PDA

View Full Version : Mustang seat

opas ride
07-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Another person that just received the Mustang seat claims it moved them back to far from bars. Does anyone really know just how far back in true inches, if any, this seat really does move the rider back...I have one on order, the standard tripper, and like the 1" lower aspect, but not keen on moving much farther back...Some have said, not much back, some said not noticeable, others said a "little"..Just curious as to what is just a "little" in real world inches....Thanks

FlatSixBagger
07-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Another person that just received the Mustang seat claims it moved them back to far from bars. Does anyone really know just how far back in true inches, if any, this seat really does move the rider back...I have one on order, the standard tripper, and like the 1" lower aspect, but not keen on moving much farther back...Some have said, not much back, some said not noticeable, others said a "little"..Just curious as to what is just a "little" in real world inches....Thanks, it depends on where you sit on the stock seat I'm 5'7" I use to sit further back on the stock seat so in short the mustang sit me closer because it does not slope like stock taking the ability to do that away. My shirts sleeves is 32/33 hope this helps

six2go
07-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Good question opas ride. I have been wondering the same thing. The reach to the bars with the stock seat is darn near perfect so I don't want to change that. Being short, I could tolerate(but don't NEED) the 1" lower. But then, if I'm too low I'll hafta get the Kury Mini Boards which are dropped 3/4" to compensate, then the boards will be draggin' in the twisties of NC. Maybe I'll just stick with my stock seat with the beaded cover for now. Seems to be working ok.

opas ride
07-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys for the response about the Mustang seat...I am just going to wait it out until mine comes, install the thing and hope for the best..Most who have this seat really like it...I also like the Ultimate, but wanted something lower which this seat seems to be and as I do not take long trips/rides much anymore the Mustang should work just fine....

Steve 0080
07-17-2014, 11:43 PM
I have the Mustang and have read all the threads on the seat.....the one thing that none of us have in common is arm length and THAT it the part that will make all the difference.....it depends on the length of YOUR arms as to how the seat with fit you....sad to see Chicky had to buy a seat and then sell it but she really had no choice but to try it and a fellow board member helped her out by buying it!!!!!

Kurare79
07-18-2014, 12:48 AM
As i've red in other threads, the Corbin and the Ultimate aren't water resistant. How about the Mustang? Rain isn't an unusual event in my area.

FlatSixBagger
07-18-2014, 08:03 AM
As i've red in other threads, the Corbin and the Ultimate aren't water resistant. How about the Mustang? Rain isn't an unusual event in my area. stock seat was wipe in go but it did not breath either, I know the Mustang breaths but absorb water like a sponge.

Kurare79
07-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Ah, ok. Not really the right thing for my area :icon_frown: Thanks for letting me know, FlatSixBagger!

Darkknight
07-24-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't have really short arms but I wanted to have my elbows bent more ergonomically when riding. I used a set of "Rocky's Risers". These risers not only brought the bars closer to me but the width of the bars became adjustable. Now when I ride my elbows are at a very comfortable almost 90 degree bend.

My Ultimate seat has a rider's backrest that is adjustable and that seems to push me even further forward. I do notice as I adjust the backrest forward, my Rivco flip out highway pegs seem closer, so I assume the backrest is pushing me forward.

Here is a picture with approximate dimensions to the top of the seat, not the adjustable backrest. That will come much further forward than the seat support.

Although I love my Ultimate Seat, I'm simply suggesting that an adjustable backrest may help push you closer to the bars. That's a raincover on the seat by the covered bridge. and the backrest is adjusted back.

Kurare79
07-24-2014, 01:24 PM
@DarkKnight: Thank you very much for your Illustration! Very helpful! :yes::yes::yes:.notworthy.

opas ride
07-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the input guys it was really appreciated..My son and I are going to try one more time this week-end to install the seat...If I get really "fed-up" I have talked to my dealer guy and he will attempt to do it for me...The head "techie guy" at Mustang did tell me today the seat is a "royal PITA" to install and he hears a lot of complaints from customers with the same issues I have..Anyhow, once, and if,it is on, most seem to like the seat and I need something lower, so I will give it my best...If not my dealer will try to work with Mustang to return the seat and I will look elsewhere....Maybe have Mean City Cycles see what they can do next winter when riding season is done here...