PDA

View Full Version : My Mustang Tuck and Roll has been shipped....

CheckpointChcky
07-14-2014, 04:36 PM
I hope I like it because if I don't, it will come up for sale here.

98valk
07-14-2014, 06:04 PM
"Inquiring minds want to know", when did you place your order (I know that you probably have already told us, but I'm too lazy to search)?

Mine is on order, too! :clap2:

opas ride
07-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I am also curious as to when you ordered your seat?...Mine has been on order since June 12 according to the dealer where I placed the order and they were told last week it would 2 or 3 more weeks minimum....Not tuck and roll style the regular day tripper....

CheckpointChcky
07-14-2014, 06:48 PM
I ordered mine in 6/13/2014 but it was a re-order since I cancelled my first order. Maybe that is why mine is on its way now. He did tell me that it would be a 6-8 week wait and then changed that to 4-6 later.

98valk
07-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Thank you Guys/Gal. I appreciate the info. Hope I get mine in time for my late August trip.

As Always, sunny(shiny) side up!

Rustysocket
07-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Mine was ordered on 5/30. Just got a tracking number that it has shipped and will be delivered on 7/18. Tuck and roll as well.

FlatSixBagger
07-15-2014, 11:22 AM
mine took 5 weeks a week less than if I ordered it from Mustang

FlatSixBagger
07-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Install would have been very easy if I had these" http://wingstuff.com/products/35360-rust-free-easy-mount-seat-bolts-for-f6b ". HIGHLY recommend, although I did not have or use them probably add 20 mins to the install not having them turned it into a 40 min install, and I have rebuilt motorcycle motors. The taper ended with make all the difference in the world, also make sure you install which ever screw you decide to use, or you will most likely will strip the threads. Also get all 4 screw started before tighting any of them because you will need to readjust the seat holes with every screw, fun fun. hope this helps. It will be well worth it when done though.

CheckpointChcky
07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Thank you Guys/Gal. I appreciate the info. Hope I get mine in time for my late August trip.

As Always, sunny(shiny) side up!

That's a ways away....younshould have it by then if you ordered a few weeks ago.

CheckpointChcky
07-15-2014, 03:28 PM
It just arrived. I should have it put on sometime this weekend. Taking a trip to the ocean in Southport, NC tomorrow and I don't want to test ride a new seat that far yet.

RickW
07-15-2014, 04:15 PM
I am also curious as to when you ordered your seat?...Mine has been on order since June 12 according to the dealer where I placed the order and they were told last week it would 2 or 3 more weeks minimum....Not tuck and roll style the regular day tripper....

As of this moment we have everyone's seats shipped that has them on order with us including everyone that ordered in the last couple of days. We will be sending out tracking for the last couple of seats later today or tomorrow.
There were a few people that needed them for trips, etc., we did not want to promise but were expecting this large shipment soon.

We had a very large quantity on order from Mustang and finally got a big group to the front of the line.
Right now we have 4 Tuck and Roll F6B seats on the way to us that are not spoken for and are available for shipping as soon as we receive them later this week.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/MustangTripperFastbackSeatsHondaGoldWingF6B.aspx (http://store.valueaccessories.net/MustangTripperFastbackSeatsHondaGoldWingF6B.aspx)

98valk
07-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Wow, that is great news! Lucky me - thanks!! :clap2:

CheckpointChcky
07-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Me thinks I am going to need a backrest for this seat as well.

Ray H
07-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Ordered my Mustang Seat through Value-Accessories yesterday (7/14) and with a little divine intervention from Teresa, it was shipped same day from the factory. It's now in route to me in Arizona and scheduled for delivery on Monday (7/21). Great Service - Great Delivery. It don't get any better than that.:yes:

CheckpointChcky
07-15-2014, 06:51 PM
I'll say.... A lot of people had to wait many weeks due to the popularity of this seat.

opas ride
07-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Ray, was it the tuck and roll style or the standard tripper..I will really be pissed if it was a standard seat as I have been waiting almost 5 weeks for the one my dealer supposedly ordered and paid for on June 12.....

badpapi
07-15-2014, 09:05 PM
I'll say.... A lot of people had to wait many weeks due to the popularity of this seat.

now lets see how many people really like it .
i be waiting until they go on the for sale forum :kngt:
jk i really hope everyone's like it and give some feedback .

Ray H
07-15-2014, 11:56 PM
Ray, was it the tuck and roll style or the standard tripper..I will really be pissed if it was a standard seat as I have been waiting almost 5 weeks for the one my dealer supposedly ordered and paid for on June 12.....

It is the standard version and not the tuck & roll. Value Accessories had this seat on order for stock and it was not spoken for. If I would have ordered direct from the manufacturer or through my Honda Dealer, I'd probably be waiting until sometime in Aug or Sept for delivery. See Rick's post a few above my original concerning his stock of seats arriving this week. You can always check with Value Accessories and see if they have another standard model or grab one of the Tuck & Rolls. Get the model, availability & delivery you want and then cancel your existing order. Hope it works out for you.

SPGrenier
07-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Me thinks I am going to need a backrest for this seat as well.

I have the Mustang seat on my VTX and love it. I wanted another Mustang for the F6B but this time with a driver backrest option as I don't have one for the VTX. The good folks at Mustang told me that they don't have a driver backrest option so I ended up with an Ultimate setup. I know many who have the Ultimate seats on their VTXs and are very happy with them as well. I'm sure I will be as well.

The Mustang for this bike is a really good looking seat.

opas ride
07-16-2014, 01:44 PM
RayH..Talked with Theresa at Value Accessories this AM. She took my name and number and will let me know if they get the standard seat in stock before mine ever comes from the Honda dealer...Thanks for the advise and I wish now I had of listened to myself and ordered the thing from Value Accessories in the first place, as I could probably have it by now and saved some cash...Oh well, live and learn as they say!!

CheckpointChcky
07-16-2014, 01:57 PM
I have the Mustang seat on my VTX and love it. I wanted another Mustang for the F6B but this time with a driver backrest option as I don't have one for the VTX. The good folks at Mustang told me that they don't have a driver backrest option so I ended up with an Ultimate setup. I know many who have the Ultimate seats on their VTXs and are very happy with them as well. I'm sure I will be as well.

The Mustang for this bike is a really good looking seat.

I had the Ultimate on three of my previous bikes and loved them. But since I am short, I figured the Ultimate would raise me up on this already tall bike. That's why I ordered the Mustang. I will figure out the backrest issue some how.

CheckpointChcky
07-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Now it is for sale in the sale section.

XKnight
07-17-2014, 06:02 PM
I placed my order on June 30th from M&M Cycles and the Mustang seat shipped today. They said it would be about a 2 week wait before it shipped and they were right.

sub vet
07-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Ordered one yesterday, just called them to add to the order, and found it's already shipped! I'm one that could wait, ...... I don't even have the bike here yet, ...... but I'll have a seat waiting for it!!