PDA

View Full Version : How is this for packaging??

zeus661
07-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Bought my new F6B several weeks ago at Honda of the Ozarks in Springfield, MO while traveling through on vacation on my Valk. I ended up riding the F6B home to Ohio. I also got the $1000 credit for accessories and they ended up shipping the items. Boxes arrives and the luggage rack is missing. I phone them and they say they have one in stock. Look at the picture how it was packaged. The only thing I moved was the business card. The rack and all parts were not wrapped in anything.

Obviously once I got the bike off their lot they didn't care.

Mark

Phantom
07-26-2014, 08:35 AM
:017:
Was the rack damaged? What was the dealerships response when you called them? :popcorn:

Some items don't require to be bubble wrapped. I received a few items this week myself, the packaging material was minimal and mangled but the items inside were fine. No sweat off my brow .... :shrug:

zeus661
07-26-2014, 08:51 AM
No damage, I didn't call them. I don't feel I should have to.

They did however sell me the mounting brackets for the rack, WHICH I DO NOT NEED because it came with a backrest. $100 wasted.

Also they sent me two box of the saddle bag liners (4 bags total) instead of the mat set.

Just a messed up order.

AND I do not have time to return and reship crap.

Just my rant and now I will drop it.

I just think they should have put a little more thought into this sale. They are suppose to be the experts not me.

Phantom
07-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Just post the extras in the Classified section, someone will purchase them from you and then spend the money on other goodies :icon_mrgreen:

Steve 0080
07-26-2014, 09:17 AM
When I bought my rack, pre delivery , I also bought the extra parts and when asked why...they did not have a answer nor did I get the extra bits.....some folks just don't know!!!

Scotrod
07-26-2014, 01:22 PM
I order so much crap I'm never really sure what's in the box,,,

Got a box dropped off at my door once that was smashed all ta hell. "Fragile!' sticker on the outside. :furious:

As the box was beat ta hell, smashed, tore up, you name it, I figured I'd take pictures before and during the 'opening'

Long story short, after about a dozen pictures, (and several gray hairs!!!) I found (2) engine guards, each in their OEM Honda bag,, nary a scratch on 'em,,,

:shrug:

Haven't been that lucky since the winter of '32,,,

'kickthecan'

Steve 0080
07-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Here is the opposite …changed out tail gates on my Super Duty last week…I have a EZ Down on my old tail gate and wanted to move it to the new one….could not locate a bushing that goes into the tailgate so I contacted the company and they sent out the unit,( one bolt/bushing) in a box bigger than for a pair of shoes, complete with cushioning inside to protect the bolt!!! I guess it depends on who wraps the item up!!!

Dave Ritsema
07-26-2014, 02:51 PM
No damage, I didn't call them. I don't feel I should have to.

They did however sell me the mounting brackets for the rack, WHICH I DO NOT NEED because it came with a backrest. $100 wasted.

Also they sent me two box of the saddle bag liners (4 bags total) instead of the mat set.

Just a messed up order.

AND I do not have time to return and reship crap.

Just my rant and now I will drop it.

I just think they should have put a little more thought into this sale. They are suppose to be the experts not me.

Extra bag of saddlebag liners eh?? :039:

Darkknight
07-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Bought my new F6B several weeks ago at Honda of the Ozarks in Springfield, MO while traveling through on vacation on my Valk. I ended up riding the F6B home to Ohio. I also got the $1000 credit for accessories and they ended up shipping the items. Boxes arrives and the luggage rack is missing. I phone them and they say they have one in stock. Look at the picture how it was packaged. The only thing I moved was the business card. The rack and all parts were not wrapped in anything.

Obviously once I got the bike off their lot they didn't care.

Mark

When I bought my 2013 deluxe, it was a new product so I cut the dealer some slack. They didn't even know the part numbers. I had more information from this forum than they knew. When they tried to order the rack AND brackets, I informed then that I only needed the rack and then they "found" the right number to order.
I learned early on that this forum and the information I get here is "priceless". Parts that do work, almost work, don't work or don't work for long, Here is where I find this stuff out!:yes: