PDA

View Full Version : Bike audio

Jimmytee
08-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I was just playing around and I know it is no contest, but since putting the baggershield on , the F6B stereo is pretty competent .However, sitting next to my Valkyrie, and AB comparison, there is no comparison:icon_lol:. Valkyrie has 4) 5,25" Kickers and 2) 6.5" Kickers, powered by a Kenwood amp and sourced from a Kenwood head unit. I'm running through my mind what I'll do with the audio for the F6B. It ought to be fun. I have other things first, but I can't wait to tweak the audio on my F6B. Just sharing.:shhh:

bobbyf6b
08-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Valkyrie has 4) 5,25" Kickers and 2) 6.5" Kickers, powered by a Kenwood amp and sourced from a Kenwood head unit.

:yikes: Wow! I bet that sounds great.

Jimmytee
08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
:yikes: Wow! I bet that sounds great.

It does, it embarrasses those new $30K plus Harley audio systems.:icon_mrgreen:

I just hope to come close with the F6B. It will have to involve some creative thought. Right now, I'm thinking I'll start with an amp and some new speakers for the fairing. I'll be shopping and examining performance characteristics of speakers I can fit into the fairing. I'll then probably look at what I want to do in the rear. Whatever I do will be done stealthily with minimum impact on luggage space. Right now I'm thinking roughly of some 7 -8" speakers firing towards the rear wheel. The sound pressure of the two speakers facing each other produces some pretty good sound. The effect is pretty dramatic. It involves making some custom baffles to mount the speakers that fit in the desired location.Then perforating the area in the wall of the bag at the front of the speaker. I'm chomping at the bit sort of, just thinking about it. However, I'm still in the process of other add ons. It will probably be a winter project.I still got a 86 Aspencade to finish rehabbing.

bobbyf6b
08-03-2014, 12:48 AM
I'm sure someone could fit a couple speakers in the fairing on the right and left side (cubby hole on left). I was thinking a speaker could be mounted in the center cubby area too. A member here in AZ has installed woofers in the bags and it booms pretty good at slow speed, but it's harder to hear on the highway.

Jimmytee
08-03-2014, 05:01 AM
I'm sure someone could fit a couple speakers in the fairing on the right and left side (cubby hole on left). I was thinking a speaker could be mounted in the center cubby area too. A member here in AZ has installed woofers in the bags and it booms pretty good at slow speed, but it's harder to hear on the highway.

I remember seeing a thread where someone put one of those compact powered subwoofers in each saddlebag. Is that what you're talking about? If so, that is not what I'm proposing. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that would be near as effective, plus you'd have to take those out to have bag space. I've not seen what I'm talking about on a Gold wing, but have seen it / heard it on custom audio Harley installs.

Yeah, the fairing could get wild, and I won't rule anything out, but I really think that just working with the stock speaker locations alone will yield some good results with the right speaker and amp choice. IMHO , the Kickers are pretty hard to beat for sensitivity and low end response at a decent value.

I'm looking forward to it. Audio, obviously ,has been another longtime hobby/interest. When I get to it, I'll definitely share pics and results.:yes: