PDA

View Full Version : Chrome or not to chrome ( fog light question)Chrome cowling ???

Jimmytee
07-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Ok, I just got my brand new 13 Red and black F6B. Among the items I bought, with the $1000 accessories, is the LED fog light kit. The light kit that Honda provides for the measly sum of $499 :icon_rolleyes:( yes, that's right,read the sarcasm in that) looks to be top notch. However, as some have already said, you're putting a round light into a square hole. Wing stuff has some adapters that are $60. O.K. but for that kind of additional coin,plus a little more, one could buy the chrome cowling with the round holes. I've already got the Chrome rotor covers,from Honda , so I'm not one of the anti chrome people, but am wondering if changing the cowling to chrome would be too much. Has anyone here done it?

Scotrod
07-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Where is Steve when ya need him?!?!? :shrug:

Jimmytee
07-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Where is Steve when ya need him?!?!? :shrug:
???

Scotrod
07-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Steve 0800,,,, pretty sure he has the chrome cowling,,,

Not a lot of us do, but if I was interested in anything about the chrome cowling, I'd ask him. :yes:

Dave Ritsema
07-28-2014, 04:47 PM
OR you could buy a non chrome one from ebay, or your dealer may even have some old take offs and just repaint them flat black. They are making really good rattle can blends these days that work just fine in an application such as that.

Jimmytee
07-28-2014, 06:39 PM
OR you could buy a non chrome one from ebay, or your dealer may even have some old take offs and just repaint them flat black. They are making really good rattle can blends these days that work just fine in an application such as that.
They have the adapters to fill in the square hole in black. They're like $55 though, and the whole chrome piece is $98 - $139. Just not sure I'd want to change the look . Still pondering.:cheers:

RickW
07-29-2014, 08:43 PM
This is what they look like with the Chrome Lower Cowling (http://store.valueaccessories.net/ChromeFrontLowerCowlHondaGL1800.aspx). This is actually the Big Bike Parts piece (2012 Version). I like the styling of the newer version better then the older version.

Jimmytee
07-29-2014, 09:41 PM
This is what they look like with the Chrome Lower Cowling (http://store.valueaccessories.net/ChromeFrontLowerCowlHondaGL1800.aspx). This is actually the Big Bike Parts piece (2012 Version). I like the styling of the newer version better then the older version.

Ok, first off, what are you using for the illuminated Honda Wing emblem?:yes:

Next, what is the difference between the "standard" and the "2012 version"?

You've added quite a but of chrome. Not sure if that's the route I wanna go. Just not sure where the line is I don't want to cross in covering up the black.

Is that smoked chrome on the frame and saddle bags?
Do you have more pics?

Thanks
Jim

Oh, I forgot. How are you liking that Mustang seat? Does the lack of an adjustable backrest bother you. I'm in the decision part of buying a new seat. I bought a standard, so I have to include buying a passenger backrest into the equation. My Ultimate King with dual backrests on the Valkyrie is awesome. I really like the looks of the Corbin, but I fear it's too firm. The Mustang looks nice and has some positioning features that are appealing, but I worry it won't provide the Back support I've come accustom to from My Ultimate on the Valk.