PDA

View Full Version : Opening Ceremony

Reedman71
07-28-2014, 02:14 PM
I read the manual and was able to figure out how to customize the opening ceremony screen. I saw one other thread on this but no pics. So I thought I would show others what this looks like.

zzh54
07-28-2014, 04:21 PM
So thats how its done, you need to read. lol Good job

XKnight
07-28-2014, 05:01 PM
Wasn't even aware that such a thing existed.:icon_cool: Maybe I'll actually read the entire manual on of these days.

Wild Bill
08-10-2014, 12:17 PM
7527Finaly got it.Was running out of hair to pull out.

Kurare79
08-10-2014, 12:19 PM
:shock: Oh, what's that? Seeing this the first time! Didn't knew this is possible. Thx for showing!

Retired Army
08-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Unless the rider is a F6B scientist setting up the opening ceremony is time consuming and requires the patients of Jobe. Having the owners manual in hand during the process helps. I was really fortunate to have help from a person that had done it and it still took time.

Paul B Blues
08-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Wasn't even aware that such a thing existed.:icon_cool: Maybe I'll actually read the entire manual on of these days.

Ditto 'all/right'

2kewlgypsy
08-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Mine, with my newly painted inner fairing.

Jimmytee
08-10-2014, 07:47 PM

So how did you paint the console? Have someone do it and match the paint or //

Wild Bill
08-10-2014, 08:18 PM

That realy looks good.Sets the hole bike off.Mine will be done in the near future.

2kewlgypsy
08-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Jimmytee - I just popped it off (no screws, start back by the key and pull up gently), work your way around and up. Three electrical connections - one on each speaker tweeter and one on the push buttons. Honda emblem is applied with double sided tape, pull up gently with a small screwdriver or an exacto knife. (speakers and buttons have 5 screws each holding them in the fairing piece, remove those)
For the actual painting, I did my self - but have done cars and many bikes in my life. This paint is actually on my daily driver (when I have to take a car) - a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. I would guess that anyone that paints could do it for you, reassembly is just as easy.
Good luck!
2~kewl

Jimmytee
08-11-2014, 05:04 AM
Jimmytee - I just popped it off (no screws, start back by the key and pull up gently), work your way around and up. Three electrical connections - one on each speaker tweeter and one on the push buttons. Honda emblem is applied with double sided tape, pull up gently with a small screwdriver or an exacto knife. (speakers and buttons have 5 screws each holding them in the fairing piece, remove those)
For the actual painting, I did my self - but have done cars and many bikes in my life. This paint is actually on my daily driver (when I have to take a car) - a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. I would guess that anyone that paints could do it for you, reassembly is just as easy.
Good luck!
2~kewl

Thaks, yeah I've had the dash off and I do my own wrenching.:icon_cool: I was more interested in how you painted it. Was there any special application made due to the plastic and color matching the red. On my Valkyrie, I painted the speaker grilles on the Woody fairing to match the red on my Valkyrie.I simply found some Dupli-Color (Ford Red) that matches pretty darn close.

Steve 0080
08-11-2014, 05:15 AM
Yea!!! Do you have to ruff up the piece, sand a little or just start painting with light coats???

2kewlgypsy
08-11-2014, 10:26 AM
I cleaned with alcohol after barely scuffing with 600 grit paper - its new plastic so, not much prep.
Light coats to start, and applied about 5 coats of paint with a touch up gun - there are lots of angles.
Followed recommendations from Eastwood company, and like our bikes, this is a single stage paint. Fast flash time of about 5 minutes between coats, no clear coat (though maybe someday, if I do the whole bike!
2~kewl

BACA
08-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Here Ya Go..........

Instructions for customizing the Opening/Ending Ceremony on a Honda F6B Gold Wing
The buttons on the dash are in parenthesis and the buttons with no parenthesis are on the display.

First of all the Opening/Ending Ceremony has to be set to “OFF”.

Here is how...

Push (Setup) then NEXT (Dim button).
Push OFF (Info button).
Push SET (Setup button)

That was easy now here is how to program the Opening/Ending Ceremony Display...

Push (Setup button) then NEXT (Dim).
Push and hold OFF (Trip button)
Push and hold SET (Info button)
Push SET (Setup button) while holding the other two buttons
Display will read....”SPECIAL”
Push SET (Setup) and make your changes.

BIGLRY
08-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Here Ya Go..........

Instructions for customizing the Opening/Ending Ceremony on a Honda F6B Gold Wing
The buttons on the dash are in parenthesis and the buttons with no parenthesis are on the display.

Here is how...

Push OFF (Info button).
Push SET (Setup button)

:301:And you better be fast on the buttons too.

er.medic
08-12-2014, 06:43 AM

That painted dash looks amazing :clap2:

Hardrock
12-30-2014, 07:43 PM
bump

53driver
12-30-2014, 07:53 PM

Fla_rider
12-31-2014, 06:55 AM
:301:And you better be fast on the buttons too.

Send the wife out on a shopping spree, get rid of the kids. Prepare to take at least 30 minutes of brain wracking button pushing and lots of swearing!

Ixol Phaane
12-31-2014, 11:54 AM
Send the wife out on a shopping spree, get rid of the kids. Prepare to take at least 30 minutes of brain wracking button pushing and lots of swearing!

Yep!! :banghead:

F6B1911
12-31-2014, 02:55 PM
... Or, after pressing buttons long enough to get a bad attitude you just key in anything!

Texas TC
12-31-2014, 03:02 PM
I am so glad that when I first got my F6B, I managed to get into that stupid program and eliminated the ceremonies altogether. I really don't need to by welcomed or told goodbye by my motorcycle.

imported_PA_F6Ber
12-31-2014, 04:50 PM
Here Ya Go..........

Here is how...

Push OFF (Info button).
Push SET (Setup button)

I tried to change mine a couple of times and just gave up. I missed the point about needing the Opening Ceremony to be off to program it.

Thanks,
Carl