PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn heel toe shifter...their mistake or mine?

jellybean
07-24-2014, 12:05 AM
I just got my Kuryakyn heel and toe shifter with out floorboard because I need it...little did I know the driver foot peg bracket built in is chrome...Here is my point:

If they said this product is for F6B, they should include the foot peg bracket on the brake side as well...!

And I am looking for replacement to make them match...They sale as a pair.

Maybe I just use it for now and wait until some one make the dark one...:)

JB

Steve 0080
07-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Home Depot= Plasti Dip...in Black...perfect!!!

Scotrod
07-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Hmm,, As I recall the entire Kury HT shifter add-on kit is chrome, so,,,,,,,, you don't have issue with the HT lever being chrome, but if the bracket was black to match the OEM peg bracket you'd be OK? But now with the shifter bracket being chrome, you feel they should includ a chrome bracket for the brake side? Is this just 'black vs. chrome' or is it something else?

One of the concerns I had with the Kury HT add-on was that it placed the LH peg about 1 1/4 out from the OEM location,,, No 'big' deal, but just A bit 'odd',,,

srt8-in-largo
07-24-2014, 10:15 AM
I shared that thought when I bought mine; would be nice to have a chrome brake lever on the right side to match.

However after installing and using it, this "issue" just faded into the background. It's not that noticeable since you don't see both sides of the bike at the same time.

The black plasti-dip idea sounds good though...

jellybean
07-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Hmm,, As I recall the entire Kury HT shifter add-on kit is chrome, so,,,,,,,, you don't have issue with the HT lever being chrome, but if the bracket was black to match the OEM peg bracket you'd be OK? But now with the shifter bracket being chrome, you feel they should includ a chrome bracket for the brake side? Is this just 'black vs. chrome' or is it something else?

One of the concerns I had with the Kury HT add-on was that it placed the LH peg about 1 1/4 out from the OEM location,,, No 'big' deal, but just A bit 'odd',,,

You are corrected...I spent $220.00 for it...If I have to do extra work or pay extra for part...I should be informed upfront...It's done deal. I just feel to raise my concern on this board with the hope no other will have the same issue. Thanks...:)

JB

srt8-in-largo
07-24-2014, 01:31 PM
All of the pics and descriptions I've seen show it to be a chrome part.

"Little did you know"?... give me a break. Did you inquire about the product or do any investigation at all.

jellybean
07-24-2014, 01:41 PM
I just got my Kuryakyn heel and toe shifter with out floorboard because I need it...little did I know the driver foot peg bracket built in is chrome...Here is my point:

If they said this product is for F6B, they should include the foot peg bracket on the brake side as well...!

And I am looking for replacement to make them match...They sale as a pair.

Maybe I just use it for now and wait until some one make the dark one...:)

JB

jellybean
07-24-2014, 01:50 PM
All of the pics and descriptions I've seen show it to be a chrome part.

"Little did you know"?... give me a break. Did you inquire about the product or do any investigation at all.

I check this item on the web then after talking to part and service department at my dealer ...They ordered it for me...what more should I do next time?

JB

Scotrod
07-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Dang,,, Stuff in Canada is high, but,,, dang!

Paid around 80ish for mine on e-bay. (Good price!)

Ended up taking it off,,, Loved the heel part but never melded with the toe part,,, (I have the Kury drop mount boards, angled down in the front,,, perhaps that's why it didn't seem 'right')

Retired Army
07-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Plasti dip is a very soft finish especially for any moving part. Powder coat is a much more durable choice with many finish possibilities. I bought the Kury cubby and plasti coated it and managed to scratch it just dusting it.

Fla_rider
07-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Plasti dip is a very soft finish especially for any moving part. Powder coat is a much more durable choice with many finish possibilities. I bought the Kury cubby and plasti coated it and managed to scratch it just dusting it.

Yeah dusting with an AR-15 never works that good unless your in Vietnam.:lolup: