PDA

View Full Version : Seat advice 6'3 with 34' inseam

brewcityf6b
08-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Having come from the V-twin cruiser world, all honda's, most recently a VTX 1800N with a corbin gunslinger saddle, I have come accustomed to sitting "in" the bike vs. on top of the bike. While, in my first 1K miles on the F6B, I've grown accustomed to the stock saddle with drop floor boards and kury pegs to stretch out on, I would still like to get into the bike a little more. My fear is that if I go with one of the after market seats that drops you into the bike more that it will be a double edged sword and I will feel too folded up due to having long legs.

Anyone with long legs have any experience with any of the aftermarket seats that they can share with me. Perhaps it will be the lesser of two evils, either sitting on the bike or sitting in the bike and having my legs more folded up on the boards. It's an expensive endeavor to try a seat out so I am hoping for at least some feedback from some of the longer-stemmed board members who feel my pain of wanting to be in the bike more.

While I've gotten used to the stock seat and feel relatively comfortable, it just resembles a scooter seat to me whenever I look at it or sit on it. It's truly my only complaint about the f6b if you can even call it that. I'll admit, while I like function, I still tend to favor form at this point of my riding life.. Just my opinion.

Thanks all as always for your feedback.
Paul

Navvet
08-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I stayed with the factory seat, but I added Roadsmith Comfort Controls. These moved the pegs forward several inches and down slightly.

Much more comfortable and allow's easy adjustment of the controls to accomidate my big feet.

I do scrape the pegs a bit more ... minor compromise .....

Scotrod
08-01-2014, 12:03 PM
More info on Roadsmith Comfort Controls:

http://trikeshop.com/news/4192012/

Forward 3 inch's, down 1:

http://www.trikeshop.com/shop/category/78/comfort-controls/

(I do not have these controls. Just posting links for the long-legged fella's!)

brewcityf6b
08-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Yowza, that's not cheap. I actually feel okay with my foot position now since I added the drop for boards and the highway pegs. More interested in exploring a different saddle to get into the bike more.

XKnight
08-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I'd recommend the Mustang seat. It will drop you down an inch and allow you to sit a little bit further back in the saddle, more like a typical cruiser seat. It also does make you feel more in the bike instead of on top of it like with the stock seat. The built in back support is a nice feature too. Also, you can always add highway pegs to stretch out your legs on long rides.

Exbmwrider
08-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Corbin Dual Touring Seat! Gives you plenty of room, looks good. You feel surrounded by the seat.2176

brewcityf6b
08-03-2014, 08:22 PM
No feedback on any of the aftermarket seats from taller riders? Just really interested in hearing if taller riders feel comfortable or too cramped on the aftermarket seats.

XKnight
08-03-2014, 08:44 PM
No feedback on any of the aftermarket seats from taller riders?

Ultimate King seat might be your best bet since it's specially designed for taller riders. Having owned two Ultimate seats on previous bikes I can attest to there comfort and quality.

Exbmwrider
08-03-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm 6-3, 225. The Corbin dual touring seat pictured above is very comfortable for me. Thus far, I have not needed highway pegs, and I have a couple of 700 mile days on the F6B.

d-shark
08-04-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall with 34 inch inseam. I ride long distance on the stock seat in comfort with Mick-O-pegs. For the tall guy these get your feet forward and down low to distribute body weight across the back side of your thighs. Mick-O-Pegs really improve long distance comfort on the stock seat. I do many 200 mile legs between fuel stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W1aGHwqgPk

http://ridingiswonderful.com/id22.html

If you just don't like the look of the stock seat then I'm sure others can help.

maxrider
08-04-2015, 09:22 PM
I chime in for you, 6'4", 235, 35 inseam,size 15 boot, just purchased a Russell Day Long seat system.

Great improvement over stock, like day and night,with leather option and built in back rest fully adjustable.

Pricey for some, but priceless in comfort.Drove 720 mile one way to get fitted and it was well worth it.

Went to San Diego to DHS and had him (Dan Sherbourne) install for me one of his custom shifter linkage, which provides you with a noticeable shorter and crisper shifting(removes the slop) and raised the height of the shifter measured from the ground to bottom of shifter at 11" to 12".

There is a possibility to do more in the raising of shifter height, but for now I'm going to try this out.

That and a 20" Madstad shield, when it get here I expect that to cure my noise issue, I had a 15" Madstad shield but it was not to conducive for my height and needs.

Might consider the drop down pegs as a experiment in the future, but hate to give up ground clearance, twisty person:).

Hope this helps in your quest.

Max

BIGLRY
08-04-2015, 09:54 PM
At 6'5" 400lb and a 36" inseam there is only one saddle I'll ride and fits me perfectly... that is a custom fitted Russell Day-Long https://www.day-long.com/ I have made a few post about them:icon_lol: so I won't boor the rest of the guys & gals again, but if you do a search of my post you will know how much I love my RDL and why I have been ridding them for over 35 years and have had one made for most every steel steed I have owned.:icon_biggrin:

Bagger
08-12-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm 6'2" and 220 with 34" inseam.

Riding with many kinds of bikes and for many years.

I've had a bunch of saddles, too. Some local custom, others what you've seen here. And, actually, some work better on some bikes than others. My VTX1300 with a Mustang/rider backrest was great. Not so much on another bike.

My 2001 Wing has an Ultimate saddle. Not cheap, but very well made and quite comfy for me out of the box. So much so that I ordered and installed one on the F6B. I like it a great deal. I'd give them a dial and speak with Dez to see what you are interested in having done.

Google with give you the website.

BTW, i have a '13 Street Glide and I don't feel I sit "in the bike" any more than I do with the 6 and the Ultimate.

SoCal Rich
08-14-2015, 11:46 PM
I echo the Ultimate King. Super comfy, you sit in it not on it, and get extra leg room. I'm 6'1" with long legs and arms, and it's perfect for me.

Old N Grumpy
12-06-2015, 10:14 PM
At 6'5" 400lb and a 36" inseam there is only one saddle I'll ride and fits me perfectly... that is a custom fitted Russell Day-Long https://www.day-long.com/ I have made a few post about them:icon_lol: so I won't boor the rest of the guys & gals again, but if you do a search of my post you will know how much I love my RDL and why I have been ridding them for over 35 years and have had one made for most every steel steed I have owned.:icon_biggrin:

Hi...figured with 35yrs of RDL experience you might be able to answer a question. I need more room in the cockpit. Does the RDL move you back and if so how much. Lots of folks on here use the Ultimate King and when I called Ultimate they said it puts you back 1.5". Not sure if thats enough. Thanks a lot!

dickiedeals
12-07-2015, 07:13 AM
Hi...figured with 35yrs of RDL experience you might be able to answer a question. I need more room in the cockpit. Does the RDL move you back and if so how much. Lots of folks on here use the Ultimate King and when I called Ultimate they said it puts you back 1.5". Not sure if thats enough. Thanks a lot!

Its my understanding RDL will move you back as far as you desire....You can also move your bars forward,out,in,or back with a spacer kit from someone on this Forum. I forget who but Steve can tell you.. I think they are better than Kuryakyn.....Dickie

BIGLRY
12-07-2015, 12:37 PM
RDL saddles are a truly custom made saddle, no two are alike, they are made to fit you and your anatomical requirements and can set you back as much as you want or at lest until you run out of seat pan to build on and as far up... well the sky is the limit, on one of my Runes the RDL on it is over 8" high from stock. The RDL on my F6B is 4" up and 3" back, a perfect fit for my 6'5" 400 lb., 36" inseam frame.
Here is link to pic and post http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5915-BIGLRY-S-Daylong-Saddle