PDA

View Full Version : Great Ride Today

Alberta Beagle
06-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Had a day off today and decided to take a ride west from my town and ride through the Rockies. Ended up at Lake Louise and while stopped for lunch got chatting with 4 retired fellas. One from Florida, two from Texas and one from Tennesee. They have been doing an annual trip for the past 12 years in a row. This years trip will be just over 30 days in duration and these fellas are tenting the whole trip. They were heading off to Jasper, Alberta after lunch to set up camp. They circumnavigated the USA last year over a 36 day period. They are fulfilling their bucket lists said one of the guys from Texas.
An amazing brotherhood us motorcyclists. We sat and chatted for over an hour.
Can't wait to retire and do what these fine gents were doing.

As a side note while having lunch there was a tour bus loading and about 10 people lined up to have their photo taken beside my F6B. Thankfully none of them tried to sit on it. Never had that happen before to own a bike that garnered the attention this one does.

Beagle

Steve 0080
06-11-2013, 01:20 AM
Its a long story, but we were up on Grandfather Mountain and a bus pulled in...after awhile a young male got on my brother in laws bike and was acting like the guy in a movie jumping up and down on it. Knocked the helmet off and it rolled some down the embankment....my B-Law yelling at the top of his lungs about the young man's mother was drawing quite a crowd with all the children and women...mean while I was sweet talking a very nice looking women, turned to her and told her we would be leaving and to have a nice day...mean while my B-Law is running across the swinging bridge hell bent on killing the guy...we finally got back to the bikes, the young man had boarded the bus and was heading down the hill...my B-Law in hot pursuit...looking in each window trying to see the " guy "...there were several buses and we/he never found the guy...needless to say if I mention it still to this day he gets all bent out of shape.....

MichaelG
06-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Steve, I always knew we were brothers from different states. I had the same kind of experience back about 30 + years ago, in San Francisco, on a high mount over looking the city, and it was a place where tour buses come to let the visitors see the views. I and another friend were stopped for a 10 minute break, had our two Harleys parked side by side in the parking lot, and we must have turned out backs for a minute, because next thing we knew the tour bus full of Chinese tourists had emptied out, and about a dozen of the Chinese tourists went over and sat on our bikes, and were taking pictures of each other sitting on the HD's. Of course...we maintained it as best we could, but still managed to show the Ugly American side of ourselves, got them off our bikes, and we got out of there.

I am VERY old school about people touching my bikes.

MichaelG
06-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Can't wait to retire and do what these fine gents were doing.

Beagle

Beagle, I will be the first to be in line, when you are ready to start this annual trip. If we can find two more riders, we too can make this an annual event. It doesn't have to be this year, or next, but whenever you are ready. I would prefer to motel it, rather than camp out, as we can haul less stuff, and there are a lot of seedy motels and greasy spoons to visit in North America. Seriously...count me in.

Alberta Beagle
06-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Beagle, I will be the first to be in line, when you are ready to start this annual trip. If we can find two more riders, we too can make this an annual event. It doesn't have to be this year, or next, but whenever you are ready. I would prefer to motel it, rather than camp out, as we can haul less stuff, and there are a lot of seddy motels and greasy spoons to visit in North America. Seriously...count me in.

Sounds great Miles and I am all for the motel idea. After my 40th birthday I kind of lost my mojo for camping!!!

Beagle