PDA

View Full Version : Baker Air Wings

MercuryF1
06-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I used to have the Air Wings on my GL1800 and am thinking of putting it on the F6b. Do you think it will spoil the look of the bike? I found the Wings good in hot weather especially when it deflects the hot air from the radiator....

dougvtx
06-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Are there any wings for the F6B? If so, which ones? I'm preparing for a long trip and was looking around. As of yet, I haven't been able to find some. I think I would like to install some foot wings. Are there any to fit?

TennX
06-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Im hoping they come out with some that look like they belong on the F6B..to me I don't think the standard bakers will look right...guess Im anal....good luck

Steve 0080
06-12-2013, 10:22 PM
There is a member here w/ the Baker Hand Wings and for me I have installed the Tulsa brand...will go out tomorrow and check them out!!!

18050 GL1800 Mirror Air Deflectors (Dark Smoke) Pair $40.00 $10.00 $50.00

http://www.allamericanprod.com/prices.pdf

MercuryF1
06-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Keep us posted please!

Steve 0080
06-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Did the install along with the Muth mirrors...there is a difference...will have to have Mama on the back, it is my understanding that the Tulsa hand wings help the passenger more than the rider as they are not adjustable...help with helmet buffeting ....

MSGT-R
06-16-2013, 12:24 AM
I was considering the Baker Wings that mount under the mirrors. That would be un-obtrusive..

MichaelG
06-16-2013, 12:46 AM
My 13 cents worth...I have the Tulsa under-the-mirror wings, and I love them. They give my hands more protection from the wind...at the grip area...and divert air further back behind me. I have used Tulsa air wings for many years on all 3 of my GL-1800 Wings, and while I personally know Bruce and Barbara Baker, I woulod choose the Tulsa wings over the Baker Built wings any day.

You can also get the Tulsa air wings in dark soke tint, like I did, and they blend in with the bike.

MercuryF1
06-16-2013, 02:43 AM
My 13 cents worth...I have the Tulsa under-the-mirror wings, and I love them. They give my hands more protection from the wind...at the grip area...and divert air further back behind me. I have used Tulsa air wings for many years on all 3 of my GL-1800 Wings, and while I personally know Bruce and Barbara Baker, I woulod choose the Tulsa wings over the Baker Built wings any day.

You can also get the Tulsa air wings in dark soke tint, like I did, and they blend in with the bike.

Looks good but lacks adjustability during hot weather rides when the need arises for extra air flow to the rider.

MichaelG
06-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Looks good but lacks adjustability during hot weather rides when the need arises for extra air flow to the rider.

Maybe that is one of the reasons why I "hate" hot weather. I will say this again, all you folks that live below the 45th parallel, please keep all your hot and humid weather down there with you. Us "ice bergs" like to ride in cold weather.:icon_cool:

TennX
06-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Man I like the looks of the Tulsa , wish they were adjustable...like many had the bakers on my sold GL1500 and really liked the adjustability (is that a word)....good luck

hondabikepro
06-18-2013, 07:44 PM
I was considering the Baker Wings that mount under the mirrors. That would be un-obtrusive..

i have run the baker built, they are adjustable, if you run a stock f6b shield you do not need them. if you have a over size shield the ones that mount under the mirrors work very good, they will direct air into your chest on a hot day they are the deal. and on a cold day help protect your hands.
at this time the mirror deflectors are on back order for the f6b, i am waiting for mind to come it, but have run them on other gl1800. and in a dark smoke will look good with my smoked wind bender shield. dale

MercuryF1
06-19-2013, 04:13 AM
What about the lower 2 pieces of the Air Wings that attach to the fairings at the radio knob level? Are they any good for the F6b?

hondabikepro
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
What about the lower 2 pieces of the Air Wings that attach to the fairings at the radio knob level? Are they any good for the F6b?

the side mount deflectors also work very good. but are easy to brake off, and are hard on the fairing mounting points, but really direct a lot of air towards you. dale

MercuryF1
06-19-2013, 08:54 PM
the side mount deflectors also work very good. but are easy to brake off, and are hard on the fairing mounting points, but really direct a lot of air towards you. dale

More air flow is good but since you mentioned how fragile it is, I think it would be difficult to use the Gezagear tight fitting bike cover onto the bike with side mounted deflectors installed! It has to be one or the other!

bobbyf6b
10-30-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm trying to decide between the Baker hand wings and these from Show Chrome. I find good and bad reviews for both. Can I get some feedback from you guys?

These. But black.

TCC
10-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Maybe that is one of the reasons why I "hate" hot weather. I will say this again, all you folks that live below the 45th parallel, please keep all your hot and humid weather down there with you. Us "ice bergs" like to ride in cold weather.:icon_cool:

Turning in adjustable air wings just blows hot air on a Texan. Non-functional in Texas summer. :icon_wink:

kjelders
10-30-2013, 02:36 PM
I vote adjustable dark tint baker hand wings....

bobbyf6b
10-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks KJ.

Anyone have these?

dougvtx
10-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks KJ.

Anyone have these?

Got a link? :bbq2:

bobbyf6b
10-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Got a link? :bbq2:

Here ya go.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/Inventory/Navision/52-665U?catalogNo=1

I saw them at a local Honda shop. They were in the package so I couldn't size them up to the bike. Hard to imagine how good they fit.

$140 :shock: so I think I'll get the Baker ones.

Scotrod
10-30-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm trying to decide between the Baker hand wings and these from Show Chrome. I find good and bad reviews for both. Can I get some feedback from you guys?

These. But black.

I'm happy so far with my Lt smoke National Cycle Hand Deflectors:

http://wingstuff.com/products/31588-quantum-hand-air-deflectors?context=gold_wing_gl1800-air_deflectors

They have a very 'positive' ratchet/type feature that keeps 'em right where ya put 'em. :yes:

I run with the 'forward' portion of the deflector parallel to the direction of travel to scoop a little air back onto my wrists / chest when its warm outside. Swivel 'em all the way closed and they block off a lot of the air coming around your grips. Got to be a heck of a plus in ~cooler~ weather,,, (If it ever gets cool here in Houston!)

Scotrod
10-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks KJ.

Anyone have these?

IMHO, after reading the reviews,,,they would be good for keeping air off of you,,, but perhaps not so good for directing air on you. Depends on what ya need I suppose.

dickiedeals
10-30-2013, 08:55 PM
i have run the baker built, they are adjustable, if you run a stock f6b shield you do not need them. if you have a over size shield the ones that mount under the mirrors work very good, they will direct air into your chest on a hot day they are the deal. and on a cold day help protect your hands.
at this time the mirror deflectors are on back order for the f6b, i am waiting for mind to come it, but have run them on other gl1800. and in a dark smoke will look good with my smoked wind bender shield. dale

Baker Built Hand Wings™, also known as Mirror Wings, NEW GENERATION, Model H18HWBNGDT, Honda GL 1800 '01 - '12 BLACK Hardware, Dark Tint. Look under this title on ebay. $62 Bucks free shipping They work great. and look good too.