PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and need some advice

er.medic
07-23-2014, 02:46 PM
I am brand new to this forum (this is my first post), and I am hoping to get some advice. I live in Central FL, the Orlando area, and I am going to the dealership tomorrow to buy an F6B. If I can get the base model (not deluxe) for $17,906 out the door, am I getting a fair deal? I am embarrassed to say that I am a bit of a push over when it comes to negotiating vehicles. I would just like to know if I am getting suckered or not. Thanks for taking the time help. Greg

SpeedyWho
07-23-2014, 02:59 PM
I am brand new to this forum (this is my first post), and I am hoping to get some advice. I live in Central FL, the Orlando area, and I am going to the dealership tomorrow to buy an F6B. If I can get the base model (not deluxe) for $17,906 out the door, am I getting a fair deal? I am embarrassed to say that I am a bit of a push over when it comes to negotiating vehicles. I would just like to know if I am getting suckered or not. Thanks for taking the time help. Greg

To me that sounds like a great deal, I bought the First F6B sold in Arizona and believe me I PAID WAY MORE than that.

shooter
07-23-2014, 03:10 PM
If its a 14 that's a good price. If its a 13 they need to take another thousand off.

Texas TC
07-23-2014, 03:11 PM

Sounds like a good deal for a 2014. However, leftover 2013 models should be discounted a bit more I would suspect.

Scotrod
07-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Doesn't sound bad,,, Many will chime in with I paid $X and I paid $Y, but until you know all the details, (and year models) it's hard to say it's apples to apples.

For instance, my OTD price was great, and I paid another slug in sales tax when I got back to my home state. Still good for a 13 back in 13, but more than what folks are paying for 13's today.

I am assuming it's a 13 as there are quite a few 13's left,,, there is no incentive for a dealer to mark down a 14 when he has 13's on hand.

hoglaw
07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm in Casselberry and bought my 2013 about 2 weeks ago. I went to Seminole Power Sports and Orlando Honda. I got a far better deal at Kissimmee Power Sports. My advice is to go to Kissimmee last after having obtained a price from the other two. Ask them for their best price and see if they can beat it. They're located on SOBT. I saved about $1300, but I had a trade so your experience may vary.

XKnight
07-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Honda of Russelville advertises new leftover 2013 F6Bs for $15,585. Cycletrader has dealers listing them at $14,999 and sometimes even lower. That's without tax, tags and prep, but those are the prices I'd show to your dealer to negotiate a lower price if you're looking at buying a 2013. If you want a 2014 then the price you quoted sounds fair. 2013 and 2014 bikes are identical except for yellow being available on the 2014 and red being dropped.

er.medic
07-23-2014, 04:20 PM
It is a 2013, so I guess I am paying too much? I am just not good at negotiating; I don't like confrontation :icon_frown:

hoglaw
07-23-2014, 04:33 PM
It is a 2013, so I guess I am paying too much? I am just not good at negotiating; I don't like confrontation :icon_frown:

It's real easy to get a price from each of the three dealers in the Orlando area. Just don't buy until you know what each of them will do for you. They will all push you while they have you in the store, but you are in control and don't have to make a decision until you know all your options. Of course, if you don't mind traveling you can do better as explained above.

There are many incentives they can offer: special financing rates, discounts on accessories, etc. If you need helmets, gloves, jackets, and anything else they sell ask for a 20% discount. Guarantee you'll get that.

Scotrod
07-23-2014, 05:11 PM

THATS WHY I BUY ONLINE!!!! :yes:

No BS from puppy-dog eyed salesmen, no line of bull while your dealin, just numbers in emails.

SHOP AROUND!

Hoglaw listed a couple FL places that appear to be willing to deal. Some places will, some won't.

Blotar
07-23-2014, 05:17 PM
I really like this! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Gold-Wing-2013-Honda-F6B-custom-orange-1800-miles-loaded-No-Reserve-/291195234987?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43cc96aaab&item=291195234987&pt=US_motorcycles
it seems to be in your 'neck of the woods'.
if not then take a trip to Arkansas and ride a wonderful ride back through tennessee and north carolina. Honda of Russellville cannot be bragged on enough. They are great to deal with. Just call ahead and make your deal. Then fly up and they will come get you at the airport. There is a real nice motel 5 blocks away just off the interstate. Very reasonable. What a great adventure!
I know that TT&L are worth about 6%, but Arkansas and N. Carolina have the best roadways in the country!
Blotar:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
07-23-2014, 05:21 PM
I went to Seminole Power Sports,Sanford, matched the N.C. prices + 300...I consider that a great deal!!! It does pay to be informed......

er.medic
07-23-2014, 05:30 PM
I am sure you guys get overwhelmed with this question, so thank you to all of you that had the patience to answer one more time. I look forward to being a contributing member of the forum going forward. :rock:

CheckpointChcky
07-23-2014, 08:49 PM

That is way too much for a 2013. Get them down around $15,000.00 or shop elsewhere. Just my 2 cents worth. Anyway, welcome aboard a great forum.

Fla_rider
07-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Er - 'welcome gang' from Sunny South Florida:th_sunbathe:

You got till Aug 27th to meet us in lake city for the 2nd annual F6B rally! We then head in the am of the 28th to join about 60 other f6bs in franklin , n.c. And guess what, you are invited! For a weekend of fun!

Getr Done!

foodog2
07-24-2014, 01:21 AM
Southern powersports in Chattanooga sold me a red deluxe for 15,700 plus tax after 1000 Honda bucks last weekend. I got the 1,000 in accessories too.

C'Ville
07-24-2014, 02:10 AM
I paid $15,200 about 10 days ago in Brookhaven Mississippi, that was before tax, I also got the $1,000 Honda stuff and extra 12 months coverage for a total of 48 months (2013 Red).

zekepa
07-24-2014, 07:04 AM

I also just bought a standard 2013. For out the door that does not seem like a bad price depending on what the OTD price includes.

There are 3 dealers within 75 miles of me. 2 of them were very close in price the 3rd and closest was $3K more than the other two. I ended up going to the one 75 miles away, also the same dealer I bought my other bike from. I did use the closest one for a test ride though.

When I talked to the dealer I ended up buying from he gave me two figures one with trading my bike and one without the trade. Without trading I was at $17,489 that included setup, tax, tag, paperwork, and the extended warranty($475). Base price of the bike was $14,999.

I ended up trading in my bike ($6000) and was OTD at $10,600.

In the end if the price is something you can live with then be happy you got a great bike. Don't forget right now Honda has the $1000 in accessories.

F6BLK
07-24-2014, 07:58 AM
Southern powersports in Chattanooga sold me a red deluxe for 15,700 plus tax after 1000 Honda bucks last weekend. I got the 1,000 in accessories too.

I can't believe how their discounting these bikes!!thought I did good this spring! Had to buy my own accessories! But got a very good price! Do they offer these big incentives on the regular wings too! I don't think so!

Steve 0080
07-24-2014, 07:59 AM
With all these numbers flying around make sure you are comparing apples and apples...... i.e. before or after taxes and what YOUR state charges for fees and what not........ To me the only number that matters is the OTD cost.... but in reality the cost of the bike is the only thing that matters when comparing other prices as Uncle Sugar will get his $$$$$

Personally I think one is foolish to buy a 2014 when you can find a 2013 for less money...they are the exact same bike!!!!!

Scotrod
07-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Personally I think one is foolish to buy a 2014 when you can find a 2013 for less money...they are the exact same bike!!!!!

Agree 100%!!! Let Ma Honda suck up that first years depreciation. No difference in the bike!!!

I tend to 'seek out' leftovers for the killer deals you can find. My situation last year was a bit different as I went from May of 13 to Sept of 13 w/o a bike,,,, I was having withdrawals!!! :yikes:

Dave Ritsema
07-24-2014, 08:23 AM
Just FYI, I am located in northern IN and the current deal my dealer is extending is on a red/black 2013 deluxe for $16,500. He additionaly is providing the "free" $1000 dollars in accessories and adding an additional year of extended warranty. You would pay taxes in your home state, not Indiana. I consider that a pretty darn good deal. If you can, go for the deluxe.

Been in the Fire/EMS gig for almost 25 years also, thanks for your efforts.

Dave Ritsema
07-24-2014, 08:29 AM
With all these numbers flying around make sure you are comparing apples and apples...... i.e. before or after taxes and what YOUR state charges for fees and what not........ To me the only number that matters is the OTD cost.... but in reality the cost of the bike is the only thing that matters when comparing other prices as Uncle Sugar will get his $$$$$

The one thing that I found interesting at WingDing last month was from a guy there that is apparently a Gold Wing transmission expert. He was talking about the ghost shifting issue on these bikes and had a cut away model to show what he was talking about. (It was in reference to the gear and dog design). He stated that the transmission design was changed in 2014 which beefed up the transmission in that area and eliminates the ghost shifting situation. Sorry, don't want to hijack a thread, your statement above reminded me of the conversation I had at WingDing.

er.medic
07-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Thank you to everyone who responded, I read and thought about each and every post. I bought a black 2014 basic today. I would rather have gotten a 2013, but I had a hard time finding one in black. I really like the red as well, pictures don't do the red bikes justice; they really look great in person. I feel like I got a fair (not great) deal. Higher than most of you paid, but about the same as others. I paid $17,745. Thanks again to all of you. .notworthy.

XKnight
07-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Thank you to everyone who responded, I read and thought about each and every post. I bought a black 2014 basic today. I would rather have gotten a 2013, but I had a hard time finding one in black. I really like the red as well, pictures don't do the red bikes justice; they really look great in person. I feel like I got a fair (not great) deal. Higher than most of you paid, but about the same as others. I paid $17,745. Thanks again to all of you. .notworthy.

Congrats on the new F6B and welcome aboard. The price doesn't really matter anyway once you start enjoying the ride.

FlatSixBagger
07-24-2014, 07:44 PM
you should be at about 15,000 before taxes and the other bs

CheesyRider
07-24-2014, 07:58 PM
I bought a black 2014 basic today. I would rather have gotten a 2013, but I had a hard time finding one in black.
Congrats! It's my understanding that the transmission was improved for the 2014, so don't feel too bad about spending more than you would have payed for a leftover 2013.

Fla_rider
07-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Think about the Rally!'riding':motorcycle2:.dickie-deals.

Rustysocket
07-24-2014, 11:11 PM
congrats on the new ride. A month from now it won't matter what you paid. Enjoy.