PDA

View Full Version : GoldWind to F6B

GaryC
07-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Hi all, First post joined recently because I am seriously considering moving to the F6B Delux from my 06 Wing. I know some here have also made the move. I don't think I'll miss the reverse, CB, or heated seat. I'll have to check out the seat cause I now am on a Russell, also have the Traxxion Suspension. So couple of questions.

How's the suspension on the F6? I will test ride one soon but looking for opinion.

For extended trips I know I will miss the room of the trunk. I have a Rivco style cooler rack on the Wing, will that transfer to the F6.

Will the Kuryakin passenger transformer floor board fit?

Can the Mic Mutes be transferred over?

I know lots of questions but thanks. This bike really does it for me nothing like this had me lusting after a bike so bad since my Valkyrie.

jakec
07-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Gary, if you can afford it keep the Wing and buy the F6B. I also have an 06 Wing and when I travel it is my go to bike. I would really miss the trunk, cruise and reverse. My wife would really miss the higher backrest and the heated seat. I really like the F6b for its looks and just cruising around but if a bike goes it will be the F6b. By the way, I don't know how many miles are on your 06 but they are not an easy sell and dealers aren't giving squat on trade. The transformers will work on the F6, I don't know about the Mutes. Welcome to the board.

F6B1911
07-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Hi Gary,
Let me preface this by stating I did NOT move from a Wing to the F6B. I did come off of a BMW with bags and a trunk.

Let me address your question concerning missing the trunk.
My trunk was stuffed pretty full on long trips and camping trips, but that was a small amount of time compared to the miles I put on during short runs where the trunk was empty.
I love the lines of the F6B, especially the lack of a trunk.
The Rivco cooler rack is perfect for the extended camping trip, I can carry everything I need, and eliminate the need for a luggage rack/trunk setup.
After your trip, remove the Rivco and you are back to one badass looking bike. It's a perfect setup in that regard.

RickW
07-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Just my personal opinion, but for traveling for two people the Wing is better. My wife does not like the Passenger Backrest for her on the F6B if going long distances. I love the bike for traveling, but I ride long distances solo. We usually take her Spyder RT if riding two up because she likes the backrest better, maybe she is spoiled.
There are a couple of options, like Ultimate Seats for the Passenger, maybe not cheap alternatives though.
Both bikes have their major advantages.
A lot of parts are the same for all years, some for just 12+ and others are just specific for the F6B. Pretty easy to look each up.
Rick

GaryC
07-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys for the advice and opinions. We have a trip planned in the second week of August 12 days from Mass down south so it will probably be the last trip on this bike. The wife is a real trooper on the back we did long distance rides on the Valkyrie Tourer and she never complained, but she is spoiled on the throne she sits on now.
Keeping the Wing is not really and option just to keep for our one long annual trip doesn't make sense. I'm sure we can make the F6 work with some minor modifications. I'll miss the Wing but that sporty sleek looking new bike will be sweet.

Thanks again for the welcome and advice.

Jimmytee
07-25-2014, 04:52 AM
Thanks guys for the advice and opinions. We have a trip planned in the second week of August 12 days from Mass down south so it will probably be the last trip on this bike. The wife is a real trooper on the back we did long distance rides on the Valkyrie Tourer and she never complained, but she is spoiled on the throne she sits on now.
Keeping the Wing is not really and option just to keep for our one long annual trip doesn't make sense. I'm sure we can make the F6 work with some minor modifications. I'll miss the Wing but that sporty sleek looking new bike will be sweet.

Thanks again for the welcome and advice.
I debated a little, about just getting a Full wing, but loved the sportier look and feel of the F6B. Add to that, I bought a new 2013 seriously discounted, and it was a lot cheaper. I had the thought of buying a gently used Wing and doing one of those convert kits to remove the trunk. However, I've never had a new bike,and simply, I wanted one.
That being said,if I had a 2006 Wing like you, I might simply look at one of those kits. Then You 'd have the best of both worlds so to speak. I know your bags are different on a 2006, but it's a thought.
As far as passenger accommodations, I don't think you'd match what is on a full Wing, but the Honda passenger backrest (F6B) is just a butt chalk.
I bought a standard F6B, knowing I'll be replacing the seat and buying rider and passenger backrests anyways. Ultimate seats work very well for me and my wife on the Valk,and that will most likely be the choice for the F6B.
I was actually deciding between the new Valk( I have a 2000 Valkyrie too) and the F6B. It came down to wanting hard bags and a fairing and not enough patience to see what develops for the new Valk.