PDA

View Full Version : Headed to eastern Canada for 6 days

SteveM
07-29-2014, 10:10 PM
After cross country in 2012, around the Great Lakes with an SS1000 run on day one last year, I'm taking it easy this year and leaving tomorrow for a 6 day trip through eastern Canada. I'm headed north past Montreal to Mont Laurier, then on to Matagami (way the heck up) on day two. A right turn east takes me to Chicotoumi on day 3 and across the Gaspe peninsula on day 4. The finish is a run southeast to St. John, NB and then home on days 5 and 6.

It looks to be a great trip, and I'll make the effort to use what little French I know and my iPad can provide!

Deer Slayer
07-29-2014, 10:30 PM
After cross country in 2012, around the Great Lakes with an SS1000 run on day one last year, I'm taking it easy this year and leaving tomorrow for a 6 day trip through eastern Canada. I'm headed north past Montreal to Mont Laurier, then on to Matagami (way the heck up) on day two. A right turn east takes me to Chicotoumi on day 3 and across the Gaspe peninsula on day 4. The finish is a run southeast to St. John, NB and then home on days 5 and 6.

It looks to be a great trip, and I'll make the effort to use what little French I know and my iPad can provide!

Hay Steve do P.E.I if you can They only charge you to leave the island. Take the Federation Bridge is was $14.00 vice the ferry that is a lot more. When I did it took the ferry over and bridge off island. Have fun!:cheers:

Fla_rider
07-30-2014, 07:57 AM
Take pics, drive safe.

The Highwayman
07-30-2014, 11:11 AM
If you are that close and can make the time, I would encourage you to do the Cabot Trail loop around Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia if you haven't done it before. It is the Pacific Coast Highway of Eastern Canada.

Darren
07-30-2014, 12:54 PM
I'll wave to you when you pass Nova Scotia, don't want to add to your trip but you could always take the st john to digby ferry and visit. Time it for The Wharf Rat http://www.wharfratrally.com/