PDA

View Full Version : How do F6B riders pack for long rides?

Mike
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
I am finding it hard to fit me and my wife's stuff for a week ride. Low backrest and short rack makes it hard to pack. Is there anyone else that makes a luggage rack for this bike? The OEM one is to small for me. Nice to have one that covered the trunk shell. Then I could load up a good size T-Bag etc. Do you use saddle bag liners? OEM or others? Other than pulling a trailer. If you have packed a lot or have any ideas. Give them up! Would love to hear the solutions. If any one knows its this great forum. Thanks!

ghostrider
06-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Check out "luggage for the weekend" thread.

MichaelG
06-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Mike, look at this post: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?296-rear-rack-for-f6b

These are made by a local Honda dealership owner, and he is on this forum. I know him, he does excellent quality work.

Mike
06-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Just went to there site. Thank you so much for the help. This is such a great forum. ghostrider and Miles Thank you.

MSGT-R
06-16-2013, 12:38 AM
I pack light like the Marine I am: Three sets of clothing (one on your back), one pair of non-bike shoes, a hat and hygene items. Maybe an extra tee shirt and shorts for under your riding gear on hot days. There are laundry mats everywhere, and most hotels have amenites. It should fit in one duffle that goes in the saddlebag. Plan so your items can be mixed-n-matched.

MichaelG
06-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Because I do not want the Marine in Terri to beat me up...I will lay off the jokes about mixing and matching the clothes.

I carry even less clothes than that, as I carry only two sets of the LDComfort underclothes (wearing one set), and the other set is packed.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/

Gumby
06-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Peter Egan had a good idea I've used on long rides.

Pack your oldest underwear, socks and shirts. Throw them out and buy new on the trip.

MichaelG
06-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Gumby, I believe that what Peter Egan actually suggested was to pack...and use...your oldest underwear, socks, and t-shirts, and after use, throw them out...and then buy new ones AFTER the ride, when you are back home.

Otherwise, you would spend a large amount of time while on the trip buying new clothes, and having to pack them into your bike.

This is an old IronButt Rally trick. Lighten the load as you go. Use up old clothing, leave it behind after you use it, and it lightens the packing load during an 11 day IBR event. Once back home, and your mind comes back to you (after the 11 day ride), then buy new clothes.

MSGT-R
06-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Because I do not want the Marine in Terri to beat me up...I will lay off the jokes about mixing and matching the clothes.

I carry even less clothes than that, as I carry only two sets of the LDComfort underclothes (wearing one set), and the other set is packed.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/

No plaid, no stripes!! :nono:

Steve 0080
06-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Add a day bag to the rear rack.....

Gumby
06-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Gumby, I believe that what Peter Egan actually suggested was to pack...and use...your oldest underwear, socks, and t-shirts, and after use, throw them out...and then buy new ones AFTER the ride, when you are back home.

Otherwise, you would spend a large amount of time while on the trip buying new clothes, and having to pack them into your bike.

This is an old IronButt Rally trick. Lighten the load as you go. Use up old clothing, leave it behind after you use it, and it lightens the packing load during an 11 day IBR event. Once back home, and your mind comes back to you (after the 11 day ride), then buy new clothes.

I don't think so. I bet i have the column somewhere.

Why pack 11 days worth of clothes? Especially back in the day when you were strapping a duffel on the back of a CB450. How much time does it take to buy a six pack of underwear? Not all of us are in a race to get somewhere. Sometimes it's nice to stop for a minute. If you buy halfway through the trip you come home with new in half the space.

MSGT-R
06-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Why are you guys so afraid of doing a little laundry when you stop for the night at a hotel? :icon_rolleyes: