PDA

View Full Version : Rush Exhaust

RickW
07-16-2014, 09:06 PM
I looked at several different exhausts before deciding which exhaust to install on our F6B.
We have had numerous people stop by in the last couple months with several different exhausts installed. I was able to listen to all. Of all brands that we sell and don't sell I liked the Rush Racing Slip-Ons best.
We decided to start carrying Rush Exhaust and tonight installed a set on our own F6B.

We promised multiple people in the last couple of weeks that we would post as soon as we got them installed so they could stop by and see what they thought.
I went with the 2.25" baffles based on Rush's recommendations. The 2.25" baffles will give everyone a base line reference to listen to. Baffles are available in 2.0", 2.25" and 2.5" Baffles.
I will have them listed in the next couple of days. We are only going to list the F6B with the longer tips that you see installed on our bike. They are more expensive, but will go to the end of the bags. Rush does not really recommend using tips on these bikes that end under the bag. Makes a mess under the bag and noisier.
List price for the Chrome is $539.95 for the Pipes with 4025B Tips, our price with shipping is going to be $482.95. the Black will be about $10 more.

The pipes sound great, nice rumble and smooths out at cruising speeds. Not to loud, but enough louder then stock to make most people happy. I will be putting some instructions on the page to help with installation to aid with the non existent instructions which came with them.

RickW
07-19-2014, 05:12 PM
We have the Rush Exhaust listed now.
If anyone has questions just give us a call.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/Slip-OnExhaustwithTipsGL1800.aspx (http://store.valueaccessories.net/Slip-OnExhaustwithTipsGL1800.aspx)

http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/F6BChrome.jpg

NCF6B
07-21-2014, 07:11 AM
Rick, great decision! I've run all 3sizes of baffles. agree 2.25 is good for local. May go back to 2.0 for long trips. Also agree with using pipe extended tips for all the same reasons you cited. Many compliments on the sound! More "Porsche" than Harley. Ride safe! Chuck

F6BPDX
07-21-2014, 01:29 PM
They really need to offer the 4025 tip (or any tip long enough to clear the bags) in chrome. Not a fan of the two tone look, which is the same reason I don't want to go black as I don't really want to mess with the heat shields. Any word on if they might do so?

RickW
07-21-2014, 01:36 PM
They really need to offer the 4025 tip (or any tip long enough to clear the bags) in chrome. Not a fan of the two tone look, which is the same reason I don't want to go black as I don't really want to mess with the heat shields. Any word on if they might do so?

I am pretty sure they will have the extended Tips in Chrome sometime soon. I was very hesitant about the Black Tips on there until it was installed. It looks really good in person.

Cleaver1
07-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Rick, have you had the bike out for a cruise on the open road? I would like your honest opinion on if there is any "drone" while cruising at speeds of 55 or 70mph.
I had a Valkyrie and I cut the "piggies", which made a deeper sound that was good while stopped, but very annoying at riding speeds.

Thanks, Marty

RickW
07-22-2014, 08:35 AM
I have but not for a long trip. It seems to mellow out a lot at cruising speeds. Leaving tomorrow morning for 6 days going through PA and WV and over to DC. Will be coming back west on Friday with my two boys to ride the Skyline Drive and then WV for a couple of Days. Will be riding our route for the SE Ohio Ride Sunday Afternoon and part of the day on Monday. Will be able to give you a pretty good idea on sound when on the bike all day for several days in a row. I had Tom T's Exhaust on my Valkyrie with Glass Pack's and Trombone inserts. It sounds good, a lot different then cutting the piggies. This is a different sound then with the Valkyrie. I will be able to tell, because our youngest son will be with me for the trip with my old Valkyrie. We will be at Groves Harley Davidson in Winchester VA on Friday Morning from about 8:30 AM till about noon if anyone wants to stop by. Mike Lamborne of MountainMan Art (He has painted all of our bikes) will be there for a dealer Open House. He is going to do some painting on our oldest sons bike.
Rick, have you had the bike out for a cruise on the open road? I would like your honest opinion on if there is any "drone" while cruising at speeds of 55 or 70mph.
I had a Valkyrie and I cut the "piggies", which made a deeper sound that was good while stopped, but very annoying at riding speeds.

Thanks, Marty

Cleaver1
07-22-2014, 10:15 AM
I went with the Mark T Packs and Stacks with bones and silencers on my Valk. I loved the sound with the packs and stacks, on night when I went to bike nights, I put in the bones for the noisy bunch. When the wife was along, she liked it quiet, so I ran with the silencers, still sounded good from the glasspacks but quiet for her. It was the best of all worlds. I wish someone would make packs and stacks for the GW style bikes.
Please post your findings after your trip. Sounds like a great trip is planned, enjoy.
Marty

RickW
07-22-2014, 10:26 AM
I went with the Mark T Packs and Stacks with bones and silencers on my Valk. I loved the sound with the packs and stacks, on night when I went to bike nights, I put in the bones for the noisy bunch. When the wife was along, she liked it quiet, so I ran with the silencers, still sounded good from the glasspacks but quiet for her. It was the best of all worlds. I wish someone would make packs and stacks for the GW style bikes.
Please post your findings after your trip. Sounds like a great trip is planned, enjoy.
Marty

My Mark T Exhaust still looks perfect after all these years. He did those for me in 1999 for my first Valk and went on the Valk we have now in 2002 when the first Valk was smashed when I hit the deer. I couldn't run it with just the Glass Packs, way to noisy for me. Cut the trombones off 5" and been great ever since. Our youngest son thinks he died and went to motorcycle heaven now with that bike. He gets people asking about it wherever he takes it. Because of the Emissions and Cat's Mark will not do exhaust for the new wings.

MinnetonkaMike
07-25-2014, 09:27 PM
My Mark T Exhaust still looks perfect after all these years. He did those for me in 1999 for my first Valk and went on the Valk we have now in 2002 when the first Valk was smashed when I hit the deer. I couldn't run it with just the Glass Packs, way to noisy for me. Cut the trombones off 5" and been great ever since. Our youngest son thinks he died and went to motorcycle heaven now with that bike. He gets people asking about it wherever he takes it. Because of the Emissions and Cat's Mark will not do exhaust for the new wings.

Rick - just out of curiosity what luggage rack is that pictured on your bike? Also, do you have a video with the sound from the new pipes?

Thanks!

FlaMike
07-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Leaving tomorrow morning for 6 days going through PA and WV and over to DC. Will be coming back west on Friday with my two boys to ride the Skyline Drive and then WV for a couple of Days.

I be interested in your thoughts on Skyline and WV. Along with Western PA, I plan on riding up that way next yr. Thanks.

RickW
07-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Rick - just out of curiosity what luggage rack is that pictured on your bike? Also, do you have a video with the sound from the new pipes?

Thanks!

The luggage Rack is from Show Chrome (http://store.valueaccessories.net/LuggageRackGoldWingF6B.aspx), I have the Smoke Chrome installed on ours. I really like it and looks perfect for the bike.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/52830.jpg

This is day 6 and I will be home later today. I have to pre ride a few more of the roads from our SE Ohio Ride (which is on 8/9/14) today before I head back. I came back up through SE Ohio yesterday through the storms and rain. Got so bad you could not ride, had to stop for about an hour or so when they had the severe storm warnings out. Even got wet under the pavilion at the rest area.

I was able to test the Rush Exhaust in about every condition.
If you are wanting exhaust that is louder then stock and sounds good this is for you. If you want something really loud, this is not for you. The Exhaust quiets out at cruising speed on the hwy or any roads. The exhaust will be a fair amount louder between about 2250 and 2750 rpm's while under power (accelerating). If you ride in town a lot and do not like louder exhaust this may not be for you, leaving stock would be what you want.
You are not going to get a V-Twin sound out of this engine. Trying to get as loud as my VN2000 with the F6B would get you something to me that would be very loud, a lot of droan and irritating to ride for a lot of people.
This is probably the best in-between that I have seen for something that sounds and looks good while still giving a decent sound that does not have any droan like a louder exhaust.
I forgot to have our oldest son make a video with sound of the F6B while on the Blue Ridge Pkwy, was going to do it. He has a go pro, and has some incredibly cool video that he took of us. He will be here for our SE Ohio ride next week and I will have him do it then.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/SkylineDR0714_zpsfb7fb262.jpg

ISLANDER1089
08-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Does anybody have a photo of a black F6B with black Rush slip ons and the long black tips?

Hornblower
08-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Does anybody have a photo of a black F6B with black Rush slip ons and the long black tips?

You mean like this:

bobbyf6b
08-23-2014, 08:33 PM
You mean like this:

That looks sweet!

ISLANDER1089
08-23-2014, 08:38 PM
You mean like this:

Mr. Hornblower thank you for the pic. Any other shots taken far enough away that I can see the entire bike?

Hornblower
08-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Mr. Hornblower thank you for the pic. Any other shots taken far enough away that I can see the entire bike?

Not until now...

ISLANDER1089
08-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Not until now...

I realize that style is a very personal thing but your bike is incredible. I think the windshield kind of spoils the lines but this is the best looking F6B that I've ever seen.
I'm currently riding a 2009 Harley Street Glide (black) but I am getting very tired of all the vibration and rattling from a relatively primitive machine. The two best things about this bike are the relaxed seating position and the electronic cruise control. I am considering a trade next spring. The fact that the F6B is manufactured in Japan means that I am not protected by the NAFTA agreement and must pay an additional 6.1% import duty which makes this bike more expensive up here if I buy in the US.
Thanks for sharing some amazing photographs.

Hornblower
08-24-2014, 12:55 PM
I realize that style is a very personal thing but your bike is incredible. I think the windshield kind of spoils the lines but this is the best looking F6B that I've ever seen.

Thanks, Islander! I appreciate the mostly positive remarks and, for sure, I appreciate your comment on the Madstad windshield. I'm not particularly fond of the look either but I'm all about function over form and, in that regard, the Madstad is awesome. My goal was to minimize the "look" by going with the clear top over the black base. I do think that helps. In the end though, it comes down to what our personal tastes are and what compromises we're willing to make to get what works for us :icon_biggrin:.

RickW
08-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Not until now...

Looks great.............

RcBtx1999
08-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Don't know if I will change the stock exhaust, but i bought a Mustang seat from y'all and it has made my bike a beast in the twisties. Love it. Thanks very much.

RickW
08-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't know if I will change the stock exhaust, but i bought a Mustang seat from y'all and it has made my bike a beast in the twisties. Love it. Thanks very much.

Understand completely about the exhaust.
Most everything about bikes is personal to the owner. That's what makes life interesting. Everyone likes something different. After having fairly loud bikes for the last (many) years I was on the fence about changing it out. I kind of liked it quiet for a change, but I couldn't leave it and had to get it a little bit louder. It is really nothing compared to my old Valkyrie.

srt8-in-largo
08-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Diggin it.

Nice bikes...

doktirbob
08-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Looks great.............

Most everything about bikes is personal to the owner. That's what makes life interesting. Everyone likes something different. After having fairly loud bikes for the last (many) years I was on the fence about changing it out. I kind of liked it quiet for a change, but I couldn't leave it and had to get it a little bit louder. It is really nothing compared to my old Valkyrie.

Hey Rick,
I just ordered the black Rush pipes with extended tips for my black f6b. I went ahead and got the 2.5" baffles....strangely my wife likes the bike louder. Awesome huh? Can I get the quieter baffles separately if I want quieter output? How much?
Thanks,
Michael

RickW
08-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Hey Rick,
I just ordered the black Rush pipes with extended tips for my black f6b. I went ahead and got the 2.5" baffles....strangely my wife likes the bike louder. Awesome huh? Can I get the quieter baffles separately if I want quieter output? How much?
Thanks,
Michael

You can. Teresa has all three sizes coming so we will have everything in stock.
They are $37.95 each.
I just put them on the store site. We have a couple of customers already that change them out for different types of riding.
Replacement Baffles for Rush Slip-On Exhaust, GL1800 01+ & F6B (http://store.valueaccessories.net/ReplacementBafflesRushSlip-OnExhaustGL1800andF6B.aspx) (link)

srt8-in-largo
08-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Is there a link somewhere that describes what these baffles are, what they do, and where they go?

RickW
08-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Is there a link somewhere that describes what these baffles are, what they do, and where they go?

They go in side the Muffler. They absorb more or less of the sound depending on size.

ALL57
08-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Hello,

Pics with a black wing and chrome Rush exhaust would be welcome...

Bruce B
08-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Not until now...

Beautiful bike. I'm a bit biased because I have the back Rush pipes with those same tips and also have a dark Madstad. I've been considering installing the Tech-Spec tank grips and it looks like that's what you've got there. Correct? I like the snake skin version. What do you have and how do you like it. How are they to keep clean? Any downside to them at all? Would you do it again? I think I'd really like them so would really appreciate getting your experience based opinion.

Thanks

firetech
09-25-2014, 08:40 PM
To Rick and Teresa, and all at Value Accessories,
I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!
Just received my Rush exhaust system, on time as promised, with great communication, in perfect condition.
Teresa went as far as to call me and leave a message, while on her vacation at a rally, to inform me of when they were going to be shipped. Then e-mail me the day before, which was a Sunday, with tracking #
Kudos to a job well done. :clap2::041::clap2::041:

Pics after install.

srt8-in-largo
09-25-2014, 10:40 PM
They go in side the Muffler. They absorb more or less of the sound depending on size.

:yes: Thanks Rick.

fl1madmax
10-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Not until now...

they will match the engine valve covers perfect cost me $50

BuzzzPhotos
10-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Just ordered me a set because they don't appear to have the drone. They do look great in photos. Ready to give them a run thru.