PDA

View Full Version : New Fast Black 2014 Deluxe

Morpheous
07-31-2014, 03:26 PM
I just pulled the trigger also on a 6 Blk today!! Took a maiden voyage 135 miles home and it is different good coming off a Vision. (miss the leg room). Twisting the throttle and looking in the mirror made for a huge grin on my face and now I know what you all have been experiencing. I will need to make it my own and miss the comfort of sitting IN the bike instead of on so I will be looking to change the seating some how and getting some sort of backrest extension for the Mrs. Thank you all for your valuable input in this forum. I'm sure ill have some questions.

zzh54
07-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the family, this bike is one of the best I have owned in some time. Lots of info in here on what works and what doesnt.

shooter
07-31-2014, 03:50 PM
Man that black has some kinda super slick owl snot formula in the paint. Makes all the difference. Probably at least 3 tenths quicker in the 1320 than the "slow red".

pitcherd
07-31-2014, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the Forum, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

Darryl

SmallPasture
07-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Man that black has some kinda super slick owl snot formula in the paint. Makes all the difference. Probably at least 3 tenths quicker in the 1320 than the "slow red".

:lolup: but still 0.02 seconds slower than the yellow one! :icon_mrgreen:

'welcome gang'

F6B-RICH
07-31-2014, 04:19 PM
'welcome gang' & :congrats: from NJ .batman-smilie.

B-builder
07-31-2014, 04:44 PM
Fast red

opas ride
07-31-2014, 04:53 PM
I just pulled the trigger also on a 6 Blk today!! Took a maiden voyage 135 miles home and it is different good coming off a Vision. (miss the leg room). Twisting the throttle and looking in the mirror made for a huge grin on my face and now I know what you all have been experiencing. I will need to make it my own and miss the comfort of sitting IN the bike instead of on so I will be looking to change the seating some how and getting some sort of backrest extension for the Mrs. Thank you all for your valuable input in this forum. I'm sure ill have some questions.

I traded my 2011 Vision Tour also for the F6B..After several months with the 6 I do not miss the floorboards and leg room at all...Rather like the rider pegs and the closeness to the tank feel..I went with a Mustang seat which is 1" lower and the adjustable 19"Baggershield and the wind noise and protection is, to me, just as good as the Vision. Engine heat on hot days is way less and I love the power and smoothness of the F6B..There is a link on this site to a back-rest extension made by one of the guys I think, that will move the stock unit up about 4 inches which I understand works great.....Welcome to a great bike......

XKnight
07-31-2014, 05:40 PM
Congrats on the new F6. Once you get use to the seat position and less legroom you'll be all smiles. I had a Victory Cross Roads with the 106 motor and the power difference with the F6 is very noticeable indeed. The F6 also handles better than my Vic did, although the Vic handled way better than my Harleys. I think I finally found the right bike for me. Wish I had gotten the F6 sooner.

Jimmytee
07-31-2014, 06:54 PM

Besides a new seat, the other thing that is a must is highway pegs for me. I'm a long time Valk rider and so the foot peg location is not all that different. However, with the broad torque curve of these six cylinder engines, it's nothing to ride most of the time with my feet stretched out on the highway pegs.Ergo IIIs and I like them very much. They have a spring mechanism that allows them to rotate down when you put your feet on them and then they spring up when you take your feet off them. There is a brand called Mic-O-Pegs that many really like that does the same kind of thing. I like the looks of the Kurys better.

Fla_rider
07-31-2014, 07:32 PM
'welcome gang' from Sunny South Florida :th_sunbathe:

Seriously, look at the banner at the top of the page which bike crosses first!:moon:

Morpheous
07-31-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the well wishes...:039:

Big Jay
07-31-2014, 08:33 PM
'welcome gang':postpics:'riding' congrats your gona love it.

imported_scottydi
07-31-2014, 08:47 PM
Looks like the Georgia group is growing, welcome to the 6 and the forum

Scottydi

Ixol Phaane
07-31-2014, 09:29 PM
'welcome gang'

And Congrats!
Will be looking for you on the road... in the mirrors of my Ultra Fast Yellow 6, that is! :icon_biggrin:

Navvet
08-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Is getting all of the bugs out of your teeth. Just can't help having a big 'ol grin while riding it .....

kjelders
08-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Time out here on which color is the fastest. At the PNW-F6B-14 Gathering, the fastest color debate was put to rest. Barry770 and I were the only black bikes there. All the red bikes were in front of us on the ride Saturday on the Rattlesnake highway in Oregon. When we did our first stop at the lookout point, Barry and I need extra time to cool our brakes off as we had to ride our brakes the whole way behind those slow red sleds. :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

Meanie97
08-01-2014, 12:48 PM
'welcome gang' from Sunny South Florida :th_sunbathe:

Seriously, look at the banner at the top of the page which bike crosses first!:moon:

Thats only because the black one is about to lap the red one!:icon_biggrin:

Meanie97
08-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Congratulations and enjoy, so jealous. Waiting for one of my Harleys to sell before I can get my F6B.

ghostrider
08-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Time out here on which color is the fastest. At the PNW-F6B-14 Gathering, the fastest color debate was put to rest. Barry770 and I were the only black bikes there. All the red bikes were in front of us on the ride Saturday on the Rattlesnake highway in Oregon. When we did our first stop at the lookout point, Barry and I need extra time to cool our brakes off as we had to ride our brakes the whole way behind those slow red sleds. :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

We wanted to make sure you guys could keep up. :icon_lol: we didn't want to loose you. :stirthepot:

Fla_rider
08-01-2014, 02:50 PM
We wanted to make sure you guys could keep up. :icon_lol: we didn't want to loose you. :stirthepot:

Haha:lolup::catfight: