PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Seat

BLACKBETTY12
06-10-2013, 06:04 PM
I ordered a new Corbin Heated Seat with removable rider and passenger backrests on Saturday. Can't wait for it to get here. From the pictures on the website, it looks like it will be very comfortable.

KGREEN
06-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I would definitely like to know what you think about it especially after a few rides down the road. I am leaning toward buying this seat also.

F6B-RICH
06-10-2013, 08:37 PM
I ordered a new Corbin Heated Seat with removable rider and passenger backrests on Saturday. Can't wait for it to get here. From the pictures on the website, it looks like it will be very comfortable.

:yikes: I hate to ask the price :yikes: but would like to know BLACKBETTY12

timjoebob
06-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Mine is being shipped to Russellville where I'm picking up my new bike... But not until JULY!

Can't wait!

I've had a Corbin seat before and they are VERY firm. That is a good thing. It will seat you "in" the seat and not "on" it, reducing hot spots and saddle soreness. But you probably know that already. What I'd like to know is if it seats you closer or farther from the handlebars. I'm having MBL Risers installed as well in anticipation that I'll need them. When I test-rode a F6B locally, I was surprised how far back I was seated, compared to my Wing (with Hartco seat and risers).

Let us know what you think.

BLACKBETTY12
06-10-2013, 09:00 PM
I would definitely like to know what you think about it especially after a few rides down the road. I am leaning toward buying this seat also.

I cant wait to get it here so I can tell you guys all about it, good or bad. Hopefully Great though!

Mustangjake
06-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Very very cool

Phantom
06-10-2013, 09:07 PM

:Saweeet smilie:

BLACKBETTY12
06-10-2013, 09:09 PM
:yikes: I hate to ask the price :yikes: but would like to know BLACKBETTY12

$1345.00 as you see it above in pics.

Steve 0080
06-10-2013, 09:14 PM
WOW!!!!!! :stirthepot::077:

BLACKBETTY12
06-10-2013, 09:25 PM
All I can say is that my wife was feeling good Saturday! I also ordered the Kuryakyn Gen 2 Hitch along with all necessary wiring for the trailer from Wingstuff. Don't really know what got in to her, but I wasn't asking questions! I couldn't place the orders quick enough!!! lol

MichaelG
06-11-2013, 07:55 AM
WOW!!!!!! :stirthepot::077:

Yeah, that's a + 1 on the WOW !!!!!!!

BlackBetty, I trouly hope this new heated Corbin seat works for you and your wife. I hope it is the best seat in the world for the both of you.

I am amazed the Mike Corbin charges that much now. I never try to buy a cheap seat, and don't make any effort to scrimp on the seats I have done, but at the price you are paying, that is twice as much as the most expensive Russell Day-Long saddle I have ever paid for.

Russell seats are infamous for being the most comfortable seats to ride on. Corbin seats are notorious for being uncomfortable.
And personally, I would "never" have a heated seat. Never...1000 times never.

But the bottom line on seats is...if it works for YOU, then it is a great seat. And I sincerely hope that it works for you.

BLACKBETTY12
06-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Actually, I was a little off on what I paid. The total with the backrests and shipping was $1354.00! I hope it works out well also, as I'm not one to usually spend this much on a seat.

ghostrider
06-11-2013, 09:01 AM
It just goes to show and important motorcycling is to you AND your wife. And I think that's very cool.

BLACKBETTY12
06-11-2013, 10:28 AM
It just goes to show and important motorcycling is to you AND your wife. And I think that's very cool.

Thanks ghostrider!

jkelley
06-11-2013, 10:52 AM
As long as you are happy with it!!!

Hope it works out for you.

When it comes to anything with wheels it can get expensive.

I like classic vehicles and I know the pain well. Just finished a 1967 M-715, now working on a 1925 Mack AB. They are real proud of parts for those!

BLACKBETTY12
06-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah, that's a + 1 on the WOW !!!!!!!

BlackBetty, I trouly hope this new heated Corbin seat works for you and your wife. I hope it is the best seat in the world for the both of you.

I am amazed the Mike Corbin charges that much now. I never try to buy a cheap seat, and don't make any effort to scrimp on the seats I have done, but at the price you are paying, that is twice as much as the most expensive Russell Day-Long saddle I have ever paid for.

Russell seats are infamous for being the most comfortable seats to ride on. Corbin seats are notorious for being uncomfortable.
And personally, I would "never" have a heated seat. Never...1000 times never.

But the bottom line on seats is...if it works for YOU, then it is a great seat. And I sincerely hope that it works for you.

It really doesn't get very cold here in South Carolina, but I'm curious as to why you would never get a heated seat.

chipmaker
06-11-2013, 08:11 PM
It doesn't get too cold here in AZ, but I loved my heated seat on my BMW.

Bruce B
06-11-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm hearing lots of opinions on the Corbin and it's price. I've never owned one but have ridden on them. Have lots of friends who have a Corbin and they swear by them. Really look good too. Some folks love them, some don't care for them at all. Long story short, that explains why Baskin-Robbins has thirty-one flavors. If we all liked the same thing, all the ice cream would be vanilla. It would be a sad state of affairs if that was true in ice cream or motorcycle gear. That Corbin seat shown on the F6B looks great. Enjoy!!

BLACKBETTY12
06-11-2013, 10:33 PM
I'm hearing lots of opinions on the Corbin and it's price. I've never owned one but have ridden on them. Have lots of friends who have a Corbin and they swear by them. Really look good too. Some folks love them, some don't care for them at all. Long story short, that explains why Baskin-Robbins has thirty-one flavors. If we all liked the same thing, all the ice cream would be vanilla. It would be a sad state of affairs if that was true in ice cream or motorcycle gear. That Corbin seat shown on the F6B looks great. Enjoy!!

Well said Bruce! Thank you for posting!

Alberta Beagle
06-11-2013, 10:55 PM
I find the stock seat very comfortable. Twice I have ridden over 400 Kms without getting off the bike. Takes usually 3.5-4 hours and I have had no pressure points or seat issues at all.
I do like the look of the Corbin but frankly with the comfort of the stocker and the ghastly price :shock: of the Corbin I don't see a new seat anytime soon.

Alberta Beagle
06-11-2013, 10:58 PM

What load of :bsII: that comment is!!! Everyone knows if we all liked the same ice cream flavour it would be chocolate. :joke:

Bruce B
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
What load of :bsII: that comment is!!! Everyone knows if we all liked the same ice cream flavour it would be chocolate. :joke:

Great job of proving the point. But shouldn't it really be chocolate chip cookie dough?

BLACKBETTY12
06-12-2013, 07:03 AM
I don't find the stock seat to be uncomfortable, but its not the most plush seat I've ever sat on either. If the Corbin Seat feels as good as it looks, I know I'll be a happy customer!

Alberta Beagle
06-12-2013, 07:55 AM
I don't find the stock seat to be uncomfortable, but its not the most plush seat I've ever sat on either. If the Corbin Seat feels as good as it looks, I know I'll be a happy customer!

They sell a lot of seats and have many repeat customers. I'm pretty confident you will love your new seat!!!:biggthumpup:

Beagle

TennX
06-12-2013, 08:02 AM
I like the looks of the Corbin, but waiting to see what Ultimate comes up with....looking forward to your ride report...best of luck...

MichaelG
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
It really doesn't get very cold here in South Carolina, but I'm curious as to why you would never get a heated seat.

Already typed out a very long response...once...for this thread...but the power went out at Russell seats, and went out for the entire small town of Lake Shasta, just when I was almost done with that last post.

So...I will wait until I get home and then type out a whole new post on this subject.

I will say that Corbin seats LOOK great.

MichaelG
06-12-2013, 03:15 PM

Okay, I will take a chance on life, and hope the power does not go out again, while I type this long response.

Still sitting at Russell seats in Shasta Lake city, California, waiting for them to finish my new seat. Went out for a walk, ate lunch, now back to the office supplied computer they have set up for customers.

What I did say, before I was interrupted by the power outage is:

If the seat you have on your bike...and this is meant for everyone...not just BlackBetty...if the seat on your bike works really well for you, and you like it...then that is all that is important, because it is YOUR bike, and YOUR money paid for it, so it does not matter what my opinion or anyone else's opinion is about your seat. Every BODY and every BUTT has a different sitting position, and if a particular seat works for you, that is all that counts in the long run. If a Corbin seat works for you, or an Ultimate seat works for you...then that is the best seat for you.

And personally, I think that the Corbin seats are the BEST LOOKING seats made.

I have long said that a Russell Day-Long saddle is the ugliest seat ever made for a motorcycle...they just happen to be the most comfortable seat made for me...and for the vast majority of the serious IronButt Association riders. When we sit on them, we don't care what they look like.

Now, as for the heated seat issue...whew...I am very much against having a heated seat on any motorcycle, and here is why:

The last place you would ever want to add heat is in the contact pressure points of your gluteal area. There is already pressure at the boney contact points that you are sitting on, and pressure creates heat. It is important for a cold rider to add warmth to places like...their hands, their thoracic area, their feet, and lastly to their legs. Preferably in that order, but we don't always have that choice to do it in that order. You want to add warmth to places that have control actions on the bike, i.e., the hands and feet, so that they can continue to work the hand controls and the foot controls of the bike. You also want to add warmth to the thoracic area...the chest and back, so that blood flows to the head, and outer extremities.
And, lastly to the legs, thighs, and calves.

BUTT...not to the BUTT. The fastest way to get a tired butt is by adding heat to it. Any medical doctor can explain this, as the contact pressure points do NOT want to be heated. And example would be that when I ride in cold weather...cold enough that I have all my Gerbing heated clothing turned on, and up...so that my hands are warm, my feet are warm, my chest and back and neck are warm, and my thighs and calves are warm...I have also checked and found that my butt is warm, simply because I am sitting on it, and by extension of the rest of the body having warmth applied to it.

On a warm or hot day, one of the problems is getting the butt too hot. The rider squirms around trying to relieve the monkey-butt syndrome, and that is where the anti-monkey-butt powder comes in at, which is a talc that also has calamine powder in it. Some riders will use GoldBond powder for this issue. All because the butt got hot from sitting on the bike...in hot weather.

Several motorcycle manufacturers have come out with heated seats over the past 10 years, or more, and that is to offer the customer a choice...because it became popular. During the past 5 + years a lot of the Honda and HD riders have admitted that they do not use the heated seats on their bikes, as it does not serve the rider as they thought it would. The BMW riders will never admit to anything wrong with their bikes, so no sense in asking them.

Many of the aftermarket makers are now offering heated seats...as an option...and to make more money. That does NOT mean it is a good thing. I tested heated seats for Travelcade back in 1997, and of the 3 riders doing a coast to coast ride in March from San Diego to Daytona, all three of us gave it a thumbs down, as we all agreed that it was not smart to heat the pressure points where the butt contacts the seat.

Now...having said that...those are MY opinions. And if anyone disagrees, then so be it. If your heated seat works for you, then great. That is good. I want the best for all the riders out there.

However, my experience over the past 1.8 million miles, and my professional opinion as an educated rider with 2 Ph.D's, and an MD. tells me that I will never have a heated seat on a motorcycle of mine.

Funny, but short ending...as I was first typing this out...before the power went out...another rider was here at Russell seats to get an adjustment to his seat...his HEATED seat for his Goldwing 1500. He overheard me making comments about the heated seats, asked me WHY I thought that, and he confessed that he does not use his heated portion of the seat anymore, as he found that what I was saying is true.

Now, let's all go outside and ride, and enjoy ourselves.

timjoebob
06-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Let's start the argument: The one flavor would be CHOCOLATE! No doubt about it! :)

Wild Bill
06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Let's start the argument: The one flavor would be CHOCOLATE! No doubt about it! :)

Mint Chocolate chip.

SpeedyWho
06-13-2013, 05:54 PM

Well your WRONG, I dont care what anyone says Vanilla is the only flavor needed

SpeedyWho
06-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Mint Chocolate chip.

Your Wrong too

MichaelG
06-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Can I just declare that I am wrong too...because I was going to make a claim for Rocky Road.

Wild Bill
06-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Your Wrong too

Wouldn't be the first time.

Alberta Beagle
06-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Good grief I've started a war!!!! :nutkick:

jlig
06-14-2013, 06:56 PM

I'm In for the Chocolate !!!!!:icon_razz::clap2:

MSGT-R
06-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Corbin's prices are not yet listing the Smuggler because it isn't done yet.

#H-F6B-DT-E Dual Touring Saddle w/ HEAT, 2013 Honda F6B $797
#H-F6B-DT Dual Touring Saddle No Heat, 2013 Honda F6B $597
#H-F6B-PAD Passenger Backrest Pad, 2013 Honda F6B $283
#02-T Large Ovalbac Backrest, Tee model $239
#02-SB Ovalbac Leather Backrest (ea) $229

The basic seat isn't all that much, it's all the accessories that compound themselves to go with shipping price.

Or.. you can order one and go to the Hollister Rally to pick it up! 10% off. :icon_wink:

http://www.thehollisterrally.com/

timjoebob
06-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Wait... You're almost right...

Ben & Jerry's Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz

On the non-important issue: I'm getting a dual touring seat (the only option right now) and a standard oval rider backrest. I will probably add the passenger backrest add-on (slip-over) later. It slips over the Hondaline passenger backrest. I also added custom color welts to complement my custom-colored F6B. My seat just arrived in Russellville (where I'm buying my bike 7/17), and I'm having the salesman take a picture once it's installed. I'm dying to see it.

jlig
06-16-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm definitely considering the Dual Tourer Corbin, but not sure If I want to do a Ride-In or just buy 'off the rack' and hope it fits me OK. All the other Corbins I've had were 'off the rack' and we just fine. I'm hoping the Corbin will lower my seat height somewhat since I'm vertically challenged with a 30" inseam. I have to wait until the 'piggy bank' is full enough to afford it so I have some time to decide what I'll do. And the seat will have to come with a cone of Chocolate Ice Cream to go with it. (can be purchased separately):icon_mrgreen:

MSGT-R
06-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Well, the Wizard's Cafe will be open for breakfast and lunch..
Eat your ice cream while they alter your seat.
Put it on your credit card. :icon_cool:

Then go and enjoy the Rally!!

I'll even carry your old seat back to SoCal for you.

Hook
06-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, the Wizard's Cafe will be open for breakfast and lunch..
Eat your ice cream while they alter your seat.
Put it on your credit card. :icon_cool:

Then go and enjoy the Rally!!

I'll even carry your old seat back to SoCal for you.I hope they have there newest seat done by rally time..I will be up there on the 4th-5-6:icon_biggrin:

MSGT-R
06-16-2013, 04:42 PM
If you're sure you're gonna buy, call ahead so they have a blank ready.