PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of my first 300 miles.

Smoothcruz
07-16-2014, 07:50 AM
North Florida has been pummeled by storm showers since I bought by bike last Tuesday. Nevertheless, I've managed some daily rides and thanked God for the cooler weather. The taller windshield option on this bike was a welcome addition, thank you prior owner. I thought it too restrictive at first but noticed that a nice breeze hits your chest when you fully open the w.shield vent. The taller shield is also nice in blocking the torrential downpours.

The fairing is taking some getting use to. It's my first. I'm use to the w.shield turning with the bike. It is also very noticeable weight on the front-end that blocks a lot of wind. I'll take a Goldwing with just a clear shield on the front any day. Remember the Valkyrie Tourer? Give me one of those with this fuel injected engine and I'd trade this bike in a jiffy! I don't need a radio on a motorcycle. It's a distraction and I can't hear it clearly while I go down the road anyway. More weight and too many buttons.

I have to stop riding long enough to make the "keys with knobs" modifications for the bags and dashboard. That just blows my mind every time I have to get the key out of the ignition to open the bags or dashboard.

My girlfriend was disappointed at first with the low backrest. As we took our first ride she said the grab rails were handy to hold on to and she felt secure w/o the tall backrest. Her multi-ringed fingers scratched the paint off the grab rails, though. She was much happier with the overall comfort, smoothness a quietness of the F6B over the Harley Softail I traded for it.

The power and smoothness of this bike is very impressive. The handling for such a big bike is impressive, as well. The braking is far superior to any motorcycle I've had. It's needed to bring down such a heavy machine. The integrated braking takes some getting use to. It interferes with my slow speed maneuvers I've learned from my "Ride Like A Pro" D.V.D's. Once again, it just takes some getting use to.

I'm fixing to leave for a 450 mile ride today. More after that.

Scotrod
07-16-2014, 07:58 AM
I believe the new Valk will be out in 'touring' dress soon. I believe the shield/bags area already available as options.

Smoothcruz
07-16-2014, 03:21 PM
I believe the new Valk will be out in 'touring' dress soon. I believe the shield/bags area already available as options.

I hope the bags and shield are as big as the old Valkyrie.

Smoothcruz
07-16-2014, 03:22 PM
I didn't get to ride to Georgia today. Rained out AGAIN !:banghead:

ED209
07-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Hey man, I live in Hastings. I ride the faster RED model. :039:

I know what you mean about the rain, been riding to Palm Coast daily to see my father who had become ill with age. I've grown to enjoy riding in the rain now. :shock:

Say, is that you with a black model, your kinda tall, I think I seen you on hwy 207 passing through Hastings one day.

Welcome anyhow, enjoy..... :icon_cool:

Smoothcruz
07-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Hey man, I live in Hastings. I ride the faster RED model. :039:

I know what you mean about the rain, been riding to Palm Coast daily to see my father who had become ill with age. I've grown to enjoy riding in the rain now. :shock:

Say, is that you with a black model, your kinda tall, I think I seen you on hwy 207 passing through Hastings one day.

Welcome anyhow, enjoy..... :icon_cool:

That could have been me, I fit the description. We need to ride sometime.