PDA

View Full Version : Rivco Sidestand Pad

Bruce B
06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
For a heavy bike like the F6B, the footprint of the stock sidestand doesn't give a lot of support on soft dirt or hot, soft asphalt. Solution - the Rivco sidestand pad. It's well made, very easy to install, and gives much needed additional support for the bike. It also looks good and it's added size makes it easier to engage with my boot heel. Inexpensive and effective. Such a deal.

MichaelG
06-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Bruce, you are 100 % correct, and I installed my Rivco sidestand plate almost 2 months ago. Works great. I have had them on previous GL-1800 Wings, but it is needed even more on this F6B. Make certain that you use a Blue Locktite on the threads of the set-screw.

F6B-RICH
06-10-2013, 09:07 AM
:postpics: :kap: :kap: just having some fun. I checked it out on Rivco's site says it will not work with driver floorboards. Do you guys have floorboards and it does work or are you using pegs ?

MichaelG
06-10-2013, 09:26 AM
For those of you that have no imagination, and cannot conjur up images of the Rivco stand...here is the link to it on Wingstuff:
http://wingstuff.com/products/27812-black-anodized-sidestand-pad?context=gold_wing_gl1800-footrests_stands

I do not use floor boards, and I do use the OEM footpegs.

Bruce B
06-10-2013, 09:40 AM
:postpics: :kap: :kap: just having some fun. I checked it out on Rivco's site says it will not work with driver floorboards. Do you guys have floorboards and it does work or are you using pegs ?

Works great with the Kury mini boards. I can see where it might be a problem with full size boards though.

Bruce B
06-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Bruce, you are 100 % correct, and I installed my Rivco sidestand plate almost 2 months ago. Works great. I have had them on previous GL-1800 Wings, but it is needed even more on this F6B. Make certain that you use a Blue Locktite on the threads of the set-screw.

Good point. I put the Blue Locktite on at time of installation. Without it, I'd guess that the set screw is almost certain to loosen at some point in the not to distant future.

F6B-RICH
06-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Works great with the Kury mini boards. I can see where it might be a problem with full size boards though.

Now this is great answer and info I / we on this forum are looking for. Thank you. I have the Kury mini boards so now I now it will work with them.