PDA

View Full Version : Toolkits??? What to carry?

zeus661
07-27-2014, 05:50 AM
Since the F6B doesn't come with a toolkit what do you carry on the bike? What are the most important sizes I should make sure I have? Anything else?

52edub
07-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Zip ties, some wire and always carry your multi-tool leatherman or other brand.

BigT01
07-27-2014, 06:32 AM
Hi zeus661 :039:

The F6B comes with a toolkit in Australia.
This is what is in it,
Spark plug wrench
8 mm Open end wrench
10 X 12 mm Open end wrench
14 X 17 mm Open end wrench
10 X 12 mm Box end wrench
14 X 17 mm Box end wrench
Pliers
Screwdriver handle
No.2 Phillips screwdriver
No.2 screwdriver
5 mm Hex wrench
6 mm Hex wrench
8 mm Box wrench
0.7 mm Feeler gauge
Tool bag

Hope this helps you

Cheers Tony :cheers:

hoglaw
07-27-2014, 07:07 AM
Cell phone and an American Express card.

zeus661
07-27-2014, 07:19 AM
Hi zeus661 :039:

The F6B comes with a toolkit in Australia.
This is what is in it,
Spark plug wrench
8 mm Open end wrench
10 X 12 mm Open end wrench
14 X 17 mm Open end wrench
10 X 12 mm Box end wrench
14 X 17 mm Box end wrench
Pliers
Screwdriver handle
No.2 Phillips screwdriver
No.2 screwdriver
5 mm Hex wrench
6 mm Hex wrench
8 mm Box wrench
0.7 mm Feeler gauge
Tool bag

Hope this helps you

Cheers Tony :cheers:

This helps a lot. Thanks

Scotrod
07-27-2014, 07:33 AM
We've had this discussion before. All ya have to carry is a gun. Free gas, free cash, free meals,,, Anything you need is just a click away!

Now, if your a non-toter like myself, and you've done enough wrenchin to know the most commonly used stuff,,, carry that,,,, so you can help the guys who ran outta ammo,,

Deer Slayer
07-27-2014, 07:57 AM
Try to score a tool kit from a crashed Goldwing. I got my tool kit out of my totaled 2008 when I took my stuff out. The screw driver is a Japanese Industrial Standard type, not a phillips. Very handy to have to prevent rounding the head on JIS screws. :tools1::cheers:

zeus661
07-27-2014, 08:29 AM
We've had this discussion before. All ya have to carry is a gun. Free gas, free cash, free meals,,, Anything you need is just a click away!

Now, if your a non-toter like myself, and you've done enough wrenchin to know the most commonly used stuff,,, carry that,,,, so you can help the guys who ran outta ammo,,

Useless Reply

Phantom
07-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Useless Reply

I DISAGREE, that is what we call HUMOR on this forum.:clap2:

I actually got a chuckle from the reply. :crackup: Knowing Scotts history, there was no malice behind his reply, he's actually funny at times and even funnier looking from what I hear (his wife told me :shhh:) .... :nutkick: :icon_mrgreen:

We have a good time on here and I encourage it. :poke: 'chill/pill' :cheers:

Join us at the Rally and you will see first hand the caliber of this fine group of riders.

Now lets go for a 'riding'

Rustysocket
07-27-2014, 11:26 AM
I picked up a goldwing oem kit off of ebay a few months ago. After looking at it and the bike for a while I decided that while I feel good having it along, I likely will not need much other than a hex wrench or occasional screwdriver to tighten a loose fastener. I thre a few zip ties and a roll of duct tape in just in case as well.

I also carry a phone, and taped a credit card on the bike should I get separated from my wallet.

bobbyf6b
07-27-2014, 11:32 AM

Where's the like button? :icon_mrgreen:

bobbyf6b
07-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Here's what you need. I bought one myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBhc5BQjbtQ

zzh54
07-27-2014, 12:00 PM

Too funny

Hornblower
07-27-2014, 12:02 PM
The screw driver is a Japanese Industrial Standard type, not a phillips. Very handy to have to prevent rounding the head on JIS screws. :tools1::cheers:

This valuable tip should not be overlooked :yes:

grendl
07-27-2014, 01:28 PM
On my trip to Wisconsin,I carried a set of channel locks,pair of needle nose pliers,both types of screwdrivers and a crescent wrench and tire gauge.I bought a tire repair kit with compressor while I was there.(probably should have picked up a couple of the cartridges but..)
The only thing I needed was the needle nose pliers as my helmet lock would not open on the way back. Yes my helmet was attached to it and I wont ride without it. Plus wasn't going to have it banging around on the saddlebag.
I'll start looking for a goldwing toolkit just in case. But it's a gold wing , I shouldn't need this stuff right:icon_rolleyes: Damn helmet lock....and I have roadside service with my insurance.....

Scotrod
07-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Useless Reply

I'll show you mine if you show me YOURS!!!

:yikes:

About twice as long as a Dr Pepper can, and a heck of a lot fatter:

Glows in the dark: (The ladies REALLY like that feature!!!)

And when I lay it all out,,, BAM!!!:

Haven't had to use anything but the screwdriver so far, and that was on an aftermarket accessory,,, 'kickthecan'

(PS. Tire kit is chapter 2)

motoman
07-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Cell phone and an American Express card.

:yes:

Also maybe AAA card--they will tow bikes with the 'Plus' memberships. There might be other independent MC Tow services in your area.

I would hate to be working on a Goldwing out on the road. Plus I doubt that anything that did go wrong would be user serviceable...

99% of the time it's gonna be a dead battery...

shooter
07-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Cruz Tools makes a nice kit. Has space to add to it. I have one in each bike.

motozeke
07-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Useless Reply

No, because a) he's right (here's the thread, and it's packed with helpful tips: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2673-What-are-the-quot-essential-quot-tools-to-bring-along-for-the-F6B&highlight=tool) and b) because it's funny. :icon_cool:

Hornblower
07-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Cruz Tools makes a nice kit. Has space to add to it. I have one in each bike.

:agree: Picked up one of these at the Franklin rally last year. It fits perfectly in the back of the left saddlebag.