PDA

View Full Version : Which Polish did I like best......

CheckpointChcky
07-14-2014, 04:25 PM
When I first got the 6, I treated it to Liquid Glass after washing the bike first. I liked the result. It was easy on and easy off. Then someone recommended Glare. So, I got a bottle and, after washing my bike today, applied the new polish. Again, it was easy on and easy off. The directions say to do a first treatment after washing of small, circular application in order to get to the bottom of oxidation issues. Since my bike is new, and already has 3 coats of Liquid Glass, I went to the second step of just applying the Glare to the shiny surfaces. I put it everywhere including the windshield. I tend to be a bit sloppy but it came right off the rubber and flat painted surfaces. I did get a little on the textured areas around the upper gas tank and that will take some water to get off. I would say that both products do an excellent job but I would give Glare just one point better with the finished process.

Fla_rider
07-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Tell me in a week if you don't see white streaks in the unpainted or plastic stuff.:yikes:

CheckpointChcky
07-14-2014, 08:46 PM
OK......I will keep you posted.

CheckpointChcky
07-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Update: I just went out and pulled the bike out of the car hole to look at yesterday's polish job. Where I used to have swirls there is nothing but shine. I had a bad spot on the right side of the gas tank where my helmet used to rub when I hung my helmet on the handlebar. I tried a lot of things to rub that out to no avail. This shined it right up. OK, so I now will only use Glare. I find it to be the best IMO.