PDA

View Full Version : NO POWER OUTLET???!!!

boocoodinkydow
06-12-2013, 06:46 PM
really? i've scanned the owners manual without success & gone over the bike physically & can't find evidence of an electrical power outlet. am i going blind or is there really not one?

Mustangjake
06-12-2013, 07:22 PM
It takes the same 1 as other goldwings! You can buy one for 16.95 on EBay goes in the left glove box easy to install.

Pedro66
06-12-2013, 08:51 PM
We have a double USB that we fit

http://bikemp3.com/Dual-USB-Power-Outlet-MP3-USB-02A.htm

Steve 0080
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
I would suggest the cigarette lighter type and buy a USB that plugs into the lighter ...

Alberta Beagle
06-12-2013, 10:54 PM
T
We have a double USB that we fit

http://bikemp3.com/Dual-USB-Power-Outlet-MP3-USB-02A.htm

Pedro has the right idea!!!! Why put in an old school power outlet when you can add a double USB for nearly the same cost. Most modern electronics all run off of a USB.

Beagle

Steve 0080
06-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Beagle, That is true...however on my recent trip, after buying a USB for my GPS...come to find out Garmin requires a USB cable with something in the line so the GPS knows it is hooked to power instead of a computer....I have both types of plug ins. now...but if you buy the cigarette type and USB plug that goes into a cigarette light style plug is only $5....

Bottom line what ever accessories your are going to run make sure you have the plug to run YOUR accessories...

Gumby
06-13-2013, 08:08 AM
I have the lighter with the double USB adapter. Why limit your options, especially on something that cheap. I've gone on trips already where I've forgotten my phone charger. I can get a lighter charger at a gas station. In fact, the one I bought on the last trip is now my F6B charger. I can't always get a USB charger cable.

The funny part is I tried to order the MP3 double USB, but they were back ordered, so I bought the cheaper lighter plug and USB adapter instead, and I'm very glad it worked out that way.

boocoodinkydow
06-13-2013, 08:15 AM
thanx for the help fellows. looks easy enough. can't believe mama honda wouldn't spring for a couple of $$ to install one. been riding beemers too long & have gotten spoiled!!

Alberta Beagle
06-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Beagle, That is true...however on my recent trip, after buying a USB for my GPS...come to find out Garmin requires a USB cable with something in the line so the GPS knows it is hooked to power instead of a computer....I have both types of plug ins. now...but if you buy the cigarette type and USB plug that goes into a cigarette light style plug is only $5....

Bottom line what ever accessories your are going to run make sure you have the plug to run YOUR accessories...

True Dat Steve. :icon_biggrin:

micky_foccer
06-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Pedro (Pete),

I clicked on your link and it says that you are out of stock. Any idea when the front usb double charger will be available?

Steve 0080
06-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Here is a pic of my two power sources.....Double USB and Cigarette model....