View Full Version : Good price on J + M front speakers for the 6

Scotrod
07-26-2014, 05:44 PM
80 bucks

Wingstuff (Board Sponsor :yes:)

http://wingstuff.com/products/4171-performance-fairing-speakers

Scotrod
07-26-2014, 10:07 PM
If you contemplating the J + M upgrade, 80 is about 15-20 under ~normal~ price.
Just enough to make me break out my moldy old billfold,,,

Kurare79
07-27-2014, 01:02 AM
Note: Will Not Fit European Model GL1800

That's strange. So i assume there must be a difference. Somebody knows if there is also a difference for the European F6B? (Is there at all an European F6B?!)

jpl1800
07-27-2014, 07:07 AM
That's strange. So i assume there must be a difference. Somebody knows if there is also a difference for the European F6B? (Is there at all an European F6B?!)

Just ordered these a few days ago and I paid $93.99. I wonder if I can get a credit?

bobbyf6b
07-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Has anyone said if they are worth the upgrade? Is the sound better?

Hornblower
07-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Has anyone said if they are worth the upgrade? Is the sound better?

You're definitely going to get varying opinions on this. I just did the upgrade and was a bit dissapointed in the improvement, if any. I guess I would have to hear a side-by-side comparison to really know the difference. After installing the J&M's, I heard from an audio guy, specializing in Wings, that said he considers the J&M's as good replacement speakers, nothing more. His personal preference was for Polk speakers but I haven't investigated to see if they have something that will fit the F6B. At this point, I don't think I'm going to spend any more chasing this, especially since I use helmet speakers mostly anyway.

bigdew
07-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Dang...Just bought them on Amazon last week at $93 bucks. Guess I should have waited a little longer.

Scotrod
07-27-2014, 03:36 PM
I have a dumple-bump in the dome of the LH speaker from me knuckles,,,:icon_frown:

I'm quite sure the J + M's won't be like front dead center of a symphony, but,,, Ima gonna try 'em for 80,,,

About the only time I'll use 'em is toolin around the country roads w/ half helmet,,, which is only worn when its 962 degree's,,, and I GOTTA ride!

If there is something better that works with the OEM stereo/amp, and doesn't require a buncha jerry-riggin, I'm open for all suggestions. (I do not plan on a REAL system, just gonna stick w/OEM head/amp)

motoman
07-27-2014, 04:26 PM
With shipping on orders under $99, could be the same price... :icon_doh:

Scotrod
07-27-2014, 08:43 PM
With shipping on orders under $99, could be the same price... :icon_doh:

And that's why I have speakers and a couple cans of 'shiny bright' coming,,, If I'm at 80 and free ship is at 99,,, I can always find something,,,, :shrug:

It's a whole lot tougher when you start out at $30,,, :icon_frown: