PDA

View Full Version : F6B questions for a potential buyer

foodog2
07-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Hi all from Bama, I am looking for a new bike to set up as a sidecar rig. Please no flames for the hack, I need 3 wheels... Anyway, I am down to the F6B or a Regular Wing. I just like the look of the F6B more and can live without the reverse and cruise. My main question is about the regular or Delux, my dealer has a few leftovers of each and suggested I buy the regular since I don't need the center stand and use the $1k to add the stuff I want like heated grips 12v plug, hitch, and a rider backrest. Said they would do some non honda acc parts for the 1k. Said I would get what I want for less than the delux. Is he blowing smoke? I have always has canceling turn as a HD guy... Too bad only fast red bikes in stock, I am tempted to drive to Arkansas for a colored bike but no 13 incentives...

Wild Bill
07-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Well I bought the standard and order a backrest.Then found I needed plates to mount it.Ended up with $500 in just the back rest.
I would suggest if you are wanting the 12v plug in the side pocket to get it from wing stuff.Like $12.But order at least a $100 and you will get free shipping on it.I got a trailer hitch from them for $169. and have been pleased with it.
As for me if I had it to do again I would get the deluxe. Just my opinion. Good choice on bikes.Got 17K on mine and very happy with it.

foodog2
07-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks Bill, that is what I am thinking. I can get the deluxe and use the cash for other stuff. I am struggling with my Harley ego to buy the F6b but she said I can keep the HD for when I ride solo :)

XKnight
07-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Thanks Bill, that is what I am thinking. I can get the deluxe and use the cash for other stuff. I am struggling with my Harley ego to buy the F6b but she said I can keep the HD for when I ride solo :)

We have a bunch of former Harley riders that now own an F6 and I have yet to hear any of them say they regret the move. I've owned Harleys for many years and still have one in my garage, but I'm giving serious thought to selling it since I just don't see myself riding it much anymore after experiencing the F6. I took my Harley for a spin to get it inspected a week ago and it just doesn't seem as fun as it use too be. :icon_frown:

hoglaw
07-11-2014, 10:17 PM
This is my first non-Harley in 25 years and I waited too long to make the switch. One of my Harleys was an Ultra with sidecar. Believe me, you will want that reverse at some point. And the cruise is a necessity with a sidecar on long trips.

I don't like the full Wing and am happy with my F6B, but if I was thinking of another side car I would go for the full Wing.

Like someone said above, if you buy the F6B go for the Deluxe. I bought the Standard and after having the back rest installed the money was real close. I doubt I'll miss the center stand, self cancelling turn signals, or center stand, but for the money difference it was a mistake.

foodog2
07-12-2014, 06:40 AM
This is my first non-Harley in 25 years and I waited too long to make the switch. One of my Harleys was an Ultra with sidecar. Believe me, you will want that reverse at some point. And the cruise is a necessity with a sidecar on long trips.

I don't like the full Wing and am happy with my F6B, but if I was thinking of another side car I would go for the full Wing.

I currently ride an ultra with a sidecar and it is my second rig without reverse so I can live with it. I pull a aspen camper some and I ride in a group 90% of the time and we never go on the slab. We try to only ride two lane roads so cruise is rarely if ever used now and a throttle lock will be good enough to scratch nose. CB is actually a bigger deal than both of those things, but there are CB options for the F6B too. It's just a cool looking bike!

I am really torn between HD Roadglide or the F6B and honestly I think it's my HD induced ego that's the biggest hurdle.

Spanky
07-12-2014, 07:21 AM
Foo, I hear you, I used to bleed orange and black. Rode an electraglide standard, classic, and limited. Last one was a hopped up streetglide. Which I still have for now.....http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/4563824839.html

I have never been happier with the switch. The GL handles like a dream, is amazingly comfortable, has many accessories thanks to Rick, and the folks at biker MP3, rivco and so on ( BTW they are cheaper than the Hundred Dollar store) All my HD buddies think it's cool looking, and it helps that this bike can smoke the most expensive custom built bike at a much lower cost. In fact, most have switched from HD to victory or F6B.

Most importantly, I just have fun on this bike. it is amazing. That being said, I have the same bitches about cruise, forward controls, and windshields, but baggershield hooked me up for under 2 bills, Rivco for another 2, and a 20 buck throttle lock sealed the deal.

I found this from a local dealer- http://www.schroaders.com/product.sc?productId=229&categoryId=21

Good luck on your search, and this forum has been a great tool for community, advice, and a giggle or two...

F6BLK
07-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Get the deluxe paint it what you want! the heated grips self cancelling turn signals are really what I like! My father in law rides with a bunch of triked out Harleys And said their shifting all the time up and down...underpowered!I like the idea of keeping the Harley to putt around on!

jkelley
07-12-2014, 11:33 AM

LOL, I kept my CVO Road Glide for about a year. I put a grand total of 12 miles on it, I let it go. Not looking back either. My Road Glide was a great bike, and never had a minutes trouble with it. But straight out of the box the F6 is hard to beat.

fxdl2051
07-12-2014, 11:44 AM
As a former hack driver, I have to say a chair + 840 lb tug may make you rethink a reverse gear.

XKnight
07-12-2014, 11:56 AM
LOL, I kept my CVO Road Glide for about a year. I put a grand total of 12 miles on it, I let it go. Not looking back either. My Road Glide was a great bike, and never had a minutes trouble with it. But straight out of the box the F6 is hard to beat.

I would hope that in only 12 miles it was trouble free.:icon_lol: Did you forget to add a few zeros?