked at the road with headlights on, my pupils are dilated and I can't see a thing. I would wire these to a switch so I could turn them on after I shut the bike down... so that I'm not sitting in complete darkness trying to fumble my way to the door.

Further, I'd wire the off switch through a timer so the lights stay on for about 30 seconds while I walk to my door.

fxdl2051
08-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Yup; interested. I like the turn signal usage model... but I would wire them as courtesy lighting.

When I pull into my carport at night it's pitch black; and having just looked at the road with headlights on, my pupils are dilated and I can't see a thing. I would wire these to a switch so I could turn them on after I shut the bike down... so that I'm not sitting in complete darkness trying to fumble my way to the door.

Further, I'd wire the off switch through a timer so the lights stay on for about 30 seconds while I walk to my door.

That's a great idea. I wish they would come up with some kinda accent ring around the headlight, like Angel Eyes for the non HID crowd.

Injun Joe
08-27-2014, 07:35 AM

Why not just the timer and forego the switch then? I could see doing that myself... Except I never trust the timers!

srt8-in-largo
08-27-2014, 01:27 PM
When I have groceries in the bike I need a couple of trips to get everything unloaded which takes more than 30 seconds.

Interesting though... I like the concept of simplicity... maybe a 5 minute timer would work instead of the switch.

RickW
08-27-2014, 02:59 PM
When I have groceries in the bike I need a couple of trips to get everything unloaded which takes more than 30 seconds.

Interesting though... I like the concept of simplicity... maybe a 5 minute timer would work instead of the switch.

That's a pretty good idea. This may work for that application. http://www.delcity.net/store/Time-Delay-Relay/p_804415.h_804416.t_1

srt8-in-largo
08-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Oh nice! That would be a perfect timer.

RickW
08-27-2014, 07:03 PM
That's a great idea. I wish they would come up with some kinda accent ring around the headlight, like Angel Eyes for the non HID crowd.

The Kuryakyn Skinni Minni's (http://store.valueaccessories.net/SkinniMiniUltraBrightLEDStripLights.aspx) are the easiest for what you might be in reference to around the headlights.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/SkinniMiniAmber.jpg

fxdl2051
08-27-2014, 11:22 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of a solid continous bezel lit the same as the tank badge light that would go around each headlight, don't know if it would be do able or not.