PDA

View Full Version : $1000 Honda Accessories

07-29-2014, 09:01 PM
If you buy a new F6B you now get "$1000 Accessory Bonus can only be used for purchase of Honda Genuine or Signature Accessories at the dealership and must be redeemed on the date of purchase. "

If I understand that correctly, I can spend $1000 on Honda OEM Accessories the day of purchase. I'm sure that they will have all kinds of loopholes to keep it from working, but assuming that this is how it actually works, which accessories do you recommend?

Center stand $250
Heated grips $280
Tall windshield $200
LED Foglights $500
Deluxe Helmet Headset $219

I never carry a passenger so do not need a backrest. I am pretty mechanically inclined and will do the installations myself since it is not included in the offer. Which of these would you get to equal the $1000?

bob109
07-29-2014, 09:17 PM
If you buy a new F6B you now get "$1000 Accessory Bonus can only be used for purchase of Honda Genuine or Signature Accessories at the dealership and must be redeemed on the date of purchase. "

If I understand that correctly, I can spend $1000 on Honda OEM Accessories the day of purchase. I'm sure that they will have all kinds of loopholes to keep it from working, but assuming that this is how it actually works, which accessories do you recommend?

Center stand $250
Heated grips $280
Tall windshield $200
LED Foglights $500
Deluxe Helmet Headset $219

I never carry a passenger so do not need a backrest. I am pretty mechanically inclined and will do the installations myself since it is not included in the offer. Which of these would you get to equal the $1000?

You can score a center stand from E-bay for $25/$50 dollars!

The Tall Windshield with vent, heated grips and fog lights would be money well spent IMHO!

Ray H
07-29-2014, 10:23 PM
+1

CarolinaRider
07-29-2014, 10:27 PM
I dont think I would do the Honda Windshield since there are so many others that are much better.

Scotrod
07-29-2014, 10:52 PM
Tough call as there are several aftermarket alternatives,,,

I'm not a light guy, but the OEM LED foggers are supposed to be 'good stuff'...

Honda makes a bike cover that is ~OK~,,, (Works best with OEM short shield) 100

Saddlebag liners are handy if ya do a little travelling 100

I swore I would NEVER need a passenger backrest, but ended up getting one anyway (You need a 'carrier mount kit' to install the b-rest, or, to install a rear rack)

Do not get a Honda rack unless you never intend to haul more than just (1) bologna sandwich!!! :icon_doh: BikeMP3 has one that's ten-fold better!

Depending on your location, heated grips would be very useful.

Kind of a tough call, but I'm sure you'll manage!!! :icon_biggrin:

TerryB
07-29-2014, 11:57 PM
I just purchased my F6B very recently and got the $1000 in accessories. No gimicks, pick what you want up to $1000. You do need to factor in tax if your state has it.

Since I purchased the Deluxe I went with the LED Fog Lamps, Tall Shield, Short Tinted Shield, and 12V Accessory Socket. All are quality products. I probably would have not picked Honda accessories, but you cannot beat "free". :icon_biggrin:

07-30-2014, 12:51 AM
I agree on the "free" comment. I tried to look at what was available and its inflated cost versus a real world cost. The fogs seem comparable and people say the Honda kit is good. So that is $500. I have no idea what windshield I will want but it seems like most people go through several before finding the perfect one, so I figure I could try the "free" one. The smaller windshield is the same height as stock but tinted, correct? Heated grips in Texas aren't too necessary except that I do most of my riding during our "winter" so it might be a nice touch for "free".

A 12v plug is a must for me, but the Honda one is $80 and I have seen plug and play aftermarket ones for $12.

Thanks for all the input. Anyone else?

Jimmytee
07-30-2014, 05:08 AM
I agree on the "free" comment. I tried to look at what was available and its inflated cost versus a real world cost. The fogs seem comparable and people say the Honda kit is good. So that is $500. I have no idea what windshield I will want but it seems like most people go through several before finding the perfect one, so I figure I could try the "free" one. The smaller windshield is the same height as stock but tinted, correct? Heated grips in Texas aren't too necessary except that I do most of my riding during our "winter" so it might be a nice touch for "free".

A 12v plug is a must for me, but the Honda one is $80 and I have seen plug and play aftermarket ones for $12.

Thanks for all the input. Anyone else?

I passed on the passenger backrest, because I plan to replace the seat soon, and will probably being going with an Ultimate with both rider and passenger backrests.

I guess I'll need the brackets, probably going to buy the MP3 rack.

Yes the $1000 goes quick with the overpriced accessories, but it's still was cheaper than buying them out of my own pocket:icon_cool:
My total came up $70 over when tax was added. The dealer squashed the $70 .:yes:

I got the
Chrome rotor covers( wasn't sure about those, but I like them )

LED fog light kit

12 volt accessory outlet. Yes an aftermarket is cheaper, but that goes for everything.

License plate frame

saddlebag liners

FlatSixBagger
07-30-2014, 08:41 AM
shop manual

SPGrenier
07-30-2014, 09:07 AM
I bought my F6B earlier this month. There was no mention of the $1,000 give-a-way from the salesman.

After learning about it here, I called him yesterday and confronted him with it. He tells me that my 2013 F6B was the first one that he sold. He is now contacting Honda to se what we can do about it. Supposedly, the Honda rep will be in the dealership today and this will be discussed.

I took a demo ride on the F6B at another Honda dealer. I made an offer on the bike but they would not come to my number. Had they brought the $1,000 incentive into the mix, they would have sold me the bike and I would have never gone to dealer number 2.

C'Ville
07-30-2014, 10:04 AM
I got the Tall Windscreen, Fog Lights, and Center Stand, those were the best for my bike and needs.

SPGrenier
07-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Ok it's now officially a Honda Christmas in July.

As background, the dealership where I bought my F6B is Best Honda and Best Ford in Nashua NH. I started a negotiation for my F6B in late June. The $1,000 promo was not available at that point.

When I closed the deal a few days into July, I ended up closing the deal with the finance manager at the Ford side of the operation. So the car finance manager didn't bring it up either. He may or may not have been made aware of the new incentive or was just working from the initial negotiations.

The long and the short of it is that Best Honda got in touch with their Honda rep. The decision was to offer me the $1,000 in accessories for the purchase of my left over 2013. The salesman simply asked me to come in and choose my parts.

Now that's how taking care of the customer gets done. Thank you Best Honda!

My thanks go out to this forum as well for being such a great source of information.

Retired Army
07-31-2014, 01:45 PM
The heated grips are defiantly a +.

07-31-2014, 06:21 PM
I ended up not purchasing the F6B today and using the $1000 offer. The dealership gave me a price "plus TT&L" over the phone. I calculated the TT&L and added it to the quoted price and it fit into my budget so I went up to seal the deal. When I got there the price was $1600 higher than we had discussed. They told me that this was their cost for assembly and freight. To me the quoted price "plus TT&L" means that they have calculated their freight and assembly, especially when that unmentioned fee is 10% of the purchase price. But to them it didn't. (I also think that $1600 for that is a bit excessive, especially for last year's model at a dealership with 15+ 2013s). So in the end the bike was more than I was willing to pay. So I'll play the waiting game for a little longer or I'll pick up the 2014 FJR that I have also been eying for several grand less.

SPGrenier, even though I didn't end up with an F6B...yet, I'm glad that you were able to benefit from my post.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Scotrod
07-31-2014, 06:32 PM
Mama Honda wants 390 for freight. My official bill of sale priced the bike at 390 lower than what I was told with 390 added to that for freight. No set up fee's.

XKnight
07-31-2014, 08:33 PM
I ended up not purchasing the F6B today and using the $1000 offer. The dealership gave me a price "plus TT&L" over the phone. I calculated the TT&L and added it to the quoted price and it fit into my budget so I went up to seal the deal. When I got there the price was $1600 higher than we had discussed. They told me that this was their cost for assembly and freight. To me the quoted price "plus TT&L" means that they have calculated their freight and assembly, especially when that unmentioned fee is 10% of the purchase price. But to them it didn't. (I also think that $1600 for that is a bit excessive, especially for last year's model at a dealership with 15+ 2013s). So in the end the bike was more than I was willing to pay. So I'll play the waiting game for a little longer or I'll pick up the 2014 FJR that I have also been eying for several grand less.

SPGrenier, even though I didn't end up with an F6B...yet, I'm glad that you were able to benefit from my post.

They were trying to pull a fast one and rape you. Sleazy dealer that does not deserve your business. Please post the name of the stealer so I know to avoid them.

Morpheous
07-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga TN NEVER charges ANY FEES! Good prices. ask for Bill Spearman.

Also, Mountain Motorsports in Marietta GA has the slower Red 2013 ones for $13885! Might be worth the trip!

RcBtx1999
08-01-2014, 01:53 AM

I bought mine at Cycleplex in San Antonio. Originally, I was going to fly to Atlanta and travel up to Chatanooga where they had the F6b for (2013) for 15,200.00 with 0% financing. I went by Cycleplex in San Antonio and mentioned it to them, they sold me a 2013 Deluxe for 16,400.00. I'm real pleased. Got the financing for 1.9% through Honda. The deal are there if you shop around. I'm told Chatanooga is cheapest in the nation.:stirthepot:

SPGrenier
08-01-2014, 09:35 AM

When I was negotiating a price for my 2013 with my local dealers, my leverage was that I was willing to go down to SC from NH and buy one there for $16,500. I would have had no trouble flying down and taking a road trip home. Find your price and I'd bet that you'll be able top find a dealer to sell you one.

Perhaps start a thread here and ask owners what hey paid and where they got it. Ask for dealer locations within your travel radius. As to your choice of bikes, I have to tell you that I love the F6B. This bike makes me want to ride. I find myself trying to make time in a busy schedule just to get out on it. It is one heck of a machine. CAUTION:It is an attention getter everywhere you go.

toy_collector
08-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm picking my new 2013 up on Aug 18 from Kaukauna, Wi. I checked all the dealers in Wi before getting this deal. 16,099 with no fees and$1000 in accessories. The rest of the dealers all wanted $18k +. The dealer in Wisconsin Rapids wanted $16,500 for a used '13 with 4000 miles and a cupped front tire. I'm getting the tall windshield, 12 V plug, pass backrest and luggage rack. I know the MP3 is nicer but I ran out of other stuff I wanted that cost less than the money I had left and I didn't want to leave money on the table. My dealer did want to charge to install everything so I'll be busy installing everything myself for the first few days after I get it.

JackB
08-10-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm picking my new 2013 up on Aug 18 from Kaukauna, Wi. I checked all the dealers in Wi before getting this deal. 16,099 with no fees and$1000 in accessories. The rest of the dealers all wanted $18k +. The dealer in Wisconsin Rapids wanted $16,500 for a used '13 with 4000 miles and a cupped front tire. I'm getting the tall windshield, 12 V plug, pass backrest and luggage rack. I know the MP3 is nicer but I ran out of other stuff I wanted that cost less than the money I had left and I didn't want to leave money on the table. My dealer did want to charge to install everything so I'll be busy installing everything myself for the first few days after I get it.

I paid $15850 no fees $1000 in accessories and I got a great trade in price from. Badger Cycle in Manitowoc. The dealers around here are running out of 2013 F6C's.
Cederberg was the cheaper at $15099 plus $390 for fees = $15489 for a red one.
Badger Cycle is close to me plus with the great trade in plus they are a great dealer I didn't shop around for trade in price.

Injun Joe
08-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Attached is my present thinking on the $1k. But now this thread has me reconsidering because my dealer's price is $18.4.