PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone - New to F6B and this Forum

VP8
07-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi Everyone...well yesterday was the big day. I traded in my 2011 Yamaha FJR1300A for a 2014 F6B. And man...it rides so smooth. I got the black one, so I'm constantly having to wipe it down. Now, I'm working on getting a new windshield...thinking about the Cee Bailey's 11". Would be very appreciative if anyone has any feedback regarding this windshield.

This F6B has a lot of pep...when I rode off the dealer lot, it jolted me back because the throttle is so sensitive and the seating position is more neutral. Big smiles all the way home...and I staying in the garage for a while afterwards just staring at this Black Beauty.

Scotrod
07-27-2014, 04:52 PM
WELCOME to the fold!!! :yes:

Windshields are like underwear. Everyone has their preferences, and one size does not fit all!!!

Lotsa threads here on shields, and you'll never really know until ya try a few out.

Hornblower
07-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Good advice from Scotrod :clap2:. I had the 13" Cee Bailey's with vent and really liked it. Of course, I like to experiment and now have the Madstad which I may like even better. As with any windscreen, your seated height and how much wind protection you want goes a long way in determining the best size for you. Several good choices out there...

VP8
07-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys...I'm still leaning toward the Cee Bailey's 11". I don't like to see through my windshield, but want a dark tint to it.

Steve 0080
07-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Clear-view?????

Reedman71
07-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Just picked up this beauty...

Had a great purchase experience at Lancaster Honda. 4 year warranty and $1000 in accesories (on order). They threw in the windscreen to seal the deal. Anyone know what kind it is in case I need to order fasteners? I didn't think to ask when I picked it up.

Pap
07-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Welcome VP8 and welcome Reedman!
Man, the group is growing!
The word must be getting out!

Blotar
07-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Welcome to both of you and congratulations. Please share your stories as they unfold. We all enjoy hearing them.
Blotar:icon_biggrin:

motozeke
07-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Welcome to both of you! I've had the 13" Cee Bailey with the vent and while it was a massive improvement over the stock screen, it was still pretty loud over 60 mph. I now have the Madstad screen and it's a revelation. Quiet, smooth wind flow at highway speeds is finally possible! Love that screen. Got the dark one too. :yes:

racer
07-28-2014, 03:33 PM
This F6B has a lot of pep...when I rode off the dealer lot, it jolted me back because the throttle is so sensitive and the seating position is more neutral. Big smiles all the way home...and I staying in the garage for a while afterwards just staring at this Black Beauty.

yup. I noticed that too. Sensitive, yeah that's it. The 6 wants to sprint. Took some getting used to.

F6BLK
07-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Clear-view?????

http://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/honda/honda-f6b-windshields/

XKnight
07-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Now, I'm working on getting a new windshield...

Congrats on the new F6 and welcome aboard. Windshields are usually the first thing to get replaced. The height you end up with will depend on a lot of factors and how tall you're willing to go to get protection versus how cool you want the bike to look. It's a compromise.

There have been quite a fee members that ended up trying various height shields before they got it just right. Personally, I knew I wanted the most protection available to cut out wind buffeting and noise so went with a 19" vented Slipstreamer that works great for my needs. I'm a fan of function over form. The Klockwerks Flare shield seems to be a popular choice that looks great and still provides a good amount of protection.

imported_NMRed
07-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Welcome aboard. +1 on the Madstad. I have the 15 inch, look over the top by four inches and have zero buffet.