PDA

View Full Version : Came across this LED lighted Jacket

WingStuff
07-10-2014, 10:49 AM
What do you all think about this Impulse Lighted LED Jacket? Safety is key after all, right? I read the article and thought it was an interesting concept. Could you see yourself wearing one?

Full Article: http://www.digitaltrends.com/fitness-apparel-reviews/impulse-motorcycle-jacket-review/#!bbKGmJ

http://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/p235x350/10371369_10152317223473621_462519446637606924_n.jp g

Sorcerer
07-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Interesting concept if you ride one up. Or buy two jackets.

F6BLK
07-10-2014, 11:09 AM
maybe on a bicycle?

SmallPasture
07-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Interesting......

Now if it comes w/ a disco ball and some ABBA tunes, I'm in!!!:tequila:

F6BPDX
07-10-2014, 02:07 PM
I actually really like it. They need to refine it a bit to look less cobbled together, but the Idea is very solid.

Would be interesting to see something similar done with an LED strip for a helmet. Something that could do full strip red when braking and do a half flashing yellow for turn signals.

SmallPasture
07-10-2014, 02:59 PM
I actually really like it. They need to refine it a bit to look less cobbled together, but the Idea is very solid.

Would be interesting to see something similar done with an LED strip for a helmet. Something that could do full strip red when braking and do a half flashing yellow for turn signals.

I could use that ^^^ walking around in any major tourist destination! Keep my little ass from getting run over when I stop in front of yall 6+ footers! :bump: :icon_lol:

Elroy
07-10-2014, 03:10 PM

A few weeks ago when I was out I saw some helmets (forget the brand) that had an LED strip on the back that could be full-on, strobe, or blinking. Pretty neat idea.

Phantom
07-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Ugly or not, my opinion has always been ….. nothing wrong with making yourself as visible as possible.

Pulsating headlights, pulsating rear lights, NEON strips, night glow reflective tape etc ….. what ever it takes to make yourself noticeable is always a plus. Live to ride another day and don't worry about if this is not the latest fashion statement. Too many riders being hurt or killed simply because the cagers never saw them.

Just my 2 cents :icon_wink::yes:

Kurare79
07-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Many of my older motorcycle friends wear black while riding their bikes. They say, they have worn black the last 30 to 40 years, why should they now wear the colours of doped pylons? I personally tend to lighter colours to be more recognized on the street. So i think with such a jacket they have their black, but also something recognizable.

SmallPasture
07-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Many of my older motorcycle friends wear black while riding their bikes. They say, they have worn black the last 30 to 40 years, why should they now wear the colours of doped pylons? I personally tend to lighter colours to be more recognized on the street. So i think with such a jacket they have their black, but also something recognizable.

Good point!!:yes:

Wild Bill
07-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Cool idea but I would be afraid the caggers would be checking out the leds on the jacket and miss my brake light..

So heres a thought.It should have a remote sensor that plugs into the trailer wire harness and the LED's on the jacket work as run,turn and stop lights.

Wild Bill
07-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Cool idea but I would be afraid the caggers would be checking out the leds on the jacket and miss my brake light..

So heres a thought.It should have a remote sensor that plugs into the trailer wire harness and the LED's on the jacket work as run,turn and stop lights.

Ok next time I will read the article before commenting.

Steve 0080
07-10-2014, 10:47 PM
There is a Helmet out there somewhere that has a brake light built into it...