PDA

View Full Version : Rick Mayer Seat

Bruce B
06-11-2013, 12:10 AM
I've finally made up my mind on the seat issue. I'm having a Rick Mayer seat made on July 6 when I'll make the short ride (170 miles) from Sacramento for a "ride-in" appointment. I'm trying to beat the valley heat with an 8:00 a.m. appointment time. The ride to his place will be pleasant and I'm hoping that the ride home will be in the 90 degree range rather than the very possible 105++. I'll be getting the "dual" seat which means that he builds a passenger seat rather than just recovering it to match the rider seat. I've also ordered a Utopia backrest (with the quick remove option) that will be recovered and installed (at no charge for install) by Rick. He'll also be recovering my passenger back rest to match the new seat. I'll post pictures of the finished product. Now if I could just find a way to make the 6th arrive a bit sooner. See Rick Mayer @ www.rickmayercycle.com.

Hook
06-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I've finally made up my mind on the seat issue. I'm having a Rick Mayer seat made on July 6 when I'll make the short ride (170 miles) from Sacramento for a "ride-in" appointment. I'm trying to beat the valley heat with an 8:00 a.m. appointment time. The ride to his place will be pleasant and I'm hoping that the ride home will be in the 90 degree range rather than the very possible 105++. I'll be getting the "dual" seat which means that he builds a passenger seat rather than just recovering it to match the rider seat. I've also ordered a Utopia backrest (with the quick remove option) that will be recovered and installed (at no charge for install) by Rick. He'll also be recovering my passenger back rest to match the new seat. I'll post pictures of the finished product. Now if I could just find a way to make the 6th arrive a bit sooner. See Rick Mayer @ www.rickmayercycle.com.I like his seat I would like to get one but hes a little far for me to do the ride in. I'm going to the hollister rally in july. Show me some pix when you get it done I don't want a Corbin seat. Hook

Bruce B
06-11-2013, 10:25 PM
I like his seat I would like to get one but hes a little far for me to do the ride in. I'm going to the hollister rally in july. Show me some pix when you get it done I don't want a Corbin seat. Hook

I'll post the pics here when I get the seat.