PDA

View Full Version : OEM fog light installation

Jimmytee
07-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Installing the OEM fog lights and I get to where I'm looking for the plug for the switch harness. Where the heck is it? Anyone? I've searched with a flashlight,about to start removing body parts, but it's supposed to be in the left side somewhere under where the pocket is and behind the radio control panel. Help anyone?

Scotrod
07-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Installing the OEM fog lights and I get to where I'm looking for the plug for the switch harness. Where the heck is it? Anyone? I've searched with a flashlight,about to start removing body parts, but it's supposed to be in the left side somewhere under where the pocket is and behind the radio control panel. Help anyone?

Up inside a white 'boot' with a buncha other wires. Can't really see it that easy, but inside that boot is where they hide it..

Jimmytee
07-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Up inside a white 'boot' with a buncha other wires. Can't really see it that easy, but inside that boot is where they hide it..
Thanks. I swear I did not see that plug in there before. I had kinda dismissed it because of its location. Got it though.

Reedman71
07-28-2014, 06:47 AM
I have a set on order. Can you better describe the "boot" and it's location? maybe a pic? Please.

Coop creek
07-28-2014, 06:41 PM
I don't have a pic but from memory the boot was behind and below the radio panel, which you will be removing. Look at the left fairing on your bike. Look at the black plastic area BELOW the radio panel. The boot is behind there. It is a soft, clear plastic liberty bell shaped thing about the size of a plum. It was positioned vertically, open part down, I recall reaching in and making the connection with some difficulty, mostly by feel.
Again this is from memory, I just remember being a little surprised how far back it was.