PDA

View Full Version : New Michigan owner.

Steve W
07-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Hi. Last summer I tested the F6B as well as the Triumph Trophy, Yamaha FJR1300 and Super Tenere and have been looking at bikes for ever. On May 21 this year I checked the local dealers, the Internet, Ebay and Cycle Trader and discovered my new 2013 Red Deluxe F6B still languishing on the dealer floor from last year, so I bought it. $5000 price drop was too much to resist.

Since then I have clocked up 2500 miles. Love it. Remarkably smooth. Fantastic torque. The only downside is the wind noise around my Shoei fullface helmet. I just spoke to Clearview Shields and ordered a short, sport tour, clear replacement. I am 5' 8" and I have been following the discussion on this topic, and wanted to make sure it would not detract from the clean lines of the Honda design - even as it provides more protection from the wind. Today they are quoting up to 18 days for order fulfillment, and the F6B is now one of their most popular items! The customer service rep, Andy, was very helpful in discussing options etc. Seems like a great company to do buiness with. Hopefully I can report back in about a month about the results.

I also learned that Clearview now has 9 employees, including the owners. Personal service is to be expected!

XKnight
07-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Congrats on the new bike!

F6B-RICH
07-18-2014, 01:06 PM
'welcome gang' & :congrats: from NJ .batman-smilie.

opas ride
07-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Hey Steve welcome to the F6B world..I live in Commerce Twp area not to far from you...Maybe we can hook-up for a ride sometime..,If you don't mind riding with an "old fart"...Good luck with your bike and ride safe!!!

IBREWBEER
07-18-2014, 01:59 PM
I too ordered a clearview a week or so ago. Something tells me it will be over a month before i get it. The guy I spoke to on the phone was very easy to talk to and made my decision easy. Seems like an awesome company

Deer Slayer
07-18-2014, 02:19 PM
'welcome gang' from North Carolina where the sky is Carolina Blue! :cheers:

Ray H
07-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Add me to the list of well-wishers, and congratulations.

F6B1911
07-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi Steve W,
Welcome
I live in the area, put on quite a few miles in your area, ya gotta love the twisties around Pinckney.
You may catch me in your neighborhood quite often, I ride the fast black one.

Stick
07-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Hey Michiganders - Way up here in da U.P., eh. If ya get up here about 3 1/2 hours past the bridge, track me down and I'll introduce you to some fun twisties. Check out UP Cruising. See ya at the rally!

Fla_rider
07-18-2014, 09:19 PM
'welcome gang' from Sunny South Florida :th_sunbathe: windscreen are first thing replaced!