PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Area F6B Riders

micky_foccer
06-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Hey All,

Just trying to round up the riders from this forum that live in the general area of Sacramento California. So far I know of:

Greg AKA on Forum "Yeahoo Whoyah"
Bruce
Phil
Myself of course.

Anyone else on this board live nearby? I am puting together a phone list so that we can better communicate when need be.

Mick

Mike
06-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Howdee neighbor. I am in Pittsburg CA. :biggthumpup: 1 hour west on 80. :biker: Nice to hear some F6B riders are close by.
Mike

micky_foccer
06-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Sweet! Thanks for letting us know! PM your best contact number so I can add you to the list and send you a copy.

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Attention Sacramento Area F6B Riders. Saturday and Sunday June 29-30 is the Classic Japanese M/C 18th annual show and swap meet in Auburn. Want to ride up there? Miles, from this forum, will be there Saturday with a few other old guys. I want to meet Miles, someone who has ridden over 1.8 million miles is worth a greeting. :moon: haha. Plan to leave at 08:00 from Coffee Republic, 6610 Folsom Auburn Rd, Folsom. Then ride up Folsom-Auburn road to the Auburn Fairgrounds where the CJMC meet is being held. I will probably go again Sunday since that is the M/C show day. This year's Signature Bike is the Honda CX/GL - all years and models.
Lets show the CJMC the future and current classic, the F6B:icon_cool:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ct90/message/121919

MichaelG
06-15-2013, 12:34 AM
I agree with that idea. All you Sacto area riders are more than welcome to come on over to the Auburn fairgrounds, find some shade to park your new F6B's in, and enjoy the bike show and swap meet.

Philbert40
06-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I'll be there Saturday. See you at the Coffee Republic.

PHIL

micky_foccer
06-15-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm planning on meeting you guys there as well. Unless it's really hot that day, you can count me in.

micky_foccer
06-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Looks like we are in for some 100° weather. I'm still in but will head home around noon, before it gets too hot. Also, I know we leave at 8am but are any of you getting there earlier and having breakfast? If so, what time? Thanks.

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-27-2013, 08:09 PM
I will want to leave around noon too. I wii try to get to meeting place by 07:30

Bruce B
06-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Looking forward to this get together. I'll be at the Coffee Republic at 7:30. Will have to leave Auburn fairly early due to another committment but it'll be good to see everyone for a bit. What I really want to see is Micky's new pegs.

micky_foccer
06-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Guess I better get them on today. Look forward to seeing everyone maņana!

Philbert40
06-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Really good to see Mickey, Bruce, Greg and Miles! It's really nice to see what everyone is doing regarding mods. The ride up to Auburn was nice and then it was good to meet Miles at the Auburn Fair Grounds. 5 Black F6B's all together in the same place, you sure get the looks.

Nice day, Little HOT...but a nice day.

PHIL

Bruce B
06-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Great bikes and great company. Getting toghether for some coffee, a bit of a ride, and the sharing of a lot of ideas was a good start to a scorcher of a weekend. We'll have to do it again when we can have a longer ride and when the temps for the day aren't in the triple digit range.

micky_foccer
06-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Ditto & ditto. Great seeing you guys again. Nice meeting Greg and Miles. Let's get together again soon!

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Great bikes and great company.
Indeed!

5 Black F6B's all together in the same place
:thumb:

Let's get together again
:cool: :cool:

Left to right- Micky (micky_foccer) - Bruce B - Miles - Greg (Yeahoo Whoyah) - Phil (Philbert40)

After listening to Phil and Miles talk I'm getting IBE (Iron Butt Envy) :shock:

MichaelG
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
It was very nice to see the faces of fellow F6B riders, when Mickey and Bruce and Greg and Phil all showed up at the Auburn, CA. fairgrounds to meet and greet. I do wish that someone in that group had offered to bring me a iced mocha from the coffee shop ya'all met at. (boo hoo)

Next year, ride your bikes DOWN into the fairgrounds, so we can take a group pic of all the bikes together, rather than a group of old men (ha ha), sorry Mickey, I know you don't look as old as the rest of us)

My ride home was tough...had to stop in Red Bluff, with it being 110 degrees, at 1:00 pm in the middle of the day. Got a room at the Super 8, got some food and needed sleep, and then left at 3:20 am this morning, for a spirited 8 hour ride home.

Bruce B
07-01-2013, 06:46 PM
It was very nice to see the faces of fellow F6B riders, when Mickey and Bruce and Greg and Phil all showed up at the Auburn, CA. fairgrounds to meet and greet. I do wish that someone in that group had offered to bring me a iced mocha from the coffee shop ya'all met at. (boo hoo)

Next year, ride your bikes DOWN into the fairgrounds, so we can take a group pic of all the bikes together, rather than a group of old men (ha ha), sorry Mickey, I know you don't look as old as the rest of us)

My ride home was tough...had to stop in Red Bluff, with it being 110 degrees, at 1:00 pm in the middle of the day. Got a room at the Super 8, got some food and needed sleep, and then left at 3:20 am this morning, for a spirited 8 hour ride home.

Was good to meet you, Miles, and I enjoyed checking out some of the mods on your bike. We'll try for a better photo op next time.

It was prudent to stop at Red Bluff in that 110 degree heat. On Saturday I'll heading up past Red Bluff to the Anderson area for a "ride in" appointment to have a Rick Mayer seat built. I'm hoping for some mercy from the weather man. I have my doubts on that. It's 106 in Sacramento right now. At least it's only 175 miles to get to Rick's shop and with an 8:00 a.m. appt, at least the ride up should be pleasant.

We'll see you on another trip down this way. Ride safe.

MichaelG
07-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Bruce, please confirm that Ride-In appointment TIME of day with Rick. I know that his weekday appointments atart at 9:00 am...not 8:00 am. It is possible that the Saturday one is at 8:00 am. Better to check first.

As for temps, it is supposed to be much better by Saturday, in the Anderson area. They have high temp warnings up through 6:00 pm on Wednesday, for that area.

mscheidm
12-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi Guys.....Picked mine up on Saturday - Black Deluxe...LOVE IT.

I live in Folsom.....Mark

Yeahoo Whoyah
12-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Welcome Mark! I work in Folsom on Iron Point Rd and commute from EDH, although I've been using the car for the last few weeks. After the holidays maybe we can get another group ride organized.
Greg

mscheidm
12-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Greg...that sounds great. I live in Empire Ranch near East Natoma and Golf Links..commute to work into Rancho Cordova.

Had to ride mine into work yesterday since it was new and not raining.....was a little chilly at 41 heading out at 7:00, but was surprised it wasn't that bad. I am sure once I get a taller windshield on that will make a big difference.

Mark

Philbert40
12-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi Mark!

Welcome to our little F6B group. Looking forward to getting everyone together after the holidays. You got yourself great bike.:041:

Bruce B
12-25-2013, 03:23 AM
Hi Mark, Glad to have you and your new bike on board here in this area. Great bikes and a great bunch of guys to ride with. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bruce

LSA376
01-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Hello gents, I'm up in Camino. Had the bike a few months, best bike to date! Please let me know the next time you guys get together. Happy New Year.

Marauderm
05-24-2014, 09:40 PM
:041: I picked up a used one over spring break in Lincoln Nebraska. Guy who had it was worried about the paint issues so he had it custom painted pearl yellow. I live in Fair Oaks, About 15 miles from Sacramento.

Mike Marotte