PDA

View Full Version : TechSpec Tank Pads

Hornblower
07-26-2014, 01:11 PM
This is an accessory I have added to most of the bikes I've owned. TechSpec tank pads are available now that fit the F6B and here are a couple of pics of my installation:

7161 7162

If you're interested, the TechSpec P/N is 62-2006-SS. They are available in 3 types of varying thickness. My preference is for the "Snake Skins" thus, the SS in the part number. I like these for a couple of reasons. First, they cover up and protect our crappy paint :icon_rolleyes:. Second, they provide a much better grip on the tank if you like to squeeze your legs against the tank in the twisties like I do. They aren't cheap but they are a quality product and definitely serve a purpose.

Steve 0080
07-26-2014, 02:24 PM
And..........where is the link???? Yes I am lazy!!!!

Steve 0080
07-26-2014, 02:29 PM
http://techspec-usa.com/magento/index.php/motorcycles/honda.html

P/N is 62-2006-SS $99.95

Bruce B
07-26-2014, 02:31 PM
I've been considering those since seeing them on a friends Kawi Concours. Other than the price, is there any downside to them. I really like the looks. It would appear that installation should be really straightforward or is it easy to mess it up?

Hornblower
07-26-2014, 02:52 PM
I've been considering those since seeing them on a friends Kawi Concours. Other than the price, is there any downside to them. I really like the looks. It would appear that installation should be really straightforward or is it easy to mess it up?

I had them on my Concours too. To me, the only downside might be the look but I kind of like them. Other than that, I see no downside. The installation is very easy...just peel off the backing paper and stick them on. What I do is turn down the backing paper in one corner and line up the pad like you want it and stick that corner down. Then, it's as simple as reaching under and peeling off the rest of the backing paper and sticking the rest down. If you do make a mistake, it is possible to lift it up and try again but I really try to avoid that. If you wait several hours after application, it's harder to remove. These kits are precut to fit specific bikes and I was really happy to find they had one that would fit the F6B.

One other comment...the Snake Skins are their thickest pads, about 1/8". There are two other choices you might want to consider. Considering my purpose, I wanted the thickest ones which is why I went with the SS pads.

Bruce B
07-26-2014, 03:23 PM
I had them on my Concours too. To me, the only downside might be the look but I kind of like them. Other than that, I see no downside. The installation is very easy...just peel off the backing paper and stick them on. What I do is turn down the backing paper in one corner and line up the pad like you want it and stick that corner down. Then, it's as simple as reaching under and peeling off the rest of the backing paper and sticking the rest down. If you do make a mistake, it is possible to lift it up and try again but I really try to avoid that. If you wait several hours after application, it's harder to remove. These kits are precut to fit specific bikes and I was really happy to find they had one that would fit the F6B.

One other comment...the Snake Skins are their thickest pads, about 1/8". There are two other choices you might want to consider. Considering my purpose, I wanted the thickest ones which is why I went with the SS pads.

I really like the looks of them and prefer the Snake Skins. They seem pricey but knowing my history with this bike, I'd guess that I'll be rationalizing a set before too long.

Hornblower
07-26-2014, 04:04 PM
http://techspec-usa.com/magento/index.php/motorcycles/honda.html

P/N is 62-2006-SS $99.95

And more specifically here:

http://techspec-usa.com/magento/index.php/snake-skin-58579.html

Deer Slayer
07-26-2014, 05:49 PM
This is an accessory I have added to most of the bikes I've owned. TechSpec tank pads are available now that fit the F6B and here are a couple of pics of my installation:

7161 7162

If you're interested, the TechSpec P/N is 62-2006-SS. They are available in 3 types of varying thickness. My preference is for the "Snake Skins" thus, the SS in the part number. I like these for a couple of reasons. First, they cover up and protect our crappy paint :icon_rolleyes:. Second, they provide a much better grip on the tank if you like to squeeze your legs against the tank in the twisties like I do. They aren't cheap but they are a quality product and definitely serve a purpose.

Them purdy!:cheers: