PDA

View Full Version : Here's the kind of guy Rob at Motopumps is

hiflyer
07-17-2014, 09:50 AM
I bought a "new in the box" Mustang seat from Rob at Motopumps along with one of his pumps. The seat was a spare that he had and was shipped out promptly. The seat and the pump arrived, and much to mine and Rob's dismay, the box had evidently sat on a moving conveyor in a stationary position resulting in damage to the bottom of the box and seat from abrasion. The abrasion had resulted in holes being burnt thru the bottom of the box, and major damage to the seat cover where the cover goes over the pan. Rob contacted the shipper and provided the pictures I had sent him. Rob had insured the seat, and promptly refunded my money. His claim from the shipper was paid, and the shipper did not want the seat back, nor did Rob. Now Rob could have requested that I send the seat back to him, but being the kind of guy he is, he was worried about my satisfaction and told me to do what I wanted with the seat. I took the seat to a local bike seat upholsterer and had it repaired for $200. It's on the bike, and I am a happy camper. For the first time in all my years of riding, I am carrying an air pump as standard equipment on my bike. The Motopump was just what I was looking for. Thanks Rob for being a great guy to do business with! Remember guys, always insure the packages you ship.

Phantom
07-17-2014, 11:00 AM
:icon_cool::yes: Rob …………….. :rock::headbang:

Rob and all of our supporting vendors are a class act, taking care of our membership is their first priority and we truly appreciate it !!!!!

Please support our vendors, they will always take care of you. I have seen this many many many times.

jkelley
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Good to know, How is that seat working for you?

hiflyer
07-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Good to know, How is that seat working for you?

Don't know yet, waiting a few more days till I ride after my separated shoulder incident. FWIW, feels good sitting on it in the garage though!:shrug:

SmallPasture
07-17-2014, 01:30 PM
'all/right'.score10/10

MotoPumps
07-18-2014, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Keith. That one sure didn't go the way either of us intended. I am very happy to hear that your local upholstery shop was able to make a good repair on the seat! That is a great outcome.

Ride Safe!

Rob