PDA

View Full Version : Best speakers for helmet

brewcityf6b
07-21-2014, 10:13 PM
My wife wants to get speakers/headphones to go inside of her full face and plug into her ipod. What do you suggest?

Ray H
07-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Earbuds. Custom fitted, custom made for top quality. In the past, I've had the best speakers that J&M offers, had them installed at their shop in Tucson, and they still sounded tinny. In my opinion, just about impossible to get anywhere near quality type studio sound out of tiny little speakers mounted in a helmet.

Steve 0080
07-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Go to Best Buy...to the ear bud section,,,I have several pair of Puma brand, if your wallet can stand it go with Bose...very nice and very pricey...I like them the best as far as quality and staying in you ear...

Scotrod
07-22-2014, 07:38 AM
I have Tork Xpro's with an amp.

If you have a lot of helmet/wind noise, buds may be better. :shrug:

Hornblower
07-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Several personal choices here...I've experimented with various ear buds and my experience was not great with those. True, if you can keep them fully inserted in your ears, the audio quality can be very good and, it can reduce outside noises. Some people just don't like the feel of ear buds, especially if you have them in your ears for hours at a time. Another problem I experienced was something snagging on the cable and unplugging one or both of the buds. Another issue can be just getting your helmet on without dislodging the buds. On that issue, be sure to get a low-profile set if you go this way. So, for me, I have gone the way of helmet speakers and only have experience with J&M. I'm reasonable happy with these but the trick with helmet speakers is to get them snug up to your ears. The futher away from your ears they are, the more the sound quality deteriorates.

brewcityf6b
07-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks all. She has tried ear buds but the problem seems to be having them fall out. I will give the JM a shot. I can try packing them in with something to get them closer to the ears.

bigdew
07-23-2014, 09:40 AM
I have found great luck in Skull Candy ear buds. Great sound, cheap price, and lifetime warranty. Some models also come with foam ear tips that fit like foam earplugs and do not come out and seal for a great sound.

FlyinF
07-23-2014, 11:34 AM
I have tried all sorts of tiny speakers and the only way to get their full benefit is to find a way to have them firmly up against your ear.............I have tried all sorts of way and non work for me. Ear buds are my solution, yes when they are firmly in your ear they get bothersome, so on long trips I use them every other gas stop. I have satellite radio so I am always listening to tunes.

ReserveBum
07-23-2014, 11:50 AM
If I go the ear bud route...what cable would I need to plug them into the bike so I can use the bikes volume/mute and other controls?

Scotrod
07-23-2014, 12:41 PM
3.5 mm stereo cable to 5 pin DIN adapter.

Here's one: http://bikemp3.com/Goldwing-Headset-Adaptor-HGW-35M-DIN.htm

ReserveBum
07-23-2014, 12:57 PM
3.5 mm stereo cable to 5 pin DIN adapter.

Here's one: http://bikemp3.com/Goldwing-Headset-Adaptor-HGW-35M-DIN.htm

Thank You Sir....