PDA

View Full Version : crash video

srt8-in-largo
07-12-2014, 01:26 PM
They say half of motorcycle crashes are from other vehicles encroaching your right of way.

Well that must mean the other half is from dumb motorcycle riders.

I hope this video causes at least one more person to pay attention and drive better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4qpZdP_sX8#t=309

Cool Hand Luke
07-12-2014, 02:56 PM
I guess all the riders forgot the saying: Expect the unexpected.

I think the following comment summarizes it well: (that's not me btw):

srt8-in-largo
07-12-2014, 03:47 PM
I agree with that and would add one more to the motorcycle offense list: rider riding beyond his capabilities.

darcym
07-13-2014, 12:46 AM
Brake first then crash if you must. Waiting for something else to stop you ... :nono: :banghead: (I only watched the first few ... couldn't handle any more tonight)

Kurare79
07-13-2014, 01:54 AM
I don't know about the numbers in the US, but i can give you a few of Germany, which should be similar.

every sixth dead in traffic is a motorcyclist
more than the half of the killed motorcyclists are older than 30 years (56,5%) with a high rise in the ages between 40 and 50 (midlife crisis?).
motorcyclists on sport bikes, naked bikes, sport tourers are more often involved in accidents than choppers, cruisers.
if there's a crash between a car and a motorcycle, in more than 70% it is the car drivers fault
three main reasons for accidents: high speed, insufficient safety distance, overtake in obscure traffic
most dead motorcyclists in August

Let's all be aware in traffic and still have fun with this wonderful hobby!

Steve 0080
07-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Lets be careful out there ...2 wheels will never win in a fight with 4 wheels!!!

srt8-in-largo
07-13-2014, 03:02 PM
These crash scenes are actually pretty tame.

You guys have seen what can really happen out there (i.e. dismemberment, etc)... but tame should be enough to remind us.