View Full Version : Fall Dark Side Ride In

Big Dawg
07-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Originally posted over on the GL1800 site by Wingnut

Everyone is welcome!

2014 Fall Darksider Ride In

September 26, 27, 28
Checking out Sunday morning the 28th

If you want to check in earlier you can at the same rate just let them know it's for the Darksider ride-in
We were able to get 20 rooms blocked out for this fall ride-in. Smoking rooms are available. All have fridges. Many will have microwaves. Host Motel is ready to accept reservations. Price is $69.99 before taxes. You must mention 'darksiders' to get this rate. They will honor this rate if you decide to check in earlier in the week, reserve before 9/11/14

276-328-3500 (tel:276-328-3500)

Located at:
Best Western-Wise Va
124 Woodland Drive SW
Wise VA 24293

There are a couple of restaurants next door. Reno's Steak House and a McDonalds. There a couple of others there also.

Points of interest include:
US 421 (Snake)
Va Rt 16 (Back of the Dragon)
Ky Rt 160 which crosses the highest point in Kentucky.
Breaks Interstate Park (a great idea that a member sent me)
Natural Tunnel

This is a self guided Ride-In

Adding a link for three routes that you can download to your GPS:

http://murgie.com/RideIn_Routes.exe (http://murgie.com/RideIn_Routes.exe)

When asked, save file to your computer. It is a self extracting file that will prompt to extract (decompress) 4 files called The Breaks Park.gpx, KY,VA,TN LOOP.gpx, hungry mother 7.19.13.gpx and KY,VA,TN Sightsee.gpx. Just browse to where the files need to be extracted to.

We had a lot of requests to have it here again and there are so many nice roads. I hope to have a great turn out for this ride I should be there for Tuesday and have routes already loaded into my gps so if you want to follow your more thank welcome to come And I would like to Thank everyone for the help for putting in the time for this run

Big Dawg
08-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Hey, this ride is getting close too. I know it is only s few weeks after the Franklin rally. Check it out if you can. I will be there too, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Big Dawg
09-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Anyone interested in this rally?